Exit Planet Dust

Bristol sound city 21/04/1995

Started by Dan, Jan 17, 2024, 13:02

Previous topic - Next topic
Does anyone know where I can listen back to the Chemical Brothers set that they played for Bristol Sound City in '95? Its the one with (if I remember correctly) Live Forever by Oasis, Begging You by The Stone Roses and Nine Acre Dust by the Charlatans?
I did have a copy for years but it wore out. Thanks in advance

Hi Dan and welcome!

They played a supporting gig for the Prodigy there but it was a live performance with their own stuff. The songs you mention would rather hint at a DJ set where they play all sorts of music from other artists and not just their own.
I've got a portion of this set which is just about 20 min long and features Song to the Siren, Leave Home, Loops of Fury, Three Birdies Down Beat and Chemical Beats.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

That DJ tracklist sounds like the one Tom did for Steve Lamacq's Evening Session on BBC Radio 1 in 1995 (-on the old version of this forum it was sometimes called "Tom's Mix For Site"). Tom messed around with the intro of the Oasis track IIRC.
I used to have it until my last PC died. I suspect other people here probably do have it...

EDIT
I think this is that Oasis part of the DJ mix:

If no one gets back to you here, you could try asking that YouTuber. In the comments he replies to someone: "It was part of a DJ set they sent out to the radio stations as I have it on a cassette".
There's a good chance that he didn't just digitise that one track. He probably has the whole DJ set (I think it was about 30 minutes?) in digital format.
Last Edit: Jan 17, 2024, 16:56 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

The radio session Wolkenkrabber mentions is about 24 mins long (at least the one I have) and does start with that Oasis edit. If that's what you're looking for, PM me.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I think this mix was an unbroadcast mix for radio one that was pulled because they were given the essential mix slot if my memory serves me correct. This was made available on the chems official web site around "we are the night" era as a streaming track 
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

Quote from: Csar on Jan 17, 2024, 20:04
The radio session Wolkenkrabber mentions is about 24 mins long (at least the one I have) and does start with that Oasis edit. If that's what you're looking for, PM me.
I think it might be. It was a recording I made from the radio while the BBC were broadcasting from Sound City (I think) there were BBC idents played over the mix and an intro, possibly Lamacq. It was interspersed with chems tracks possibly as you mentionedfeatures Song to the Siren, Leave Home, Loops of Fury, Three Birdies Down Beat and Chemical Beats.