Let Your Heart See the Colours All Around You

2023/04/16 - Live at Santa Barbara Bowl

Started by rynostar, Feb 14, 2023, 19:11

Previous topic - Next topic
@shakermaker
@Biff

Me and Whirls want to meet up you guys at the venue before the shows starts! Hit us up here or on my FB or insta of the same name!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Biff's other half and I have been chatting :) We will all be in touch! Cannot wait!!!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Have a ton of fun tonight. Crossing my fingers for a dazzling encore.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I cannot be more excited. I've missed you guys. It'll be fun that this will by my son's first concert, we missed a few we had tickets to due whatever thing was spreading around. He's gonna see this show and everything after will just be crap (until he sees the chems again).

So excited for you and your son, Biff! And for everyone else going tonight, enjoy!!

Quote from: Biff on Apr 16, 2023, 17:01
I cannot be more excited. I've missed you guys. It'll be fun that this will by my son's first concert, we missed a few we had tickets to due whatever thing was spreading around. He's gonna see this show and everything after will just be crap (until he sees the chems again).
It has been a minute since I've seen you and the fam!! So excited to see you after all these years. See you all TONIGHT!!!

Cant wait to see all of you there! Gonna power nap for now! 

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Apr 16, 2023, 18:32
Cant wait to see all of you there! Gonna power nap for now!
Update us please!!! (Tell us about the encore too if there is one!)
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Have ball at the Bowl siblings, sisters, and brothers! Mind you, you're all probably meeting right now.

@whirlygirl, remember to tell Errol we're coming. Also, find out what the catering is and let us know if it's Jerk Chicken.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Oh my god that was incredible!! So many highlights are tumbling in my brain right now... what a night! And that gorgeous Snowy Psychedelic Reel of an encore brought a tear to my eye. Oh my god.

Quote from: whirlygirl on Apr 17, 2023, 07:12
Oh my god that was incredible!! So many highlights are tumbling in my brain right now... what a night! And that gorgeous Snowy Psychedelic Reel of an encore brought a tear to my eye. Oh my god.

snowy as in snow/surface to air snowy?  ;D

VERY GLAD YOU HAD FUN THOUGH!!!
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

I've seen a lot of visuals on Insta that i haven't seen at the Coachella stream. Except for the obvious Reel, did you peeps get Snow/Surface? Because visuals told me so
no idea, no idea

What was the encore? Just ppr? Interested to know if they've kept glint/catch me in the encore 
The music gets louder, the lights swirl faster and the chap who freaks out just hasn't passed the acid test. A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is

Sounds like Snow Surface to Reel, no?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Spoiler

:o
It's even the
Spoiler
iTunes festival
version!!!  ::Y
— Aurora (The Seed)

Spoiler

vocals from TDTYF played at the beginning of the Reel! (video of that soon)

Excellent show last night! The set was the same but some minor differences I noticed from the Portola set sound wise! The venue was spacious and big, but no side screens for the visuals (not a deal breaker) I noticed a new way they put up the robots...upper body first, then hoist them up, then attach the legs, then hoist the whole robot!

Lot of friendly guests we bumped into as they told their story how they got into the Chems music!
We were near the railing on the right side and we got a great chunk of sound that was so good that I forgot to use my earplugs.

From the looks of it, it was pretty much sold out!

I kind of got there late but arrived around 7ish, and caught the warm up DJ for a while. I parked right next to Whirls and Stash in the pit( we couldn't get a hold of Shakermaker but I'm sure he was rocking it out in the pit) for the whole show, then met up with Biff ( this guy hasn't aged at all!) at the end of the show and all 4 of us chatted to the late hours. I love you all tonight and thanks for being there at the shows with me after all these years.

Team Chemical Santa Barbara represented tonight, and I felt that this was show was similar to the Hollywood Bowl show, but with better audience participation (Cheers, yelling, screaming the lyrics, etc)

Will have more as soon as I wake up later today!

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Apr 17, 2023, 11:07
but no side screens for the visuals (not a deal breaker)
But then you haven't seen the No Reason guys playing the HBHG-drums on their drums
no idea, no idea