Listen to Your Heart

Goodbye (Big Beat Space Gospel)

Started by Csar, Jul 19, 2023, 13:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Which one will be Big Beat Space Gospel?

4. Goodbye
24 (96%)
5. Fountains
0 (0%)
6. Magic Wand
1 (4%)
7. The Weight
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Quick review:

As much as I really like this one (instrumental is just dope, for real!) It's once again the case where it's pretty much a separate track using the same sample.
Also is it only me, or initial sample should begin a few bars later?
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

The DJ_Seinfeld remix is okay, but not really something I will seek or play. In my opinion, unlike Erol's mix, this one loses the vibe that makes the original special.

Quote from: 𝒥𝑅𝒮𝒵 on Dec 01, 2023, 09:57
As much as I really like this one (instrumental is just dope, for real!) It's once again the case where it's pretty much a separate track using the same sample.

JRSZ - You summed it up perfectly!

Quote from: 𝒥𝑅𝒮𝒵 on Dec 01, 2023, 09:57
Also is it only me, or initial sample should begin a few bars later?

YES! It's a choice, and no sir, I don't like it.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Quote from: satur8 on Dec 02, 2023, 22:17
JRSZ - You summed it up perfectly!
Haha, thx! :D
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Erol Alkan just announced a limited run of Goodbye remix released on Phantasy. Get on it!

https://lnk.to/ChemicalBrothersPH133

Edit, I just realised the limited run is just for the Rough Trade version, there's probably plenty of the regular version
Last Edit: Dec 08, 2023, 10:48 by gavin35
Live:Point Depot Dublin 1999 Creamfields Ireland 2001 Witness Festival 2002  Marlay Park Dublin 2005 Electric Picnic 2007 Longitude Dublin 2015 Alexandra Palace 2018 3Arena Dublin 2018 Musgrave Park Cork 2023 3Arena Dublin 2023
DJ: Printworks 2022

Quote from: M_O_N_O on Dec 08, 2023, 10:40
300 orange copies exclusive at Roughtrade
https://www.roughtrade.com/en-gb/product/chemical-brothers/goodbye-erol-alkan-rework

And no "BBSG" (or current live) version on the B-side. Gah! It was the perfect opportunity! Grumble grumble...
It's on Erol's Phantasy label as well, rather than on Universal.

Quote from: gavin35 on Dec 08, 2023, 10:15
Edit, I just realised the limited run is just for the Rough Trade version, there's probably plenty of the regular version
Good point. So 300 500 orange ones via Rough Trade or regular black vinyl elsewhere.
£14 for black vinyl, £18 for orange.
Goodbye (Erol Alkan Rework) on side A and Goodbye (Erol Alkan Instrumental Rework) on side B.

Would I sound like a broken...record if I pointed out how expensive 12" singles are these days? (Rhetorical question; no lectures please!)
Last Edit: Dec 08, 2023, 21:30 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Is it just the extended mix or do we also get the edit? Tracklist seems too much these days
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Dec 08, 2023, 13:07
Is it just the extended mix or do we also get the edit? Tracklist seems too much these days
Direct from Email today:

Masterfully bridging soulful vocals and widescreen techno with their typical psychedelic edge, Alkan's interpretation demonstrates his unique brotherhood with Tom Rowlands and Ed Simons. Across a near ten-minute journey, Alkan pushes the Brothers' irresistible synth line further into dissonant analogue bliss, which coupled with celestial breakdowns, already counts as a personal favourite in the London DJ and producer's diverse, enviable back catalogue of reworks. The other side of the record includes Alkan's previously unreleased instrumental.

Kinda wish they would sell the Erol rework on the Chems store. Could justify the shipping with bundling a few items...

Did anyone else receive this email from Rough Trade? 

Pretty disappointing seeing I ordered both versions within a matter of hours when it was announced - nor does it state which edition..

Please log in to view this attachment.

Quote from: whitelabel84 on Mar 06, 2024, 03:49
Did anyone else receive this email from Rough Trade?

Pretty disappointing seeing I ordered both versions within a matter of hours when it was announced - nor does it state which edition..

Please log in to view this attachment.
That sucks. Mine was delivered yesterday in the US. It's a very nice pressing and worth the wait.