What's this do? Born In the Echoes

XDUST12

Started by ThePumisher, Aug 27, 2021, 21:44

Previous topic - Next topic
10 bucks Ellie Rowsell will contribute vocals on XDUST12...





(they suddenly started following her account but not the Wolf Alice account - same happend to Aurora, and we all know how this ended on XDUST11 ;) )
Last Edit: Dec 20, 2022, 19:06 by Csar
no idea, no idea

Well, I think, that we'll get the new LP not later, than on the next june.

Maybe we'll get another single later this year?
But I really dunno if WEP will appear on the record.
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

I think that TDTYF will be on the new album but not WEP.

Quote from: Stefan on Aug 28, 2021, 08:59

I think that TDTYF will be on the new album but not WEP.

dito

But maybe (fingers crossed) WEP was the introduction of releasing proper b-sides on singles again. I miss those times where they released at least one b-side to every single (sometimes even 2)


BTW Ellie is following them back. Could just be frienship because both (Chems & Wolf Alice) headlined Lattitude and theres chances they've met backstage, bust the past told a different story
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Stefan on Aug 28, 2021, 08:59

I think that TDTYF will be on the new album but not WEP.

Well, Haai kinda confirmed it

https://twitter.com/haaidj/status/1398234986042494977
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: JRSZ on Aug 28, 2021, 20:37

Well, Haai kinda confirmed it

https://twitter.com/haaidj/status/1398234986042494977
I'm not sure that it can be an official statement, can be just opinion.
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Explud on Aug 28, 2021, 22:43

I'm not sure that it can be an official statement, can be just opinion.

Well, let's hope for it then
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Did they just post new stuff on their Instagram Story or is this just some random playing?
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Nov 29, 2021, 22:50

Did they just post new stuff on their Instagram Story or is this just some random playing?

it reminds me of Hanna and a more cinematic CWU/PTB

The Darkness That You Fear was also teased this way at the start of the pandemic with very similar orchestral ambience
I can't take the hearbreak of you leaving me again
And I'm not the one I was back then, no, no, no, no
One thing I can't take is to sit home all alone
Do what you like, my dear, but I'm not staying home

Quote from: ThePumisher on Nov 29, 2021, 22:50

Did they just post new stuff on their Instagram Story or is this just some random playing?
Close your eyes part 2  ;)
Insomnia.

Already posted in the Live 2021 thread, but also gonna leave this here:
3 videos of the same song, played on their Warehouse DJ gig on 10. December 2021, speculative new XDUST12 material:

Recorded by https://www.instagram.com/b.d.19862/


Recorded by https://www.instagram.com/madi.coles/


Recorded by https://www.instagram.com/nickspencer_/

Escape Velocity vibes
no idea, no idea

Main riff sounds like modular osc played by analog sequencer, drum roll with flanger/phaser, distorted spoken word one shot sample like one that we have in SYFSD - 200% Chemical.
Hi Kevin!

A snippet from another track, I'm less sure about it:

Recorded by https://www.instagram.com/lewis_johnstoneccles/

Btw, Instagram ist an absolute nightmare to search for content and I'm only uploading the videos to Youtube so that other people who are smart enough not to have an account on this hellsite won't be tempted

Quote from: ThePumisher on Aug 27, 2021, 21:44

10 bucks Ellie Rowsell will contribute vocals on XDUST12...



Is this from the database where tracks are registered?

Ohgoditshappening.gif

Quote from: Bosco on Jul 30, 2022, 04:26



You checking the list weekly like Santa preparing for Christmas?

Funny thing is, If I had bet money on this, I would have predicted her credit would be for the warped pop/rock/indie track we heard from Printworks (incidentally Printworks is closing down).

So I'm thinking SACEM have either (a) credited Ellie for the wrong track, or (b) she has more than one writing credit on the new material.

Re the "Dreaming" vocal; although I no longer think it's Loleatta Holloway, I still think it's a sample. I'd be surprised if it's Ellie's voice.
Yea though I walk through the valley and shadow of death
every day of my life,
I fear no evil for The Lord is with me.

I KNEW IT! I FUCKING KNEW IT! HAH!
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jul 30, 2022, 10:21

You checking the list weekly like Santa preparing for Christmas?

Funny thing is, If I had bet money on this, I would have predicted her credit would be for the warped pop/rock/indie track we heard from Printworks (incidentally Printworks is closing down).

So I'm thinking SACEM have either (a) credited Ellie for the wrong track, or (b) she has more than one writing credit on the new material.

Re the "Dreaming" vocal; although I no longer think it's Loleatta Holloway, I still think it's a sample. I'd be surprised if it's Ellie's voice.

I've been checking anytime there is a tidbit that indicates new music. However, this time I checked to cross reference "Mind Response" as I couldn't remember if that track was previously registered (it was), and while searching low and behold came across the new one.

I haven't marinated in the newer tracks in hopes to keep them fresh when I see them, but is it possible the main vocal has purposely been extracted from "Feels like I'm Dreaming" to keep it a secret? Literally, only skimmed through the song once at the beginning of the tour, so I'll leave it up to you guys to answer that.

and yes Stefan, from Sacem

Quote from: Bosco on Jul 30, 2022, 16:33

I've been checking anytime there is a tidbit that indicates new music. However, this time I checked to cross reference "Mind Response" as I couldn't remember if that track was previously registered (it was), and while searching low and behold came across the new one.

I haven't marinated in the newer tracks in hopes to keep them fresh when I see them, but is it possible the main vocal has purposely been extracted from "Feels like I'm Dreaming" to keep it a secret? Literally, only skimmed through the song once at the beginning of the tour, so I'll leave it up to you guys to answer that.

and yes Stefan, from Sacem

AND I FEEL LIKE I'M DREAMING
AND I FEEL LIKE I'M DREAMING
AND I FEEL LIKE I'M DREAMING
AND I FEEL LIKE I'M DREAMING
AND I FEEL LIKE I'M DREAMING
AND I FEEL LIKE I'M DREAMING
AND I FEEL LIKE I'M DREAMING
AND I FEEL LIKE I'M DREAMING
I can't take the hearbreak of you leaving me again
And I'm not the one I was back then, no, no, no, no
One thing I can't take is to sit home all alone
Do what you like, my dear, but I'm not staying home

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.