Did You Know That We Can Go to Japan?

All Of A Sudden

Started by gfa2001, Apr 27, 2023, 15:49

Previous topic - Next topic
Solid track in my opinion. Nothing too fancy, but it works quite well. I don't know why, but also, it gives me some EBW 9 vibes

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Apr 28, 2023, 20:00
Heh, I was getting ready to go to the dentist this morning when I wrote that - and I knew it wasn't going to be a good visit because my tooth was hurting (no, I don't want to discuss how it went). So my 8am approach wasn't the most subtle.

Having said that, I thought you Germans liked a bit of efficiency. And my sentence couldn't have been much more efficient in conveying its message. Not that I'm trying to stereotype you Csar*. Croatians (or one of them) on the other hand, might be displeased with me...

*yes, yes I am trying to stereotype you. I am a bad man.
This one does not mind.
Last Edit: May 08, 2023, 08:08 by Csar
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Quote from: Nekcore on Apr 29, 2023, 06:07
it gives me some EBW 9 vibes
oh most definitely. When I first heard clips of this track from some of the DJ sets, I just assumed it was EBW 9. Then again, I wasn't a huge fan of EBW 9, and really haven't revisited it until now to see how similar it is to 'All of Sudden'. Turns out they're pretty different, but I can hear how there is a correlation. 

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Apr 28, 2023, 20:00
Not that I'm trying to stereotype you Csar*
So, how did your dentist appointment go?

We're also direct and annoyingly blunt and ignorant
Last Edit: May 08, 2023, 07:59 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

^ When we heard the first brief insta clip in 2021, and before we knew if it was actually Chemical, my hunch was that it probably was Chemical because the synth reminded me of another EBW - see below. It still kinda does (see also 2:28 in the above AOAS video). Just me?

Or the bit around 7:12 here

PS: I won't hear a word against EBW9 or WEP. I love those excursions into "underground" territory. If everything sounded as pop-y as TDTYF I would be v sad.
Last Edit: Apr 29, 2023, 13:02 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Apr 29, 2023, 11:53
EBW9 or WEP. I love those excursions into "underground" territory. If everything sounded as pop-y as TDTYF I would be v sad.
Fair enough. 

And I think TDTYF is a beautifully conceptualized track, even if a bit more accessible than normal.

Solid Track! It makes you feel instantly teleported to a club rave.

That the Chems manage to create a wide variety of music, from underground stompers to psychedelic anthems to mellow pop tracks is probably one of the reasons why they manage to remain interesting, even after 30 years.

It's like if The Rock Drill and Clip Kiss had a baby.

I'm diggin' it!
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Apr 29, 2023, 22:08
It's like if The Rock Drill and Clip Kiss had a baby.

I'm diggin' it!
Both The Rock Drill and Clip Kiss are 16 years and are of legal age of consent in many places...

Still think this is a banger. Agree with the underground b-side sentiment above. Feel like this "might" be playable at Berghain.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Sometimes the bros are an enigma to me. I mean, they're happy to release this rather underdeveloped track but aren't happy to release either one of these:

Track from the Warehouse Project 2013 (This melody!! Damn, it's been 10 years already!!)

Problem/Question (my gosh, that 8 bit melody alone. Damn, it's been even 17 years by now!!!!!)

Heck, I would even be fine with them being unfinished if I could eventually listen to them in some proper audio quality! Just one time, pleeeease!!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

@Csar 

I understand your disappointment, but I mean, ultimately Tom and Ed choose what they want to release.

You/we need to consider that some of these ancient and unfinished tracks that have been caught on video by fans/clubbers, weren't really meant to be heard by anyone other than the audience that showed up for that night. I think it's a bit unfair to take small glimpses of potentially unreleased material (beloved bits included) and determine what is worthy of releasing or not.

Anyways, AOAS is a B-side. With that fact, there's not a whole lot to get upset about. And if you want me to take this a step further, I'm not a huge fan of the A-side either. Still not a call for concern in my mind.

Quote from: Bosco on Apr 30, 2023, 23:49
. I think it's a bit unfair to take small glimpses of potentially unreleased material (beloved bits included) and determine what is worthy of releasing or not.
You are of course right and I certainly would never dare to tell them what to do or not to do, but this just popped into my head knowing what's still lying behind their sofa somewhere.

Quote from: Bosco on Apr 30, 2023, 23:49
weren't really meant to be heard by anyone other than the audience that showed up for that night.
I believe the Bros were at least confident enough to give Erol Alkan and Fake Blood a copy of Problem/Question, perhaps with strings attached, I don't know.
— Aurora (The Seed)

but they can't release problem / question..if they did that, how would we keep dreaming about it forever..?
Eight or over.

Superflash!
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

Waiting nearly half of the track's lenght to hear the titular sample is kinda killing me, but the track itself is a really nice ebw-worthy techno-ish banger B) 
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: ThePumisher on Mar 11, 2023, 00:05
Two parallel threads about the same song. Can we merge them and change keep the topic title to just "No Reason  All Of A Sudden" because of my inner Monk?

Last Edit: May 08, 2023, 08:01 by Csar
no idea, no idea

Have to say i'd listen to AOAS twice as much as i listen to the a-side.
no idea, no idea

I like when the Brothers put out instrumentals as compared to the frequent pop & indie collaborations designed to make songs sound more radio friendly. I mean, I enjoy both styles, and I loved No Geography, but you wouldn't hear me complaining if we got an 2023-style album in the template of Exit Planet Dust where the beats and instrumentals are the focus over the vocals. And both this and No Reason give that vibe, so no complaints from me.

For this track, it's fine, but I prefer Work Energy Principle.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Quote from: satur8 on Jun 01, 2023, 14:43
I like when the Brothers put out instrumentals as compared to the frequent pop & indie collaborations designed to make songs sound more radio friendly. I mean, I enjoy both styles, and I loved No Geography, but you wouldn't hear me complaining if we got an 2023-style album in the template of Exit Planet Dust where the beats and instrumentals are the focus over the vocals. And both this and No Reason give that vibe, so no complaints from me.

For this track, it's fine, but I prefer Work Energy Principle.
I would say No Reason is far more vocal focused than All of a Sudden surely?
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

Quote from: gfa2001 on Jun 02, 2023, 10:08
I would say No Reason is far more vocal focused than All of a Sudden surely?

Oh yes, I agree. But IMO, it is definitely heavier on the dancefloor vibe than the top 40 feel of a radio single, if you know what I mean.

I certainly could have worded my thoughts differently.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?