Got Glint?

All Of A Sudden

Started by gfa2001, Apr 27, 2023, 15:49

Previous topic - Next topic
Thought i'd start a thread for this given its out at midnight local time.
Last Edit: Jun 28, 2023, 22:33 by Csar Reason: Added SEO description
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

I'm super excited to hear this!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Aw man! Sad face over here! I guess I just gotta be patient!

Please log in to view this attachment.

It's not yet Friday on your end.

I wouldn't lose sleep over it, though, tbh.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Just dropped on Spotify.

Holy shit it's a banger.

Listen to it loud.
Last Edit: May 08, 2023, 07:56 by Csar
The music gets louder, the lights swirl faster and the chap who freaks out just hasn't passed the acid test. A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is

Happy face here. Liking this. I can think of several Chems albums that have tracks less enjoyable than this.

A bit more vocals might make this more of an "A grade" track. The vocal sounds like it's been chopped/edited from something else. A vocal recorded for the Chems...or nah?

The track really gets going around 1:58 when the extra percussion (shaker?) sound comes in. Feels very dancable.
The sound that I previously thought was claps is not claps. It sounds like one of those bird sound presets on old synths from the late 80s/early 90s. I think. But I could be wrong.
It's noticably longer than its A-side partner, and feels like a "having fun with a synth in the studio" kinda thing.
Last Edit: Apr 27, 2023, 23:46 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Well... I can see it as a filler in a DJ set and maybe that's all it's supposed to do. It's got some nice sound effects here and there but other than that.. This feels more like RAR jamming session track than a Chems production. First time I skipped through a Chems track..
— Aurora (The Seed)

Can't help but love the backwards bits. Been a fan of the chems doing that since Surrender. 

For me, it's a typical B-Side Track. It sounds great.

I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

There's already a thread in the Xdust12 section
Last Edit: May 08, 2023, 07:57 by Csar
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Csar on Apr 27, 2023, 23:32
Well... I can see it as a filler in a DJ set and maybe that's all it's supposed to do. It's got some nice sound effects here and there but other than that.. This feels more like RAR jamming session track than a Chems production. First time I skipped through a Chems track..
bold is bang on - it did sound great in the DJ sets.
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

Taking me back to the printworks!

RIP Printworks 
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

I enjoy this. Only listened in full once so far and my first impression is it does feel a bit like a loop and does have a late-night studio jam session feel as well, as others pointed out. Going back to the vids posted with this track, can see why it is a recipe for success out on the dance floor! It's a solid b-side and good companion to No Reason.  I didn't get a battle weapons grade vibe from this (maybe I was weirdly expecting that??) but still solid and clean nonetheless. Agree with the comment about the backwards sounding bits!! I think there will be plenty to discover with more listens for sure. 

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Apr 28, 2023, 08:12
There's already a thread in the Xdust12 section

Last Edit: May 08, 2023, 07:58 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)

I thought the intro sounded pretty promising. It gave me that tingling feeling like something good was around the corner... but kinda left a bit disappointed.

It's definitely a b-side, and one I won't mind listening to again. I don't deny its energy, however Chems are able to harness energetic tracks and make an adventure out of them, and this isn't one of them, imo.

better than Work Energy Principle by a million miles

Quote from: Csar on Apr 28, 2023, 17:46

Heh, I was getting ready to go to the dentist this morning when I wrote that - and I knew it wasn't going to be a good visit because my tooth was hurting (no, I don't want to discuss how it went). So my 8am approach wasn't the most subtle.

Having said that, I thought you Germans liked a bit of efficiency. And my sentence couldn't have been much more efficient in conveying its message. Not that I'm trying to stereotype you Csar*. Croatians (or one of them) on the other hand, might be displeased with me...

*yes, yes I am trying to stereotype you. I am a bad man.
Last Edit: May 08, 2023, 07:58 by Csar
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Apr 27, 2023, 23:21
A bit more vocals might make this more of an "A grade" track. The vocal sounds like it's been chopped/edited from something else. A vocal recorded for the Chems...or nah?
I agree! its a great track for its simplicity, but more vocals could've raised it up a bit if it was more scattered on the track. 

Overall, its really a clubish stomper. It has some weight and doesn't feel repetitive. Like Bosco said, way better than WEP!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.