You Are All My Children Now

BBC 6 Music etc - Interviews and Promos FTBF

Started by TJEFFS2000, Sep 07, 2023, 05:44

Previous topic - Next topic
unsure if you're already aware or best place to post this (as it's clearly new album promotion) but there's a planned hour slot for the Chems a week today [next Thursday] on BBC 6music at 0930 hours GMT. Thought you'd appreciate a heads up 📻
Last Edit: Sep 24, 2023, 18:40 by whirlygirl Reason: A place for interviews and promos for For That Beautiful Feeling

Quote from: TJEFFS2000 on Sep 07, 2023, 05:44
unsure if you're already aware or best place to post this (as it's clearly new album promotion) but there's a planned hour slot for the Chems a week today [next Thursday] on BBC 6music at 0930 hours GMT. Thought you'd appreciate a heads up 📻
Perhaps in Chems To The World? Or the FTBF section - maybe its own thread within that section?

Anyway, thanks for the heads up. Here's a link to the listing on the BBC website.
Confusingly it also says 6th September, but I think that's the date they uploaded this schedule to the website.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Here's the link to the show, available for re-listening for the next 29 days.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001q0fr
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Re: "The Pills" at 39:30, Ed: "The fans will talk about the personal meaning it has for them on our forum..."
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Sep 14, 2023, 13:00
Re: "The Pills" at 39:30, Ed: "The fans will talk about the personal meaning it has for them on our forum..."

Yeah ❤️

This song forever.

Before We Are The Night dropped, us forum people got wind of the track listing and a fair number of us here had assumed this was going to be an album closing fist-pumping boot stomper of mind melting proportions, lol Talk about throwing us for a loop when we actually heard this! Come summer 2009, this song came fully into its own and took on an entirely new form personally, seeing my husband into rehab... every year since, The Pills Won't Help You Now is like a gift on his "birthday" sobriety date. It really holds a special place in my heart, all these years later.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Probably not worth starting a new thread for this.
Radio 1 is the "youth" station at the BBC, 6 Music is the "alternative" station, and Radio 2 is the pop station for um, slightly older folk.
I think this is the first time the Chems have been put in that bracket. I don't remember them doing any Radio 2 shows before this. Time marches on, eh?

Jo Wiley:
https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/1702012042633171112
Ah, we're getting the "Tweet error (does not exist)" message again.
So you can click this instead.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Sep 14, 2023, 13:00

Quote from: whirlygirl on Sep 14, 2023, 15:16
Yeah ❤️

This song forever.

Before We Are The Night dropped, us forum people got wind of the track listing and a fair number of us here had assumed this was going to be an album closing fist-pumping boot stomper of mind melting proportions, lol Talk about throwing us for a loop when we actually heard this! Come summer 2009, this song came fully into its own and took on an entirely new form personally, seeing my husband into rehab... every year since, The Pills Won't Help You Now is like a gift on his "birthday" sobriety date. It really holds a special place in my heart, all these years later.
That is going to set us on a hunt to find stories about Pills meaning to the forum.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Sep 14, 2023, 15:53
Probably not worth starting a new thread for this.
Radio 1 is the "youth" station at the BBC, 6 Music is the "alternative" station, and Radio 2 is the pop station for um, slightly older folk.
I think this is the first time the Chems have been put in that bracket. I don't remember them doing any Radio 2 shows before this. Time marches on, eh?

Jo Wiley:
https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/1702012042633171112
Ah, we're getting the "Tweet error (does not exist)" message again.
So you can click this instead.

Should have read this thread before open another one...
no idea, no idea

Probably not worth starting a new thread for this (hmm, deja vu).
Tom doing another interview talking about FTBF on Double J, Australia. From 1hr,44m Here. Hit the listen button on Tom's face.
The presenter sounds like she's reading a script that someone else wrote for her in her intro.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Sep 20, 2023, 23:49
Probably not worth starting a new thread for this (hmm, deja vu).
Tom doing another interview talking about FTBF on Double J, Australia. From 1hr,44m Here. Hit the listen button on Tom's face.
The presenter sounds like she's reading a script that someone else wrote for her in her intro.

I am glad you posted this! (And found a thread to post it in... there's a lot of press coming from all directions so maybe the thread could use a name change? Hmmm...) Anyway I had a listen. It seems the Chems are quite looking forward to their upcoming visit to Australia! :) I liked the commentary and insight about capturing joyfulness in music, the joy in the Beatles Here Comes The Sun, and the challenge in getting that emotion to hit just right in making music.
Last Edit: Sep 21, 2023, 02:45 by whirlygirl Reason: Because words are hard when I’m tired…
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.