What's this do? Surrender

Live @ Bizarre-Festival 2002 HQ Video

Started by Ben_j, Aug 19, 2015, 16:56

Previous topic - Next topic
Browsing through the live videos I had, I stumbled on that cool Bizarre Festival 2002 video, which is 40mn of what I consider to be the best live setlist the Chems ever did. Sadly, the quality was not optimal : interlacing lines and bad aspect ratio kinda ruined the whole thing. So here I go, running it through FFMPEG with the right flags, and tadaaa ! A shiny new 50fps video (in 4:3 mind you... but I'd rather watch it at 4:3 than at a stretched 16:9 with apparently-fat Tom & Ed)


Note that although the video is 720p on YouTube, I only upscaled it to 960x720 so that I could get 50fps on YouTube. Lower resolutions don't allow for 50fps, so I had to do an upscaled version just for the YouTube upload. The real dimensions are 800x600

EDIT : I've uploaded the 720p version Explud shared. It looks definitely better, thanks Explud !

Last Edit: Aug 20, 2015, 21:42 by Ben_j

same festival, one day later:

no idea, no idea

I have it in nice HD quality (1280x720), 50 fps, 12mbps. Don't know how to share it with you guys. It's 3,6 Gb.
Last Edit: Aug 19, 2015, 19:19 by Explud
Hi Kevin!


There you go: https://yadi.sk/d/T11BegNhiYdvi

P.S. They should return visuals on worktable!
Hi Kevin!

This is amazing, glad the we're still finding live material from 2002 13 years later, I remember the thrill of going on napster/kazaa/etc while they were touring that year finding stuff.


Quote from: Explud on Aug 19, 2015, 19:15

I have it in nice HD quality (1280x720), 50 fps, 12mbps. Don't know how to share it with you guys. It's 3,6 Gb.
Quote from: Explud on Aug 19, 2015, 19:43

There you go: https://yadi.sk/d/T11BegNhiYdvi

P.S. They should return visuals on worktable!
Really nice ! Now I have to upload it again though :(

And yes, the projected visuals under the table is one of the thing I like the most about that tour

i dont want to watch this, brings back memories of the last time i saw them in Canada, was on this tour, and will probably never seem them again  :-[

I uploaded the 720p version, it definitely looks better !

Another great quality video  ;D    Live Rockpalast 2002 

song  ?  intro ?  21.52 min   GOT CLINT ?



Edit:
I've moved your post to this already existing one since it's the same concert: Bizarre Festival 2002, broadcast by Rockpalast WDR (German TV channel)
Last Edit: Nov 20, 2015, 19:04 by Csar
Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *

Quote from: wrclaguna on Nov 20, 2015, 18:53

Another great quality video  ;D    Live Rockpalast 2002 

song  ?  intro ?  21.52 min   GOT CLINT ?



Edit:
I've moved your post to this already existing one since it's the same concert: Bizarre Festival 2002, broadcast by Rockpalast WDR (German TV channel)
Looks like reupload of Ben_J.
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Explud on Nov 20, 2015, 20:27

Looks like reupload of Ben_J.
Not a reupload because I've cropped it to 4:3 to get better quality vs bitrate.

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.