Where Do I Begin?

2023/08/26 Rock en Seine [France]

Started by ThePumisher, Jan 24, 2023, 12:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Great lineup
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

The live will apparently be broadcasted on France.tv. I think it's restricted to France but a VPN should have you sorted. And you need to create an account in order to watch.

Please, someone tech-savvy try to rip the stream. I'm gonna see with today's stream how I can rip it, and I'll try and do it remotely tomorrow but in case something goes wrong, it would be nice to have a backup. (and I don't think there will be a replay)

EDIT: turns out yt-dlp supports downloading from france.tv ! So that's the best option here

I think the broadcast was cancelled, they're not on the schedule for day 2 anymore :(
https://bit.ly/RES23-Jour2

I looked at the broadcast yesterday (it was accessible from Austria without a VPN, btw) and Placebo also wasn't on the schedule. Maybe they don't stream the big headliners?

After looking through all the Storys the Chems posted on their Insta i have to ask: am i the only one who get a lot of videos without audio? Also, all the ones without audio aren't linked to the original publisher (when you click on a quoted story you'll normaly get a link to the original posting which on my mentioned postings isn't the case)
no idea, no idea

A lot of the stories are without sound for me, too.


^ Anything new since May (Mallorca Live) when they debuted Live Again and Goodbye?
Any thoughts on Goodbye live? Am I the only one who thought the visuals looked like they'd been pinched from a Hallmark infomercial?
Actually looking at Setlist FM, Goodbye isn't even listed..?
The lights at the very end of the show look kinda cool.
EDIT: Oh Star Guitar sounds different.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Aug 28, 2023, 12:14
Any thoughts on Goodbye live? Am I the only one who thought the visuals looked like they'd been pinched from a Hallmark infomercial?

I think that visuals fit it pretty good, but it feels quite short, just like the fragment of the full composition, without the intro and outro section, still can't wait to hear the full album mix, as it sounds massive 
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Aug 28, 2023, 12:14
^ Anything new since May (Mallorca Live) when they debuted Live Again and Goodbye?
Any thoughts on Goodbye live? Am I the only one who thought the visuals looked like they'd been pinched from a Hallmark infomercial?
Actually looking at Setlist FM, Goodbye isn't even listed..?
The lights at the very end of the show look kinda cool.
EDIT: Oh Star Guitar sounds different.


It felt very short, I hope the album version is more developed

There's a full set on YT, but the limiting is like a 30db dive-bomb on every beat. Nonetheless, I'm proud of the Rock en Seine peeps for getting videos.
Even thought the set list right now is pretty similar to what it's been, the tracks themselves sound awesome, lots of crazy effects and good changes!

Quote from: Biff on Aug 30, 2023, 15:58
There's a full set on YT, but the limiting is like a 30db dive-bomb on every beat. Nonetheless, I'm proud of the Rock en Seine peeps for getting videos.
Even thought the set list right now is pretty similar to what it's been, the tracks themselves sound awesome, lots of crazy effects and good changes!
Just found that, still useful to watch from home.
Tell you what though, they still need to repitch the vocals for Believe. They're a semi-tone out from Saturate 

So, after one month, they finally decided to put a video online ! It's just 20 minutes (No Reason, HBHG, Eve of Destruction, Feel Like I'm Dreaming), but it's better than nothing. And the editing is quite good !

Link

You probably can't watch this without being with a French VPN, and you have to register to view it, too.

Bonus points: during the show, there was a cameraman right behind me. And sure enough, at the end of HBHG, here I am ! (Shooting this video
Spoiler
)


How was the atmosphere/crowd there, Benj?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Ben_j on Sep 25, 2023, 22:32
You probably can't watch this without being with a French VPN, and you have to register to view it, too

Any chance you download it for us? From german "Öffentlich-Rechtliche" TV stations (including the german/french station Arte) you can easily download with jDownloader. That also works with content from BBC as long as you are inside the UK.
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Sep 26, 2023, 15:15
Any chance you download it for us? From german "Öffentlich-Rechtliche" TV stations (including the german/french station Arte) you can easily download with jDownloader. That also works with content from BBC as long as you are inside the UK.
It doesn't work.
The streaming uses XHR and dash files being downloaded in my Chrome console. Found some topics how to download it, but I don't see any IS.MP4 file.

For anyone who wants to download it, yt-dlp works, although you'll probably still need a VPN.

For anyone else, here you go
Spoiler
Last Edit: Sep 27, 2023, 09:54 by Ben_j

Someone's recorded the whole show in two parts. Audio is not perfect though.

Pt 1

Pt 2
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)


0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.