Turn Off Your Mind, Relax, and Float Downstream

Something sent from heaven - Wide Open Live

Started by ubeauty, Nov 05, 2023, 20:52

Previous topic - Next topic
I was lucky enough to catch the Chems again at Birmingham on the 3rd November and was literally blown away by the live version of Wide Open, just a thing of beauty

Does anyone know if this has ever been released in this version, or if it ever will?

Please Tom and Ed 

Quote from: ubeauty on Nov 05, 2023, 20:52
I was lucky enough to catch the Chems again at Birmingham on the 3rd November and was literally blown away by the live version of Wide Open, just a thing of beauty

Does anyone know if this has ever been released in this version, or if it ever will?

Please Tom and Ed

Welcome @ubeauty! So, so happy for you that you had the greatest time last night (and a little jealous :D). Unfortunately, it hasn't been released officially. You can only listen to fan recordings (look at the Live section of the forum for the latest gigs, there are some decent ones!).
T&E should definitely consider releasing their (multiple) live versions, especially of their more obscure ones like The Pills, Das Spiegel and Snow Surface (Snow + Surface to Air). In fact, they should do what Sigur Rós once did: Giving fans access to a public server to download loads of live performances in full! I'd love to dive through all kinds of different versions of one song and listen to their evolution through time.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Some time ago, the German punk band Die Ärzte, after each show, sold USB-Sticks with a recording from the show you just attended (don't think they do this still though).
We know from some interview that each Chems show is recorded, so maybe we should pressure kindly ask them to do the same.
Last Edit: Nov 14, 2023, 06:25 by Stefan Reason: Added an 'n' to band

"We know from some interview that each Chems show is recorded, so maybe we should pressure kindly ask them to do the same".

I for one wasn't aware of this and it's just given me a huge smile. Wouldn't it be fantastic if you could access and order for download the audio of specific shows you'd attended over the years to relive those amazing nights again...

Petition anyone? 🤣

Quote from: Renegade2u2 on Nov 27, 2023, 15:57
"We know from some interview that each Chems show is recorded, so maybe we should pressure kindly ask them to do the same".

I for one wasn't aware of this and it's just given me a huge smile. Wouldn't it be fantastic if you could access and order for download the audio of specific shows you'd attended over the years to relive those amazing nights again...

Petition anyone? 🤣
I'd kill for soundeck rips from the close your eyes concert and STRP 07
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: Renegade2u2 on Nov 27, 2023, 15:57

Petition anyone? 🤣
Can I get a Hallelujah?! They need to come to this epiphany! It's not taking away from the exceptional experience that is a live show. It would simply get people to relive shows or to retroactively participate when the chance to see them didn't come to pass for some reason. And it would also make any fan so happy to be able re-listen to shows that had special tracklists and unique "treats" in them. Who wouldn't want to listen to the Pills/WATN segue again, or their renditions of Das Spiegel/ A Modern M. Conversation, the acid version of The Golden Path or the Dissolve/Reel intro etc. etc. There are so many interesting changes to sets over the course of their tours, especially later ones, it would be such fun.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)