Maybe I Feel Out of Control

Live at Royal Albert Hall, London, 23. March 2024

Started by Stefan, Jan 08, 2024, 13:51

Previous topic - Next topic

if anyone can find prices would love to know!
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

Jep, that would be interesting, but I couldn't find the prices anywhere.

Let's see Friday morning, I guess XD
It sure is a special location

For £46 you can become "friends" with the Royal Albert Hall and get priority booking rights.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Not sure what their show will look like in this solemn hall but they will have a tough time beating this intro:

The Chems already DJd at the Royal Albert Hall, during a charity event in 2013:

After a short DJ set from The Chemical Brothers, who were playing interval music during each break, James Dean Bradfield followed with a short acoustic set of some of the best-known songs from his band the Manic Street Preachers.
https://www.royalalberthall.com/about-the-hall/news/2013/october/the-charlatans-and-friends-18-october-2013/

Holy moly my dreams have come true!

I remember talking on the forum maybe 20 years ago about the chems about how stunning it would be for the chems to play Royal Albert hall. I'd never dreamed their career would become so massive and they would become the arena venue touring band they have become. Seeing them in smaller venues now has unfortunately a thing of the past, or at least a once in a while experience. I count myself lucky I have seen them live in nightclub venues. 

I saw them DJ for the charlatans 10 years ago and whilst it did not tick off my dream, I thought it was the closest I would get to it. 

Totally stoked this is happening!
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

This is wild! Just a couple days ago we booked a holiday to the UK and are due to fly home from London on the 24th, so timing really couldn't be more perfect. Fingers crossed I get the tix on Friday! What a way to end a trip!

Quote from: Csar on Jan 08, 2024, 18:04
For £46 you can become "friends" with the Royal Albert Hall and get priority booking rights.
If you read the terms there is no priority booking on charity events 

Quote from: sneakerbeater on Jan 09, 2024, 11:29
Oh dang, I'm sorry. Should always read the fine print I guess. But it makes sense if it's a charity of course. Any guesses what the prices are going to be looking like?

Ah man, I really feel like this is going to be something really special. Like iTunes Festival 2015 special.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Just looked up some info on this iconic building in London , The Royal Albert Hall , now a Grade I listed building , it was opened by Queen Victoria in 1871 , , that's a long time ago  :wise

It looks beautiful inside with all the architecture and design , but is the soundsystem any good ? Well , apparently so , as it underwent an impressive upgrade in 2019 and part of that involved the installation of 465 individual loud speakers , so wherever you're positioned inside you should receive equal quality audio.

Here's the article . . 

https://www.royalalberthall.com/about-the-hall/news/2019/april/the-royal-albert-hall-unveils-new-record-breaking-audio-system/
" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

I won't expect anything special from the setlist but will have my credit card ready on Friday morning ;D

As this is a charity event, do you think the tickets will be a regular sale?

Quote from: Csar on Jan 09, 2024, 11:49
Should always read the fine print I guess.

no idea, no idea

Please take my head and hang it in shame.
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jan 09, 2024, 13:19
As this is a charity event, do you think the tickets will be a regular sale?
Chems posted on insta (ed maybe?) that theres no 'guestlist' which i assume was meant to mean presale.

Quote from: sneakerbeater on Jan 09, 2024, 11:29
https://www.royalalberthall.com/tickets/events/2024/chemical-brothers

This page seems to suggest there is a separate pool that while not presale is still separate maybe?

edit - faqs say this - "Friends & Patrons have a Priority in that they are able to book tickets 24 hours ahead of public booking, however sometimes all booking will open at the same time, yet Friends & Patrons will have access to more tickets. This is called a Friend & Patrons Allocation."

I disagree with the idea of paying to access something not guaranteed (what happened to no purchase necessary!), but if you are considering it then i'd probably contact them.

https://www.seetickets.com/event/the-chemical-brothers/royal-albert-hall/2902132

prices out, will be passing myself. £110 is just absurd post xmas

Well the price is the price 

At the end of the day the chems could probably sell out a gig at the royal Albert hall 5+ nights.  It's a simple case of supply and demand and maximising the ticket receipts, it for charity at the end of the day.

It's a bonus show at a unique venue, I will happily pay for my ticket

Quote from: sneakerbeater on Jan 11, 2024, 21:48
Well the price is the price

At the end of the day the chems could probably sell out a gig at the royal Albert hall 5+ nights.  It's a simple case of supply and demand and maximising the ticket receipts, it for charity at the end of the day.

It's a bonus show at a unique venue, I will happily pay for my ticket

I'm not saying its not for a good cause by any means but sadly I am priced out ... and thats before trying to convince friends to come.

Hopefully they will play at Brixton when it reopens or ally pally again, yet to go to the Royal Albert Hall so will have to try go another time!

Edit: quite obvious i'm annoyed i can't afford it, have a great time. If i knew the setlist was changing i'd probably push my budget and go but without seeing how the japan shows play out i can't justify that much for the chance its the same as the o2 sadly

Wonder how a show of them is when you are seated? Yes, you can stand up, but theres no space to move. How is it possible to rave in this place?  :D
no idea, no idea

Ticket sorted! Managed to get a standing ticket for the main floor! Tickets did not last long