Superstar DJs, Here We Go!

Feels Like I Am Dreaming

Started by Wolkenkrabber, Jul 25, 2023, 22:25

Previous topic - Next topic
Well I don't know if Erol Alkan has been given the whole album or just this track. But he's DJ-ing it.

Third slide.
Last Edit: Aug 22, 2023, 12:25 by Csar
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jul 25, 2023, 22:25
Well I don't know if Erol Alkan has been given the whole album or just this track. But he's DJ-ing it.

Third slide.

Considering that Errol seems to be their good friend It's not surprising at all, I guess FLIAD is next in the single rollout
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Yeah I remember Erol playing a version of Out Of Control at Field Day in 2019 that was something more like the Psychedelic version on the anniversary and that was a week after the announcement of the 20th Anniversary I believe

Erol is in the chemical family!

It's not unusual for him to get early dibs on fresh chemical brothers tunes, much like Justin Robertson, definitely in the trusted inner circle for road testing material. I know Erol has even played some if the Chem's exclusive DJ edit. It was his forum that I managed to get the don't fight control mix. And I don't mean one of the dodgy bootleg versions
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

reckon this will be the next single surely?
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

Quote from: gfa2001 on Jul 31, 2023, 08:15
reckon this will be the next single surely?
That sure would be nice, not because this one makes me jump but more because i'm a lot into Wolf Alice's music. But from what i've heard live or the dj sets, this hasn't got a single vibe. Saying that, Sometimes I Feel So Deserted also doesn't sound single compatible to me but has been released as such.
no idea, no idea

Quote from: sneakerbeater on Jul 28, 2023, 20:57
Erol is in the chemical family!

It's not unusual for him to get early dibs on fresh chemical brothers tunes, much like Justin Robertson, definitely in the trusted inner circle for road testing material. I know Erol has even played some if the Chem's exclusive DJ edit. It was his forum that I managed to get the don't fight control mix. And I don't mean one of the dodgy bootleg versions
There is an Erol Alkan forum? 🤯 He was playing Superflash 10 years ago. Could be worth digging

Unfortunately the Erol forum closed down many years ago
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

hmm... so The Chemical Brothers have a clip in their instagram timeline story with 2manyDJs performance from Pukkelpop over the weekend, that will probably expire by the time morning rolls over in Europe. Anyway, it's  them playing 'Feels Like I Am Dreaming' but with animated works of Nicholas Krushenick (FTBF featured artist). I'm not sure if it means anything, but it's looks pretty fucking rad!

Oh yeah, and I guess this confirms Dewaele Brothers have "the goods", too. I think most of us assumed this anyway...

I took a screen capture for show:

Please log in to view this attachment.

Last Edit: Aug 22, 2023, 00:15 by Bosco

Quote from: Bosco on Aug 21, 2023, 03:53
I took a screen capture for show:

You know there are ways to download storys? => https://www.sendspace.com/file/sjjk35

Why are mov-videos (quicktime) allowed as an attachment in the forums but mp4 isn't? Who's still using quicktime in 2023? Even Apple doesn't...
no idea, no idea

^ At the time of writing, it's available on the Chems insta stories, but not on 2ManyDjs.
Looks like a fast moving collection of still images rather than the more "animated" sleeves we often see in 2Manydjs sets.
EDIT: Maybe there is some animation actually, especially on the middle screen. The side screen images change very quickly. 

Oh and at the risk of derailing the thread, does anyone remember the snake game that used to come free on Nokia mobile phones? I like the imagination of combining that with the Blue Monday '83 sleeve. I remember seeing this at a festival around 2008 and being blown away by it.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: ThePumisher on Aug 21, 2023, 07:37
Why are mov-videos (quicktime) allowed as an attachment in the forums but mp4 isn't? Who's still using quicktime in 2023? Even Apple doesn't...
:Cray
Mov is just a container where the codec (h.264) is housed in. Just try it: Rename a mov file to .mp4 or vice versa and you'll still be able to play it back with any media player that supports h.264 - which is almost all of them. You don't need Quicktime at all.
But I've added mp4 just for you!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Bosco on Aug 21, 2023, 03:53
hmm... so The Chemical Brothers have a clip in their instagram timeline from 2manyDJs performance from Pukkelpop over the weekend, that will probably expire by the time morning rolls over in Europe. Anyway, it's  them playing 'Feels Like I Am Dreaming' but with animated works of Nicholas Krushenick (FTBF featured artist). I'm not sure if it means anything, but it's looks pretty fucking rad!
YES! I just went through the EML ritual thread where I saw they played that, and said "they've gotta play something from FTBF," and they have! It's about time! I need a full video of it with the transition in and out and a better view of the visuals.

If I ever get to see 2ManyDJs (which I really hope I do), they better play this!
GOODBYE, AND THANKS TO ALL OF YOU

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Aug 21, 2023, 08:44
Looks like a fast moving collection of still images rather than the more "animated" sleeves we often see in 2Manydjs sets. EDIT: Maybe there is some animation actually, especially on the middle screen. The side screen images change very quickly. 
On the basis of the clips that have been circulating, it looks like the 2 Many DJ's set at this year's Pukkelpop had a new approach where they ran all the usual "point a camera at the stage" side-screen footage through a Fairlight CVI, a la their Mehari mixes. That's probably what you're noticing!
Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 17, 2019, 20:16

I need the Miguel version of the album

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Aug 21, 2023, 08:44
does anyone remember the snake game that used to come free on Nokia mobile phones?
I think about it daily.

SO much time sunk into that game, after 'borrowing' my dad's phone to play it.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Badly needs a bump! This is an absolute f*cking face melter! Totally lived up to the hype!

At this point, I would be shocked if this isn't released as an EBW or at least an unmixed track. Maybe a favorite for record store day Black Friday?

An absolute banger, the only flaw of it is the lack of longer beat section right after that big breakdown drop, the live version keeps it for few bars longer.
Defo need the longer, maybe even 10 minutes EBW mix of it!
Beside it? It's perfect
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Absolutely insane track. Face melter is completely right, not least because I was smiling so hard on the first listen through that my cheeks got warm!

Probably their best track this side of Further, IMHO.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Does anyone have some deeper information about this?

Do they get Ellie into the studio and let her say/scream/sing just this one sentence? Or is it a sample they've taken from somewhere else? (doesn't come from a Wolf Alice track, checked that) Did they record a lot more vocals with her? Was she maybe the vocalist besides Beck on this album but then they switched to Halo?
She gets writing credits on this but is not a featured artist in the track title like Beck or Halo. Also, Ellie hasn't said a single word on this "collaboration", no sign of promotion for this while a couple of years ago she wasn't that quiet when working with Mura Masa.
no idea, no idea

Maybe we should check Wolf Alice live recordings?
Maybe it's some kind of spoken words to the audience between tracks?
Hi Kevin!