chemdup

I am

InChemWeTrust

I am

Instantreigen

I am

Enjoyed

The New Book By The Chemical Brothers

The book, Paused in Cosmic Reflection, will be published on October 28 by White Rabbit/ Orion Publishing Group as a retrospective of their 30-year-career, told in the voices of Rowlands and Simons as well as studio collaborators, artists, stage show designers, and friends. It was written by the duo with their longtime press officer Robin Turner, who also wrote Believe in Magic: The First Thirty Years of Heavenly Recordings and, announces the publicity, "collates hundreds of hours of interviews into a kaleidoscopic history of the band and of the burgeoning electronic scene they grew up in."

Examining the group's creative process and the world created through their cutting-edge music, Paused in Cosmic Reflection is a unique insight into their history, from early years in Manchester through the creation of landmark singles and albums and the emergence of their huge and globally admired live show.
The book will feature contributions from Noel Gallagher, Beck, Aurora, Beth Orton, Michel Gondry, Wayne Coyne, Adam Smith (the designer of the unique video elements in their live shows), Erol Alkan, sleeve artist Kate Gibb, and many more. It's fully illustrated with photography and design work from the group's archives, much of which is previously unseen.

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/news/chemical-brothers-live-again-track-first-book

PRE-ORDER HERE:
https://geni.us/CosmicReflection

I'm assuming this will be released near the same time as the new album! I also believe that maybe the book might be bundled with the new album as an option!

Maybe an audiobook version too?

This book is gonna be hugh! Tons of pictures and stories from back in the day. Mind blown!
Last Edit: Apr 20, 2024, 20:02 by Csar Reason: added SEO info
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Holy crap! Order the LE White Rabbit edition and get A 7 INCH VERSION OF SUPERFLASH! HOLY SHIT!
Last Edit: Jun 28, 2023, 10:11 by inchemwetrust

Just pre-ordered the deluxe edition :o

Dont tell my wife
Live:Point Depot Dublin 1999 Creamfields Ireland 2001 Witness Festival 2002  Marlay Park Dublin 2005 Electric Picnic 2007 Longitude Dublin 2015 Alexandra Palace 2018 3Arena Dublin 2018 Musgrave Park Cork 2023 3Arena Dublin 2023
DJ: Printworks 2022

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jun 28, 2023, 09:36
Holy crap! Order the LE edition and get A 7 INCH VERSION OF SUPERFLASH! HOLY SHIT!
I THOUGHT THAT WAS A JOKE BUT HOLY SHIT

Preordered the white rabbit version. Hopefully the 7" isn't just the live version from Don't Think
no idea, no idea

Well it says previously unreleased

I'm really tempted to pre-order it but what would I do with a vinyl

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jun 28, 2023, 09:51
Preordered the white rabbit version. Hopefully the 7" isn't just the live version from Don't Think
Imo the best version they played was from that gig in Mexico years back! I can't even find it anymore on YT

Got my copy! It's gonna be a long October for my White Rabbit edition to arrive.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jun 28, 2023, 10:10
Imo the best version they played was from that gig in Mexico years back! I can't even find it anymore on YT

Got my copy! It's gonna be a long October for my White Rabbit edition to arrive.
Perhaps this one?

On the book: Man, what were the odds they would go with my most favorite artwork, the two-faced lady from the Stars?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jun 28, 2023, 10:17
Perhaps this one?

On the book: Man, what were the odds they would go with my most favorite artwork, the two-faced lady from the Stars?
As soon as I saw that SG artwork, my eyes  :o

I saw that vid you posted! But It was a version before that vid came out. EDIT: Found it!

Actually I gotta calm down for a bit. I have no idea of what version of SF were gonna get with this book. Gotta keep my expectations in check!

Damn, gonna need to get a nice coffee table for this book. Glad there'll be something more up to date than my unauthorized "Life is Sweet" book from 1998.

And I thought I was only waking up 2 hours before the crack of dawn for just a new track.🤯

must... resist... urge to impulsively purchase

aaaargh

Wow wow wow!! This is so beautiful! The artwork, the whole whole package - can't wait to see the goodies on the inside and take a trip through time with the Chems! 
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Just dropped hundreds on a book and the new album variants still haven't been announced yet.... looking for a second job as we speak  :D

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jun 28, 2023, 10:10
It's gonna be a long October for my White Rabbit edition to arrive.
or a very long Octvember if it runs into production delays.

ohh god, that white rabbit edition looks amazing! i'm very hyped for this, i love this kind of books. I hope that in a couple of years there will be a spanish version but meanwhile I'll pre ordering one of it

I've impulse ordered the white rabbit deluxe edition and will think about the fact I've just dropped 130£ on a book later... ::krazy

Had to be though done with that Superflash 7" - can't believe it's finally been pressed! What a nice looking package!

Studio poster sold me over, gonna count patch cables when I'm bored working.

Damn impulse buys....

But that's a heck of a package. Means another print that I'll need framed for my place (still need to do the No reason print).

I also first read the title as "Paused in Comic Relief". Wasn't expecting Tom and Ed to do a Red Nose Day initiative.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Ouch. £100 extra charge for a 7" single (Art print, stickers & poster is just merch crap and I couldn't care less about the clamshell box). And perhaps I'll be stupid enough to buy that :(