Surrender to the Void

Goodbye (Big Beat Space Gospel)

Started by Csar, Jul 19, 2023, 13:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Which one will be Big Beat Space Gospel?

4. Goodbye
24 (96%)
5. Fountains
0 (0%)
6. Magic Wand
1 (4%)
7. The Weight
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Yeah, which one will it be?

I'm opting for "Goodbye".
Last Edit: Jan 22, 2024, 13:41 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Track length and samples clearly point to "Goodbye"

He literally sings "when we say Goodbye..." Gotta be!
I'm wondering if there may be an EBW version of this track.
The track length for the album version (5:50) appears shorter than the Ibiza Instagram clip.
I realise it could have just changed since then. But I think a 7+ minute version of this would make a good EBW.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Now that you say it, I can also make out the words!

I think that the they're using a DJ edit in this video and also, I suspect that the Jesse Jackson sample won't be on the album version.

5:50 is shorter that the DJ version, but I think longer than the live version (which is usually the case with most songs they play live)

After their live show premier of that track I've got a bit of an Angst that they might have fiddled with the great drum fills from that Insta video. They sounded tamer live.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

@mesamm99  pointed this out in a different thread, but if you have Apple Music, you may want to listen to the album version of No Reason for a VERY good clue...
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Quote from: satur8 on Jul 21, 2023, 12:41
@mesamm99  pointed this out in a different thread, but if you have Apple Music, you may want to listen to the album version of No Reason for a VERY good clue...
I think you're telling us that there's some Jesse Jackson (or some familiar intro beats/chords) in the segue between No Reason and Goodbye.

I guess if someone with Apple Music wants to do a real-time recording, that might be handy for the rest of us...
Last Edit: Jul 21, 2023, 16:45 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I cannot imagine that if the sample indeed stayed in the studio version, the cut between No Reason and Goodbye is such that any vocal sample is separated.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jul 21, 2023, 15:26
I think you're telling us that there's some Jesse Jackson (or some familiar intro beats/chords) in the segue between No Reason and Goodbye.
Quote from: Stefan on Jul 21, 2023, 15:52
I cannot imagine that if the sample indeed stayed in the studio version, the cut between No Reason and Goodbye is such that any vocal sample is separated.
SPOILER
Spoiler
It's just the beginning of a beats transition, but I think 100% of those polled above guessed the name correctly.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

It's confirmed to be "goodbye" 

It doesn't have the Jessie Jackson sermon vocal sample, that was just a dj edit they did. 
The music gets louder, the lights swirl faster and the chap who freaks out just hasn't passed the acid test. A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is

Quote from: chemdup on Jul 21, 2023, 22:04
It's confirmed to be "goodbye"

It doesn't have the Jessie Jackson sermon vocal sample, that was just a dj edit they did.

:Kry  :Argh  ::yell  :'(  >:(
— Aurora (The Seed)

I'm sure it will still be an amazing song.

I'm still incredibly excited for it, but the Jesse Jackson vocal was the meat to the track, my favorite part! I wonder what will make up the rest of the time then, as it is a pretty long track.

I was so convinced it would be in the track, especially when Ed posted the clips from the Glatso spider with a quote from it!
GOODBYE, AND THANKS TO ALL OF YOU

lyric source spoiler
Spoiler
Interpolation. Jump to 1 minute mark to get to some recognizable lyrics:

So that^ is the b-side of a 7",  and I bet the a-side might have been the original thing that caught their attention.  The a-side is titled UFO and has a great sci-fi effect intro that is soooo Tom

also, very pertinent track, as per wolkenkrabber's recent post in WTF thread

Last Edit: Jul 27, 2023, 05:23 by Bosco

Quote from: Bosco on Jul 27, 2023, 05:04
lyric source spoiler
Spoiler

So that^ is the b-side of a 7",  and I bet the a-side might have been the original thing that caught their attention.  The a-side is titled UFO and has a great sci-fi effect intro that is soooo Tom

Spoiler
Spoiler
I felt that it might be a sample, or another good interpolation.
Another really good flip
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: Bosco on Jul 27, 2023, 05:04
lyric source spoiler
Spoiler

That UFO intro sounds familiar too. Didn't they use it in a mix?

Email just went out with the Soundcloud clip.

https://soundcloud.com/thechemicalbrothers/goodbye-snippet/s-Dw0Gp39MrlZ?si
(Ryno struggling again with embeds...)

That bass line packs a punch. We likely can update the topic name now.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: rynostar on Sep 06, 2023, 18:27
Email just went out with the Soundcloud clip.

https://soundcloud.com/thechemicalbrothers/goodbye-snippet/s-Dw0Gp39MrlZ?si
(Ryno struggling again with embeds...)

That bass line packs a punch. We likely can update the topic name now.
Right, now this sounds beyond Awesome!!

Sounds like this will have a monumental beat.

Quote from: rynostar on Sep 06, 2023, 18:27
We likely can update the topic name now.
RIP the name Big Beat Space Gospel.

Quote from: LLG on Sep 06, 2023, 19:04
RIP the name Big Beat Space Gospel.

Goodbye (Big Beat Space Gospel)

The SoundCloud snippet's end time was quite the strategic edging.