We Are the Night

Best B-Side, E.P.-track, non album track, behind the couch track, best-of album

Started by ThePumisher, Aug 23, 2015, 13:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Best B-Side, E.P.-track, non album track, behind the couch track, best-of album only track, digital download only track, album bonus track...

Dope Coil (Fourteenth Century Sky E.P.)
Her Jazz (Fourteenth Century Sky E.P.)
My Mercury Mouth (My Mercury Mouth E.P.)
If You Kling To Me I'll Klong To You (My Mercury Mouth E.P., Life Is Sweet single)
Dust-Up Beats [eventualy replaced version) (My Mercury Mouth E.P.)
Dust-Up Beats (My Mercury Mouth E.P. & Wipeout soundtrack)
Be That Thing (The Serious Road Trip compilation)
Let Me In Mate (Leave Home single)
Loops Of Fury (Loops Of Fury E.P.)
[The Best Part Of] Breaking Up (Loops Of Fury E.P.)
Buzz Tracks (Setting Sun single)
Prescription Beats (Block Rockin' Beats single)
Morning Lemon (Block Rockin' Beats single)
Not Another Drugstore (Elektrobank single)
These Beats Are Made For Breakin' (Elektrobank single)
Flashback (Hey Boy Hey Girl single)
Scale (Hey Boy Hey Girl single)
The Diamond Sky (Let Forever Be single)
Studio K (Let Forever Be single)
Freak Of The Week (Music:Response single)
Power Move (Out Of Control single)
Hot Acid Rhytm 1 (It Began In Afrika single)
Base 6 (Star Guitar single)
H.I.A. (Come With Us single & American E.P.)
Nude Night (The Golden Path single)
The Duke (Singles 93-03)
Otter Rock (Singles 93-03)
Delik (Singles 93-03)
Electronic Battle Weapon 7 [Acid Children]
Giant (Believe single)
Spring (Believe single)
Rize Up (Galvanize single)
Swiper (The Boxer single)
Electronic Battle Weapon 9
The Rock Drill (Jacob Epstein sculpture @ Tate Modern)
Silver Drizzle (b-sides vol.1)
Clip Kiss (Do It Again single)
No Need (Do It Again single)
Snooprah (The Salmon Dance single)
Seal (We Are The Night japan edition)
Keep My Composure (Heroes O.S.T.)
Keep My Composure (Brotherhood)
Don't Think (Further deluxe edition)
Pourquoi (Further iTunes USA version)
Theme For Velodrome (London Olympics 2012)
This Is Not A Game (The Hunger Games - Mockingjay PT1 O.S.T.)
Direct Buki (Born In The Echoes japan edition)
Let Us Build A City (Born In The Echoes deluxe edition)
Wo Ha (Born In The Echoes deluxe edition)
Enjoyed (Music Response EP)


Where are Midnight Madness, Get Yourself High, The Golden Path and Dexter's International Scribble Mix?

Quote from: Nils VIP on Aug 26, 2015, 14:18

Dexter's International Scribble Mix.

Good shout! But ultimately it's a remix, which I'm sure we'll get a poll for soon enough. Futureshock's Main Response needs to be appreciated too.

Quote from: Nils VIP on Aug 26, 2015, 14:18

Where are Midnight Madness, Get Yourself High, The Golden Path?

They were excluded because they were released as singles too.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Aug 26, 2015, 14:22

Good shout! But ultimately it's a remix, which I'm sure we'll get a poll for soon enough. Futureshock's Main Response needs to be appreciated too.

They were excluded because they were released as singles too.
Love how it took you less than 4 minutes to shoot him down.

Well, Dexter's Mix is a short dj mix where he spins and mixes the following tunes from the Chems. Hey Boy Hey Girl, Chemical Beats, Come With Us, Setting Sun, These Beats Are Made For Breakin',  Block Rockin'Beats,  Don't Stop The Rock and Elektrobank.

Quote from: Nils VIP on Aug 26, 2015, 14:57

Well, Dexter's Mix is a short dj mix where he spins and mixes the following tunes from the Chems. Hey Boy Hey Girl, Chemical Beats, Come With Us, Setting Sun, These Beats Are Made For Breakin',  Block Rockin'Beats,  Don't Stop The Rock and Elektrobank.
Yeah but it counts as a remix, not an original track

Quote from: Ben_j on Aug 26, 2015, 15:25

Yeah but it counts as a remix, not an original track

Yeah, but Delik is a remix of Life is Sweet and that's on the list too.


Quote from: Enjoyed
Good shout! But ultimately it's a remix
Quote from: Enjoyed
They were excluded because they were released as singles too.
Quote from: Enjoyed
Yeah but it counts as a remix, not an original track
Quote from: Enjoyed on Aug 26, 2015, 15:31
A remix by The Chems.



#TeamDruggy

Prescription Beats
Not Another Drugstore
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

I'm surprised to see Spring with so many votes! I don't think I've ever heard anyone even mention it on the forum before. I'm pretty happy to see it getting some love!
The devil is in the details

Yeah I'm surprised too! Spring is a fantastic track, Marvo Ging's sister, but I didn't know it had so strong of a following!

I'm going to come out and say it: I don't get why Morning Lemon has such a strong following. It's a fun song but it's not mindblowing, just a really good jam like Just Bang is.
Never for money, always for love.

Oh, and I just wanted to point out since the poll is wrong:

The version of Dust Up Beats that appears on Wipeout XL/2097 is actually the rare version that only appears on 50 or so copies of My Mercury Mouth EP. It's a really common misconception.
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Aug 27, 2015, 16:54

The version of Dust Up Beats that appears on Wipeout XL/2097 is actually the rare version that only appears on 50 or so copies of My Mercury Mouth EP. It's a really common misconception.
For sure?

This is the eventualy replaced version =>



And this the wipeout-version =>



Why should they replace the first/older version with the newer one, but then only release about 50 copies?
no idea, no idea

I'm going to make a post about this in Questions. The truth does not make logical sense.
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Aug 27, 2015, 16:54

Oh, and I just wanted to point out since the poll is wrong:

The version of Dust Up Beats that appears on Wipeout XL/2097 is actually the rare version that only appears on 50 or so copies of My Mercury Mouth EP. It's a really common misconception.
Tru Dat.
Mind you, the more common vinyl version (not on Wipeout) is definitely a better track IMO.
No one's put a pic of the game on the "Show me what you've got" thread. Maybe I'll do that...
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Aug 27, 2015, 17:53

Tru Dat.
Mind you, the more common vinyl version (not on Wipeout) is definitely a better track IMO.
No one's put a pic of the game on the "Show me what you've got" thread. Maybe I'll do that...


Sorry, I read this after the little discussion in the "show me what you got" thread.
so just to clearify:
Dust-up-beats (original mix) is the 'common' version but eventually replace by
Dust-up-beats (Wipe Out mix) which newer but only 50 copies were pressed.

I like the Wipe Out mix better whcih was used in their live sets in 1995 or 1997
The original mix sounds like a Fatboy Slim remix of the Wipe Out version IMO

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.