Would You Like to Come Inside?

Reddit Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Tom Rowlands

Started by Stefan, Sep 12, 2023, 18:14

Previous topic - Next topic
Tom will do an AMA (ask me anything) on Reddit tomorrow at 5pm BST:
https://www.facebook.com/ChemicalBros/posts/pfbid02FhvvMtp5WFJ6vEw6gs5DGVE1ftEtKPWU5jQ3USirV5nbhem735MSLGBXWF3SjQsnl

Please log in to view this attachment.
Last Edit: Sep 15, 2023, 10:20 by Csar

I've already got my question sorted so it's up to someone else here to phrase "Papal Disco when" in the optimal terms.
Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 17, 2019, 20:16

I need the Miguel version of the album

Quote from: Champiness on Sep 12, 2023, 18:15
I've already got my question sorted so it's up to someone else here to phrase "Papal Disco when" in the optimal terms.
"Is there any chance the Galileo score will be released one day?"

But beware, someone can ask for kbd...
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Sep 12, 2023, 18:29
But beware, someone can ask for kbd...

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Stefan on Sep 12, 2023, 18:14
Tom will do an AMA (ask me anything) on Reddit tomorrow at 5pm BST:
Oh so now I gotta sign up to Reddit? I've always found the appearance of Reddit a bit cluttered.
Is it a pain to sign up? Any tips for N00Bs?
Can we ask more than one question? Do we type our questions out "live" in the moment, or in advance?
What if I have a list of questions?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

It's no pain to sign up, you just need an email-adress and a password.
For your other questions, I have no idea, I never took part in an AMA so far.

I'll go ahead and ask how Ed got turned into a cat.

Quote from: Biff on Sep 12, 2023, 21:09
I'll go ahead and ask how Ed got turned into a cat.
Delved too far into medieval history.
Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 17, 2019, 20:16

I need the Miguel version of the album

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Sep 12, 2023, 18:41
Can we ask more than one question? Do we type our questions out "live" in the moment, or in advance?
What if I have a list of questions?
There's no limit to the number of questions you can ask, but, it's Tom (possibly with some help) going through each comment and replying to the questions individually. If you're hoping for a response, it's better to choose something that is more likely to get him engaged. So one great question > a bunch of questions.

Think of it kind of like a press junket. Etiquette says it's one question each, but the fact is that if you posed more than one, you'd likely stand less chance of getting a good answer.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Heh time to set the appointment with your sound therapist! :D I see studio cat is filling in for Ed who is likely on diaper duty. It has been forever since there's been an Ask Tom & Ed thingie. Looking forward to reading the AMA!!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Very excited for this AMA! I won't be able to participate because I'm at work, but I trust there will be very good questions!
Quote from: whirlygirl on Sep 12, 2023, 23:38
It has been forever since there's been an Ask Tom & Ed thingie

I remember in the old forum that Tom answered some questions... Was it in the Further era? I also remember that he used to reply on twitter, sometimes.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Sep 12, 2023, 23:19
If you're hoping for a response, it's better to choose something that is more likely to get him engaged. So one great question > a bunch of questions.

Think of it kind of like a press junket. Etiquette says it's one question each...

Fair enough. Not necessarily the answer I wanted, but I hear where you're coming from.
Well I've got a top 5 set of questions. At the moment I'm thinking of asking my No 1 question.
If anyone who doesn't have a question feels like adopting any of my other questions, then that would be nice (for me anyway!).

ONE)  The fantastic DJ version of Goodbye features a Jesse Jackson speech which you previously sampled in your Ariel days. Any plans to release this DJ version of Goodbye, perhaps as a 12"?

TWO)  Adam Smith stated that there were two versions of the Trespass Against Us film score. Has the first (unused) version been recycled into more recent work, or does it remain an unreleased Chemical "basement tape" for the fans to pine after?    ["basement tape" is a Bob Dylan reference cos the Chems like Dylan]

THREE)  What happened to the track "Contra" (mastered by Mike Marsh with Reflexion)? Did it come out under another name? Have we heard it in any context?

FOUR)  The club/celebration track from Life Of Galileo sounds like something we've previously heard in Chemical DJ sets. It appears to be regstered as Papal Disco. Any plans to release it? And what was it originally called? Was this FKA "Here Come The Drums"?

FIVE) 

[pumishers erection song] The track at 3:38 to 4:36 seems to be a Chemical re-edit. It has counting from 1 to 9 followed by "oh,oh,oh". Later on there's a rap. It sounds like a re-edit of an old electro/hip hop track. What track did you re-edit?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I would ask if there is any chance of relasing the pink dancers version of Got To Keep On music video in full.
Just get yourself high.

Quote from: nekoland on Sep 13, 2023, 00:15
Very excited for this AMA! I won't be able to participate because I'm at work, but I trust there will be very good questions!
I remember in the old forum that Tom answered some questions... Was it in the Further era? I also remember that he used to reply on twitter, sometimes.

I think they occasionally answered all the way back to the time of PTB (definitely during WATN) as Milco2Forum. It was always very exciting, especially with elusive poster BanTheChampaignSpiller.

Whenever someone had a hot take on a song (someone saying Nude Night lacked bass, I distinctly recall), Ed would usually post "yawn", which might've been a reference to the scene(s) in Arrested Development when characters would be hating on Buster, and the camera would slowly zoom out long into the conversation to show he was present and yawning.

My question still not answered from the last time.. MEH

Quote from: Explud on Feb 21, 2016, 14:12
How do you clean your studio? There are so many sensitive equipment, which is moisture harmful.
And what the story about broken synth during Escape Velocity record session?
Hi Kevin!

Could anyone please send this link and ask if they'll ever get around to come back to finish this? PLEASE? I need this melody in my life!

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Are AMAs available to read through after the fact? I won't be able to "attend" live

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Sep 13, 2023, 00:23
Fair enough. Not necessarily the answer I wanted, but I hear where you're coming from.
Well I've got a top 5 set of questions. At the moment I'm thinking of asking my No 1 question.
If anyone who doesn't have a question feels like adopting any of my other questions, then that would be nice (for me anyway!).

ONE)  The fantastic DJ version of Goodbye features a Jesse Jackson speech which you previously sampled in your Ariel days. Any plans to release this DJ version of Goodbye, perhaps as a 12"?

TWO)  Adam Smith stated that there were two versions of the Trespass Against Us film score. Has the first (unused) version been recycled into more recent work, or does it remain an unreleased Chemical "basement tape" for the fans to pine after?    ["basement tape" is a Bob Dylan reference cos the Chems like Dylan]

THREE)  What happened to the track "Contra" (mastered by Mike Marsh with Reflexion)? Did it come out under another name? Have we heard it in any context?

FOUR)  The club/celebration track from Life Of Galileo sounds like something we've previously heard in Chemical DJ sets. It appears to be regstered as Papal Disco. Any plans to release it? And what was it originally called? Was this FKA "Here Come The Drums"?

FIVE) 

[pumishers erection song] The track at 3:38 to 4:36 seems to be a Chemical re-edit. It has counting from 1 to 9 followed by "oh,oh,oh". Later on there's a rap. It sounds like a re-edit of an old electro/hip hop track. What track did you re-edit?

Wolken, you got some great questions there! Tom would definitely go for them.

I'm still trying to think of a question for him. Might be something about unreleased material, the KDB question, or a certain venue in Las Vegas!

EDIT: I just sent my question!
Last Edit: Sep 13, 2023, 15:43 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: actionjackson780 on Sep 13, 2023, 14:32
Are AMAs available to read through after the fact? I won't be able to "attend" live
Yes