0 (0%)
Elektrobank [Full Lenght]
0 (0%)
Get Up On It Like This [Loops Of Fury E.P.]
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Quote from: Stefan on Aug 04, 2022, 16:49

Holy Shit that Lowlands version of It Doesn't Matter  :o

Incredible set, weird choice to cut out the Reel.

I have to agree, 'It Doesn't Matter' is the track I keep playing REALLY LOUD on repeat.

It is a tease though, you can hear TPPR at the end of 'Mind:Response' and you just want it ot keep going!

Maybe these are the most expensive 5 tracks i've ever bought...

54€ the LP set itself
7€ for shipping
10€ custom charges (thank you brexit)
6€ "Auslagepauschale" (there's no translation for this) because the parcel service did an prepayment for the custom charges

that been 15,40€ for each of the unreleased alternate mixes. i didn't include DYOH itself in my calculation because i've already owned it on vinyl & cd and wouldn't have bought it again if the new edition would have come withouth these bonus tracks. and damn, me want's that Lowlands set...

Oh, btw, i have number 826
no idea, no idea

The release of Lowlands as digital only is really kinda strange.
Most generous interpretation: they decided very late (i.e. when the vinyls/CDs where already being manufactured) to make the anniversary edition more special.
Least generous idea: they decided that this way, they would cash in twice, because of course the hardcore fans will buy the physical release and want the live recording too.

My guess: Band/management originally wanted to include Lowlands in the physical edition, but the label cut it because the Surrender Super Deluxe Editions didn't sell and so they decided very late to release the set digital-only instead of simply leaving it in the vaults. No one thought about how the ones who purchased the Deluxe Editions feel about this - because they got exactly what they've ordered and physical music is widely regarded as some kind of merch anyway.
Last Edit: Aug 05, 2022, 15:23 by M_O_N_O

I think if it was planned from the start they would have announced it from the start.

As others have said, perhaps this only became a possibility at the last minute.

Another possibility is that legal/ownership limitations prevented them from including the live set on physical media or mentioning it in the main promotions.

Also, it would've made DYOH a 4CD edition. The concert is just over 79 minutes. It would've had to been split across two CDs. I've never seen official CD releases go past 76 minutes.

According to Wikipedia, CDs nowadays can hold up to 86 minutes of uncompressed music.

The thought that maybe the super fancy Surrender set did sell below expectations and so this release was kept smaller occured to me today as well.

Am i the only one that hears a small glimpse of EML Ritual at the end of the Not Another Drugstore / Best Part Of Breaking Up mashup (starting at 2:00). Ok, maybe not, but there are similarities.  ;D

edit:
Didn't know they've worked with Base 6 so long before it's release as a b-side :o
Last Edit: Aug 06, 2022, 12:11 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Aug 06, 2022, 11:31

Am i the only one that hears a small glimpse of EML Ritual at the end of the Not Another Drugstore / Best Part Of Breaking Up mashup (starting at 2:00). Ok, maybe not, but there are similarities.  ;D

Interesting! I don't hear it myself, BUT I do hear what sounds like the main pulse from SIFSD when It Doesn't Matter breaks down at 1:41. Different key, but that kind of off-kilter syncopated synth in the background is very reminiscent.

Also, you guys weren't kidding about It Doesn't Matter, huh!? Freakin' beast!
I also had forgotten how much I love the Alive 1997 style vocal destruction of Setting Sun from back then. So much energy.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Just listened to DYOH, "Where Do I Begin - Alt Mix / 15/6/96."  Wishes realized.  New hole well dug. CHMBros delivered. 

Quote from: neorev on Aug 05, 2022, 18:10

Also, it would've made DYOH a 4CD edition. The concert is just over 79 minutes. It would've had to been split across two CDs. I've never seen official CD releases go past 76 minutes.

I have the one, Aphex Twin's Selected Ambient Works vol.2.
The CD1 is 79:42 in total and CD2 is 77:00

But the USA copies lacks the #4 of standard CD release, which makes the CD1 75:02.

Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Mine arrived yesterday! Number 1395!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Got mine also, n°1061, which is a prime number so I guess it makes it somehow special

I got 1169. However, on the third LP, side E, I found this big scratch. What do I do?

EDIT: I've sent a helpdesk request asking for a replacement, but since it seems sold out, not really sure what can be done....maybe partial refund? There's a noticeable *pop* when the needle hits the gouge.

Last Edit: Aug 23, 2022, 02:56 by Ford

oooh, that's a huge bummer. You should absolutely get a refund of sorts. The scratch goes almost across half of the side so it's pretty much useless. Did you contact them right away after you unpacked it?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Ford on Aug 23, 2022, 02:49

I got 1169. However, on the third LP, side E, I found this big scratch. What do I do?

EDIT: I've sent a helpdesk request asking for a replacement, but since it seems sold out, not really sure what can be done....maybe partial refund? There's a noticeable *pop* when the needle hits the gouge.
Yeah, that is no good. Even with these limited, numbered editions, most sellers keep a few extra copies on hand for situations like these. Good luck.

Quote from: Csar on Aug 23, 2022, 11:20

oooh, that's a huge bummer. You should absolutely get a refund of sorts. The scratch goes almost across half of the side so it's pretty much useless. Did you contact them right away after you unpacked it?

I didn't contact immediately after unpacking, it was a few days (life getting in the way and all that). The record still plays, there's just a *pop* every time it hits the scratch. But for 45 quid I expect records shipped to me without scratches/defects on them.

Quote from: Ford on Aug 24, 2022, 01:35
But for 45 quid I expect records shipped to me without scratches/defects on them.

100% agreed. Never, in all of my days of buying vinyl, have I ever seen something like this on a new pressing. Minor imperfections and even skips? Sure. But never like this on a cheap bootleg 12" vinyl, and certainly not on a special limited edition such as this. I can imagine your frustration with no replacement available.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

I am still listening to the Lowlands Festival like I'm going to wear out the proverbial wax. This is by far one of my favorite Chemical releases from the entire catalog.
Last Edit: Sep 20, 2022, 21:41 by satur8
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

I now have the vinyl! Makes my 25th DYOH celebrations complete, with the CD and vinyl taking their proud places on my shelf. A late achievement of mine, but an achievement nonetheless.  :)
"I'm fucking allergic to feathers, you cunts"