I Wanna Go Where No One Goes

2023/11/19 - Corona Capital, México

Started by nekoland, Jun 05, 2023, 21:09

Previous topic - Next topic

[keanu woah gif]

That lineup is insanely good. Extremely tempting even w/out Chems. 

The conflicts will be soul crushing.

not bad, not bad.

if I weren't already seeing Pulp and Blur in europe this month I would be seriously considering this.

North American show right after the UK leg. Mexico needed the makeup after the 2020 cancellation. Good for them.

But does this mean more shows for either North or South America in the late-November / early-December timeframe? Makes me also wonder if they will do a Australia / NZ in the Southern Summer time festival season or an Asia leg.  
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

That lineup is absurd.

I wonder if the headliners clash or not
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

I think they will come to South America (I'm praying to all the gods). One week after Corona Capital, Primavera Sound Buenos Aires begins.  There are also festivals in Chile, Brazil, Paraguay and Colombia (Is it possible that they repeat?). All in November/December.

Quote from: rynostar on Jun 05, 2023, 22:02
North American show right after the UK leg. Mexico needed the makeup after the 2020 cancellation. Good for them.

But does this mean more shows for either North or South America in the late-November / early-December timeframe? Makes me also wonder if they will do a Australia / NZ in the Southern Summer time festival season or an Asia leg. 

Last time they played the fest in 2018, it was a one-off regarding the Americas.

They did play Guadalajara Corona Capital the following May(2019). So that might be something to chew on as a repeat possibility.

besides being in the continent there are work visas to deal with. mexico one-offs tend to happen because it's a easier to secure the needed visas; making a quick jaunt next door is not always simple.

that said, they have US visas already from earlier this year, which perhaps have not expired yet...

that said I hope the speculation about South American dates is true. we've had two stateside appearances recently, and SA usually gets neglected way more than us. I hope their time is coming.

Quote from: nekoland on Jun 05, 2023, 23:19
I think they will come to South America (I'm praying to all the gods). One week after Corona Capital, Primavera Sound Buenos Aires begins.  There are also festivals in Chile, Brazil, Paraguay and Colombia (Is it possible that they repeat?). All in November/December.
Well, most of the lineups from the November and December festivals in South America came out. The Brothers are not in them. So probably after Mexico they will go to the USA...?

Quote from: nekoland on Jun 22, 2023, 15:57
Well, most of the lineups from the November and December festivals in South America came out. The Brothers are not in them. So probably after Mexico they will go to the USA...?

Speaking for the USA peeps...

We hope, but I don't think it's likely. There isn't many compatible USA festivals for this year with lineups yet to be announced. So unless there is an unforeseen non-festival tour in the future, I would say USA has to wait until late summer (August/September) 2024. This is when majority of the electronic music festivals, which have the possibility of booking The Chemical Brothers, take place across the states.

I've never been to Corona Capital, but this lineup is a bit of bucket-list buster for non-europeans. A bunch of quality and relatively rare live acts on that lineup. Should give it some extra thought if you're on the fence.
Last Edit: Jul 29, 2023, 03:34 by Bosco

This is my first time posting.  I've only seen CB once in NYC 2019.  Dying to see them again.  Has anyone been to the Corona Festival?  It seems like the best bang for your buck with the lineup.  How long do they usually play at festivals?  Would it be better to go to one of the UK dates and see a full show?  I've never travelled internationally for a show.  Any advice or recommendations on how to book, what the locations are like, etc. would be very much appreciated!

Quote from: MarilynG on Jul 28, 2023, 20:00
This is my first time posting.  I've only seen CB once in NYC 2019.  Dying to see them again.  Has anyone been to the Corona Festival?  It seems like the best bang for your buck with the lineup.  How long do they usually play at festivals?  Would it be better to go to one of the UK dates and see a full show?  I've never travelled internationally for a show.  Any advice or recommendations on how to book, what the locations are like, etc. would be very much appreciated!
A couple of forum members went in 2018 when the Chems last played. Here is the topic:

https://forum.thechembase.com/index.php/topic,1127.0.html

They'll probably play a 1.5 hour set for the festival (as per usual for festival sets), and the UK shows will get close to ~2 hours, including encore (but no guarantee).

Welcome by the way. We'd love to hear about your journey and experiences for whatever show you should choose.

Quote from: MarilynG on Jul 28, 2023, 20:00
welcome! I love that passion and encourage you to follow it. I find traveling for a concert to be a great reason to explore some place new. both mexico and england are great fun to visit. I can't speak to the corona festival, having not been, but I think whatever you choose you'll have an amazing time. I guess one factor to consider is whether you care about the other bands playing corona. it's an amazing lineup.

Traveling for a concert is fantastic, I've done it multiple times, though only within Europe.
If you want to see just the Chems, I'd suggest the venue dates in UK (longer shows and the ticket price should be better, if you compare it to a festival pass for just one act). Since they're doing a tour in the UK, you could even catch multiple shows and combine that with traveling around the country (even if it's one show, since you're already traveling, why not take a longer vacation and see something of the world?)
The UK is a great place to visit, I myself have tickets for Glasgow and London and will be traveling around Scotland in between.

Festivals are of course great when there are multiple acts you'd like to see. I'm sure Mexico is also great to visit :)

The Chems stand-alone gigs are about ten to 15 minutes longer than their festival gigs.
Is it worth travelling across the Atlantic (and burning carbon) for that? Do you want to follow them around their (expensive) UK dates to see them do the same set every night?

This Seattle gig is -I think- the most recent time they played an encore (indoor venue). So it's just tracks 19 & 20 that were extra. Chems festival sets are usually 90 minutes

I look at the lineup for that Corona Capital festival and I see a LOT of good stuff!
I would be much more excited about seeing...
The Chems PLUS
Arcade Fire
Pulp
Fleet Foxes
Hot Chip
Blur
The Black Keys
Jungle
Nation Of Language
The Cure
Pet Shop Boys
Breeders
Goose
Ladytron
Noel Gallagher

...than I would be about flying from the US to the UK just to see one act play a slightly longer set.
But I don't know what your music taste is MarilynG.

*bold ones on the same day as the Chems if you're just doing one day.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jul 29, 2023, 23:23
...than I would be about flying from the US to the UK just to see one act play a slightly longer set.
But I don't know what your music taste is MarilynG.

Right, but does Corona Capitol have Hula Hoops and Jaffa Cakes?
And Honey Nut Shredded Wheat?!?
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jul 30, 2023, 01:16
Right, but does Corona Capitol have Hula Hoops and Jaffa Cakes?
And Honey Nut Shredded Wheat?!?

niche British snacks < Mexican street food

Quote from: Bosco on Jul 30, 2023, 02:19

niche British snacks < Mexican street food
Fair.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jul 29, 2023, 23:23
Is it worth travelling across the Atlantic (and burning carbon) for that?
fun fact - Mexico City and London are a similar travel time by plane from NYC.

I'm assuming MarilynG is near there, based on the location of her first/last Chems gig.