You Should Feel What I Feel

Skipping Like A Stone (feat. Beck)

Started by Stefan, Aug 15, 2023, 16:29

Previous topic - Next topic
The next single will be out on August 23rd!
Please log in to view this attachment.

You can listen to a teaser snippet here:
https://soundcloud.com/thechemicalbrothers/skipping-like-a-stone-feat-beck-snippet-1/s-jkClZVMhm3Q

Edit

Extended mix

Last Edit: Nov 03, 2023, 17:37 by Csar Reason: Added videos to 1st post

We knew it! Sounds awesome, maybe we'll get I Want To Know too...
GOODBYE, AND THANKS TO ALL OF YOU

^Link didn't work for me. But it works from the email.
Does this link work any better?  I think so.
Track sounds promising.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

The teaser sounds like the song will be a heavily Chems-flavoured upbeat pop track, which we all need in these times.

@Wolkenkrabber: there was a lot of tracking crap in the url, I deleted a bit too much. It should work now.

Please log in to view this attachment.

Not sure about the 35sec we hear so far, need to listen to the full song.

So that means no "single" with b-side for Live Again and no more remixes for LA?
no idea, no idea

Love how cheerful it sounds.
Still surprised that we didn't get the Dreaming as the single tho.
My bet for the one more single is either Dreaming, or Goodbye
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

so from what I hear, Halo Maud and Beck both are singing the chorus of the song (and maybe a falsetto from Tom?). I need to hear more to get a sense how I feel about the track, but it does sound radio friendly.

Hope this turns out good, I can see Chems (or just Tom) returning the favor and help Beck produce something in the future.
Last Edit: Aug 16, 2023, 04:39 by Bosco

Not really feeling that snippet... It feels more and more like this album is going to be a Born in the Echoes 2.0

Quote from: Ben_j on Aug 16, 2023, 06:20
Not really feeling that snippet... It feels more and more like this album is going to be a Born in the Echoes 2.0
I sadly feel the same. 

Have you even listened to no reason, live again, feels like I'm dreaming?!! It's a pure rave album and skipping like a stone sounds like the sprinkling of psychedelia the album needs...

I will say the snippet comes in at a strange place in the song which makes it a bit abrupt. 

I still think this could be the best album since Further. 
The music gets louder, the lights swirl faster and the chap who freaks out just hasn't passed the acid test. A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is

This is probably just an awkward snippet but it sounds more lively than a lot of the echoes stuff, granted I would say it could be heavier on bass and kick who knows how the rest of the song will sound

the released songs and teased songs we've heard in the live show genuinely say otherwise about this being another echoes
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Ah man, such a teeeeeaaaaser! It does have me wondering where in the song that snippet takes place. Like where is the build up to that point, what comes after. Such a tease. But I like the upbeat, trippy feel of this song and am looking forward to the full reveal! Soon!

I'm not so sure this will be Born In The Echoes 2 or repeat of a previous work. No two Chemical Brothers albums are alike, I don't think. :) We shall see (hear)!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

The snippet cuts in such moment that you just want to hear what's next, especially hearing that glimpse of intensified beat
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

So a little less of a wait...

Personally, I'm really excited! Beck's 'Odelay' was my first cd album, I see Beck at the end of the month, and Chems about to release a second track with Beck.

I'm ready to skip like a stone. Let's go!

Monday is much better! I don't like to do 'snippets' so I'm eager to get stuck into the whole thing.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Bosco on Aug 18, 2023, 18:51
I see Beck at the end of the month
I hear nothing but fantastic reviews of this tour. enjoy!

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Damn you brits, why isn't it 5pm already in your country?
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Csar on Aug 20, 2023, 20:52
Interesting: there are already two lyric websites preparing for the lyrics to drop.
https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/chemicalbrothers/skippinglikeastone.html
https://www.songtexte.com/songtext/the-chemical-brothers-feat-beck/skipping-like-a-stone-h73c4a6d5.html

Not so rare thing, genius use to do that all the time when the tracklist is avalible 
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Edit: moved video to 1st post.
Last Edit: Nov 03, 2023, 17:02 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)