You Always Get Me Up When I'm Down

Show/Tell us what you got!!! [FTBF edition]

Started by Bosco, Sep 01, 2023, 22:00

Previous topic - Next topic
Got some For That Beautiful Feeling era merch, music, promotional goodies, etc., that you want to show off? Post it here!

Pictures very much welcomed and appreciated.

To start off, I'm very much a hypocrite. I laughed at the idea of USB stick edition, but I have it officially pre-ordered with the FTBF cassette. Upon hearing "Skipping Like a Stone" (extended mix), I had to go against my words, especially with a looming "extra chapter" to Paused in Cosmic Reflection.

Everything. Of course! It's an expensive year to be a collector/fan what with the multiple book versions, new album, tour. 
The music gets louder, the lights swirl faster and the chap who freaks out just hasn't passed the acid test. A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is

Waiting for:
 CD (polish premiere was posponed by a whole week which I don't understand 💀)
Two casettes (just in case as I don't feel them to be repressed)
And USB stick! (I don't have anything released on this novelity format yet!)

I hope they'll drop some fancy bonus stuff like a poster too!
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Please show some detailed photos of all the goodies when you receive them. I'm planning on getting an LP version somewhere down the line and curious what each version looks like!
Last Edit: Sep 09, 2023, 02:04 by Bosco

Pre-ordered the hoodie with white vinyl bundle, the USB 'collector's edition' and just recently, the CD with the numbered print. I was originally going to buy both the CD and LP in Cardiff on Friday since I'll be there for the Saturday show, but once I cosied up to the artwork and saw a print, I grabbed it when I could.

This was before I got a massive poster of the artwork from the listening party! (Not pictured: the Chems tote bag they were also giving away) Please log in to view this attachment.
"I'm fucking allergic to feathers, you cunts"

Quote from: Bosco on Sep 01, 2023, 22:00
Got some For That Beautiful Feeling ... promotional goodies, ? Post it here!

Pictures very much welcomed and appreciated.

Well you're keen! Ok here we go:

The record (sealed) on display at Rough Trade East for the listening party today. But no they weren't selling it yet. It looked quite chunky and luxurious.

Promotional goodies. A free poster and tote bag. It really would have helped if they had the posters rolled up inside some cellophane or an elastic band. Watching people grab a poster and then try to roll it up (and keep it rolled up) in the middle of the shop was sheer daftness. Mine inevitably got creased on the tube journey home...

Quote from: Bosco on Sep 01, 2023, 22:00
To start off, I'm very much a hypocrite. I laughed at the idea of USB stick edition, but I have it officially pre-ordered with the FTBF cassette. Upon hearing "Skipping Like a Stone" (extended mix), I had to go against my words, especially with a looming "extra chapter" to Paused in Cosmic Reflection.
Book chapter aside, I'll be interested to hear from you re: the value of owning the USB. The tracks can all be downloaded from the WWW including Skipping (Extended) - albiet for a bonus fee.
Let us know what format the files are in, do you get a sense of ownership from this piece of product, or anything else that I haven't thought of.

Oh, looks like Cowboy has jumped in since I started this post...
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Sep 06, 2023, 23:16
Oh, looks like Cowboy has jumped in since I started this post...
Sorry! 
Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Sep 06, 2023, 23:16
It looked quite chunky and luxurious.
They did a filmed unboxing after the listening party. The camerawoman grabbed two people and asked if they wanted to unwrap the record and show it off - watched from afar but the poster is absolutely massive, the guy trying to unfold it was struggling and one of the Rough Trade staff took it from them to ease the pain  ::)

Has anyone's bundle been fulfilled or shipped? Had an email that my USB was shipped and ready to be delivered tomorrow, but nowt from the white vinyl / hoodie bundle. Nowt from the numbered print / CD bundle either. 

Quote from: cowboy on Sep 07, 2023, 22:20
Has anyone's bundle been fulfilled or shipped? Had an email that my USB was shipped and ready to be delivered tomorrow, but nowt from the white vinyl / hoodie bundle. Nowt from the numbered print / CD bundle either.
Got e-mail about my order being sent, dunno when it'll arrive

Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

+Update:
Can't believe it, but just won the 2lp giveaway :')
Really feeling like I'm dreaming rn <3 :')

The best album rollout I've ever experience, mostly because of y'all!
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

I got the CD and USB key. USB key is a bit strange, took me a while to fold it out, surprised I didn't break it
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

Quote from: sneakerbeater on Sep 08, 2023, 17:52
I got the CD and USB key. USB key is a bit strange, took me a while to fold it out, surprised I didn't break it
Hey, can you tell me what's the format on the usb? 
24bit flac?
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

320 mp3 and WAV files

Quote from: sneakerbeater on Sep 08, 2023, 18:32
320 mp3 and WAV files

Can you see a sample rate/ sample size(Hz)?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Apparently some peeps from Reddit are getting emails about their chem store orders. The CD's hit a production snag and will be delayed. Hopefully they get it out soon because waiting sucks.

Which brings me up to my story. I pre-ordered the CD and vinyl about a week ago. Then today I went to pick it up ( about a 15 minute drive) at my local store where I have preordered the last 3 chem releases. When I got there, they told me due to the labor day weekend ( last week) their shipments were delayed, so they haven't received FTBF yet! Now I'm pissed! 

So I call at least 3 record stores nearby to see if they had it. Nope, no vinyl or CD....Seriously! So I call up Amoeba ( I really didn't want to drive up there, but I wanted to get this situation out of the way) and strangely enough out of all the record stores in my area, they had plenty of vinyl copies, including the 3Lp, but no CD's either! Edit: I checked for the CD on Amazon but it's out of stock! Damn! 

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: sneakerbeater on Sep 08, 2023, 17:52

What's the deal with the exclusive additional chapter to Paused In Cosmic Reflection? Is it part of the USB? Maybe a unique code for when book is released? ???

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Sep 09, 2023, 05:21
Apparently some peeps from Reddit are getting emails about their chem store orders. The CD's hit a production snag and will be delayed. Hopefully they get it out soon because waiting sucks.

Which brings me up to my story. I pre-ordered the CD and vinyl about a week ago. Then today I went to pick it up ( about a 15 minute drive) at my local store where I have preordered the last 3 chem releases. When I got there, they told me due to the labor day weekend ( last week) their shipments were delayed, so they haven't received FTBF yet! Now I'm pissed!

So I call at least 3 record stores nearby to see if they had it. Nope, no vinyl or CD....Seriously! So I call up Amoeba ( I really didn't want to drive up there, but I wanted to get this situation out of the way) and strangely enough out of all the record stores in my area, they had plenty of vinyl copies, including the 3Lp, but no CD's either! Edit: I checked for the CD on Amazon but it's out of stock! Damn!

Same situation just south of you! Hard to find at a store right now and I would rather support a local place. So glad you got your copy in your hands! And I like seeing the album displayed- love Amoeba records. :) The hubs called all around local shops today and no dice. Told to call one store back tomorrow to check availability so we will see! 
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: Bosco on Sep 09, 2023, 05:51
What's the deal with the exclusive additional chapter to Paused In Cosmic Reflection? Is it part of the USB? Maybe a unique code for when book is released? ???
2 page pdf on the key about their DJ set at Glastonbury this year

Here is the Japan edition. Still a bit surprised that this arrived at my door yesterday afternoon. Being that I'm in MN.
Please log in to view this attachment.
Please log in to view this attachment.

Nothing, because no record stores in Cincinnati received it.  Super pissed and super sick of not being able to listen to an amazing album without ads or breaks.