K+D+B Is Godlike

Attacks in Paris

Started by Wolkenkrabber, Nov 13, 2015, 22:10

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Explud on Nov 18, 2015, 19:24

Don't forget...
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34840943

Of course! How could I forget! I'm sorry!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

It's a shame only the Paris attacks get so much attention... They have killed so many this year, in tens of attacks and bombings.
But I think I know the reason : attacks in middle eastern and african country feel more "usual" to us because they happen so often, and it's a shame... An attack in the center of Paris is much more unexpected and affects the occidental world much more because it's happening in an occidental country, where people go on holiday, where they're more likely to have friends, etc. It feels great to have this support but there are thousands of people who deserve it just as much, in Lebanon, in Russia, in India, in Turkey, etc...
Last Edit: Nov 19, 2015, 00:32 by Ben_j

Well said BenJ, especially considering how close this stuff is to you at the moment.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

On a lighter note, I think I shouldn't wear my black Chemical Brothers sweater in the streets. People give me weird looks, I think they think it's an islamic state flag

I think that's a good idea  :)
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

I generally tend to shy away from posting anything political on other social media, but social media has got me down.
Truce colors coming through, and  I find it very hard to accept some of my friends' and family's viewpoints without judging their character. And I hate that about me.  What happened in Paris has caused a ripple effect of fear here in the U.S.. It reminds me so much of the sentiment that prevailed during the events and changes that followed 9/11. It's like we are regressing - we have politicians working to block Syrians from seeking refuge in their states, and we have a presidential candidate who has plans to enforce all Muslims onto a national registry (among other crackpot ideas) if he's elected.

I apologize if this comes across as a rant. It's really not. It's based on my own feelings of helplessness  I suppose. I think the best sentiment to hold is we're all on the fucked up rock together, and we need to be strong and to love. But it has been so hard.

I continue to hold Paris in my thoughts, as well as everyone else who has been victimized by the hand of daesh and poor policy.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

It fucking breaks my heart and I don't know what to think. These are people who only want violence, who praise death on all sides, who hate and kill and want to taunt the world into killing too. People with no love. They literally celebrate the deaths of their own people. What drives someone to be like that?

Bono, naturally, seems to have one of the best perspectives that I've read on this:

"Really our first thoughts at this point are with the Eagles fans, the Eagles of Death Metal and this is if you think about it, the majority of victims last night are music fans. This is the first direct hit on music that we've had in this so called war-on-terror or whatever it's called. It's very upsetting. These are our people. This could be me at a show. You at a show, in that venue. It's a very recognizable situation for you and for me and the coldblooded aspect of this slaughter is deeply disturbing and that's what I can't get out of my head. ..."
"[Ali and I] were just revelers at [the Festival in the Desert in Timbuktu], but there was tension there – there were rocket launchers at the edge of the festival site – within a few weeks, Mali had been overpowered by these Islamist extremists. They had overturned the library in Timbuktu and these sacred manuscripts. The inn, the small hotel that we were staying was now the head of the Islamic justice. Musicians were having their hands cut off in the same hotel that we slept in and ate in. You just realized they hate music. They hate women. They hate all the things that we love. This is an illness that's in the world now and we just can't give into it, and try to be sympathetic to the people who are fallen prey to this illness and of course we should love our enemies and all of that. They are victims too. But, we can't have them decide how we live."
Never for money, always for love.