I'll Take You Along With Me

Trespass Against Us

Started by Wolkenkrabber, Jan 17, 2016, 21:42

Previous topic - Next topic
Trespass has started to be mentioned in "anticipated films of 2016" lists on ye olde internet, so it might be time to have a thread for it (as we did on the old forum).

IMDB has been updated with a new still image since I last checked it; in December I think.
I suspect the image has been taken from the Film 4 website. which also tells us a bit more about the story. 
The film is also reported on HERE and HERE. Though we still don't have a date other than 2016.
There's nothing here to suggest that the film won't have a Chemical soundtrack as we expected. So lets hope it's as good as Hanna!

How about a gushing actress clip from 2014?

IT'S MORNING TIME!

This will be very interesting

It would make sense that Let Us Build A City may have been for this movie as it was pointed out its lyrics were from the Bible. As this movie is called "Trespass Against Us," a part of the Lord's Prayer.
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh man, I'm down for another Chems soundtrack!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Oh, I can't wait for another mesmerizing, immersive soundtrack by the brothers. Hanna was just out of the park! Let's spice these Hollywood standard scores electronically up yet again!!!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: androidgeoff on Jan 21, 2016, 20:51

It would make sense that Let Us Build A City may have been for this movie as it was pointed out its lyrics were from the Bible. As this movie is called "Trespass Against Us," a part of the Lord's Prayer.
The poster reads "[...]an original score[...]", I assume this means new material.

Whilst we're waiting for InChem to tell us how he knows the release date for Trespass, I thought I'd mention that IMDB was updated on the 2nd of June.  So we now know that's it's 98 minutes long and rated R for the USA. It'll be distributed by A24 in the USA (A24 tend to distribute nice little films, though often with minimal publicity, eg: Green Room) and Lionsgate in the UK. And there's a full cast list on there now.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Jun 04, 2016, 11:10

Whilst we're waiting for InChem to tell us how he knows the release date for Trespass, I thought I'd mention that IMDB was updated on the 2nd of June.  So we now know that's it's 98 minutes long and rated R for the USA. It'll be distributed by A24 in the USA (A24 tend to distribute nice little films, though often with minimal publicity, eg: Green Room) and Lionsgate in the UK. And there's a full cast list on there now.

'Meanwhile, in September, Michael releases The Light Between Oceans, where he met his current partner, Oscar-winning actress Alicia Vikander, and Trespass Against Us, a movie about the travelling community in the UK.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3593801/Michael-Fassbender-cuts-relaxed-handsome-figure-attends-X-Men-Apocalypse-premiere-Sydney.html
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

I stopped paying attention at Alicia Vikander...

dancesoitallkeepsspinning

As you might guess when readng this, The Sunday World is an Irish tabloid newspaper.
The Fass And The Furious
See what they did there? 'Fass' as in Fassbender? Tabloids are so clever with their headlines. Ugh.
"The dance stars have also written an original score for the film, which will screen at Toronto next month and be released worldwide later this year." When, Christmas?? (insert mildly grumpy smiley here)
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Aug 07, 2016, 10:01

As you might guess when readng this, The Sunday World is an Irish tabloid newspaper.
The Fass And The Furious
See what they did there? 'Fass' as in Fassbender? Tabloids are so clever with their headlines. Ugh.
"The dance stars have also written an original score for the film, which will screen at Toronto next month and be released worldwide later this year." When, Christmas?? (insert mildly grumpy smiley here)
Not christmas, that's for sure. Not with Assassin's Creed being released on the 21st of December, another blockbuster with Fassbender

UK release date now listed as 16th November.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I'm excited how this is going to turn out and if it will once again stir up the business-as-usual hollywood soundtracks! Can't wait for another sublime chemical score!

Let's hope for a good movie too.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

My friend gave me the heads up that he's going to the premier at TIFF this week.

http://www.tiff.net/films/trespass-against-us/

Hopefully he can provide a review in the next few days...
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

First critics on imdb SPOILER ALERT

http://reelfilm.com/tiff1601.htm#trespass (they hated it)
http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/trespass-us-review-tiff-2016/ (they liked it)

Only the latter refers to the score in one line calling it
A fantastic score by The Chemical Brothers adds some emotional heft to support flawless performances all around.

— Aurora (The Seed)

Bah, you beat me to it by six minutes Csar!

The Guardian 2 Stars.
Indiewire : A charming Debut
Roger Ebert: Fassbender and Gleeson are mesmerizing
The filmstage "The musical score from the Chemical Brothers is a standout"
Hollywood Reporter "the picture seems most alive when somebody's driving a car" and "Here, a score by Tom Rowlands (of the Chemical Brothers, for whom Smith has made many videos) bolsters the anarchic energy"  (Ahh, so it's Tom in particular).
The Playlist "the movie doesn't have much of a plot"
Cinema scope "sturdy dramatic arc" (I think this might be a blurb more than a review)

Adam In a suit! Switch to the second video around 1.23 in, as the first video is pure shaky-cam!

All the reviews are a bit spoiler-y. Overall impression from these reviews: Story is imperfect, car chase scenes are good. Fassbender and Gleeson are both v good. Soundtrack is good (whoop!).
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I'm gonna have to take that gold medal away from you!

Of course Guardian gives a 2 star review. Come release date they'll be glowing, whatever's contrarian.

I'm okay if the story is weak. Excited for the score and Adam's directorial choices in a full length action flick - should be something off the beaten track!
Never for money, always for love.

Trailer:

Slightly tad tiny little disappointing news update, the score is not by The Chemical Brothers... but by Tom Rowlands.

Of course, it is still cool to get a score from Tom, but a part of me wanted another score with the Brothers together.
Last Edit: Sep 22, 2016, 20:49 by neorev

You could have posted the full trailer :P

Not sure if there's any of Tom's music in it