What's this do? Hey Boy

Howard Castle June 26th

Started by shakermaker, May 24, 2022, 21:23

Previous topic - Next topic
I don't want to bog down the general 2022 live shows with too many details of one show, so I figured it could use its own thread.

I'm on the verge of booking travel plans that enable me to attend the Chemical Brothers at Castle Howard on June 26th.

I'd be flying solo, curious if anyone else here is going?

I think I am going to stay in York for the weekend and take the Big Green Coach to and from the show, unless anyone has other advice?

Let's share/discuss thoughts on the show!

Sounds like we're going to have a similar weekend.  8)

Happy to meet up for a pint. There's a small group of us going so feel free to tag along!

I might take you up on that. I'll pm you.

my plans are now pretty set aside from the concert ticket itself. debating between regular or vip. I don't usually go for vip and not yet convinced it amounts to much at this show.

is there an estimate on capacity at this thing?

vip gets tea and crumpets

regular gets spotted dick in a can

Quote from: shakermaker on Jun 01, 2022, 05:43

I might take you up on that. I'll pm you.

my plans are now pretty set aside from the concert ticket itself. debating between regular or vip. I don't usually go for vip and not yet convinced it amounts to much at this show.

is there an estimate on capacity at this thing?

No idea about capacity but it's likely we're going to be outdoors, I imagine. This makes me think that VIP = better bathrooms.

Feel free to reach out--my friends and I are going to be in York from the Saturday to Monday.

Quote from: Bosco on Jun 01, 2022, 06:38

regular gets spotted dick in a can

You'd have to pay me to eat a 'dessert' with raisins in it. And it would cost A LOT more than a VIP ticket.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: MadPooter on Jun 02, 2022, 18:17
No idea about capacity but it's likely we're going to be outdoors, I imagine. This makes me think that VIP = better bathrooms.

oh better bathrooms is always the best thing about VIP. sometimes it's the only good thing.

I noticed a resale VIP ticket for £89 after fees and such. given a regular ticket true cost is £65 it seemed like a bit of a no-brainer.

here we go!

It tells you on Ticketshafter what VIP is:

Quote
Separate fast track entrance
VIP Car parking
Access to the Castle Howard Exclusive VIP area including bespoke bar, food outlets and toilets

Oh and appraently VIP standing. Not really at the front but on the Right.
Yea though I walk through the valley and shadow of death
every day of my life,
I fear no evil for The Lord is with me.

thank you. I had seen that, it seems fairly standard. I was curious about more subjective input from people more familiar with how VIP tends to be at these kinds of events, e.g. is it usually worth it, usually a rip off, etc... but it's a moot point now since I bought VIP. :-) I can always still go in the GA area if it sucks.

well there's now a rail strike planned June 25th, that's sure to complicate some people's travel plans, including my own.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-61634959

Quote from: shakermaker on Jun 09, 2022, 02:00

well there's now a rail strike planned June 25th, that's sure to complicate some people's travel plans, including my own.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-61634959


Yep there is going to be a large rail strike and to top it off Big Green Bus has sold out from York so have no idea how me and my partner can get there and back as we do not drive, it is not the easiest place to get to 😭

For all of those headed to this show, feel free to DM me.

Also, my discord handle is DrAwesome#0896

Let's cross our fingers that any snags in transportation get ironed out.

yes good luck to all. I'm determined to make it one way or another. will pm you MP.

also fingers crossed for the weather. looks likely to rain. (forecast currently predict a break in the rain Sunday evening, but I'm skeptical of the precision.)


It's happening!

Happy to confirm that we plan to go ahead with tomorrow's concert at Castle Howard. Thanks for all of your patience and understanding in these unpredictable times. We'll see you there!  - Tom & Ed  🏰 ❤️

#chemicalbrotherslive


Just arrived at Castle Howard Lakeside Campsite.  8)

Quote from: Mrdmus on Jun 25, 2022, 08:26

It's happening!

Happy to confirm that we plan to go ahead with tomorrow's concert at Castle Howard. Thanks for all of your patience and understanding in these unpredictable times. We'll see you there!  - Tom & Ed  🏰 ❤️

#chemicalbrotherslive

It's ON!!

I'm so thrilled the show will go on for you guys!!

It's going to be magical!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

well I landed to that fantastic news today. I then managed to make it to York earlier than planned, without any airport chaos, and even with the rail strike. I arrived to gorgeous fucking weather and there's no longer any rain forecast for tomorrow.

it's so on!!

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.