Do It Again

Soulwax / 2Many DJs

Started by Ben_j, Jan 28, 2016, 00:30

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Stefan on Sep 26, 2023, 20:20
Speaking of Soulwax, they just announced some tour dates:

Please log in to view this attachment.

Roundhouse in London sounds tempting
hmmmm... maybe a new song or two will be played soon (secretly / not secretly excited to see 2manydjs this weekend at Portola)
Last Edit: Sep 27, 2023, 05:42 by rynostar
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: ThePumisher on Sep 26, 2023, 20:48
So the version i have (as mp3) is called "Hey Boy Hey Girl (Soulwax '2 Many DJ's' Remix)" and in the tags it says that it is from the Midnight Madness single. Quick look into Discogs is saying there are two versions of the MM-single that have the Soulwax-remix on it => This and this. The mp3 has a runtime of 7:08 which is 6 seconds shorter than the one behind the first link 27 seconds shorter than the one behind the second link. Yes, you are right, the version from the Surrender Anniversary Edition is the one with original vocal sample, and because i only own this version of the MM-single i can't check what version is on the other two single-releases + i have no idea where i have that remix from. The remix itself doesn't sound like the begining or the end are edited.

Well you may have to share your 7:08 edit with us!

I've got this official CDr of the track. It has the original lyrics so I think it's the same as the Surrender20 version. The tracklist says 7:15 but the CD player says 7:14.
I've also just whacked the (bootleg) Most Of The Other Remixes CD into my stereo and that too has the 'normal' lyrics.
If I were a betting man, I'd bet that the 7:35 time on your Astralwerks CDr link is a mistake.

Oh and somewhere in my sprawling CD collection I have the Mixmag Part Of NYE Never Dies mix. Now that does have your "2ManyDJs" lyrics in it, but it's not the full track. Discogs says you get 2:44 of the track here, although I reckon it's more like 3:54. You can listen below. Also I note there are some additional sounds spliced in from about 1:29 onwards. I wonder if that's the same as yours? I suspect your version came from a Soulwax source, or alternatively: someone took this Mixmag version and spliced it with the original to make a (more or less) "full length" version of 7:08.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

new tour! heck yes! god I don't think I've seen them since... 2008? 

I know this is just a European tour so far but they've always been favorable to US appearances. consider my hopes up.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Sep 26, 2023, 23:03
Well you may have to share your 7:08 edit with us!

no idea, no idea

Well thanks for that Pum. After my last post above, my thoughts were that the only place I've ever heard the "altered vocal" version of HBHG is on the above Mixmag CD. Your version certainly sounds very "clean" i.e. it hasn't obviously bastardized the Mixmag version.

I note in the properties of the file it says: Encoded by: iTunes v7.7.1.11. But I guess it would be an M4A file if you had got it from iTunes, so I'm probably not helping.

Regarding the track length, the first "Hey Girl" in the Surrender20 version is around 0.39 secs. Here, the first "Hey Girl" is around 0.32 secs, so I guess that's the difference in runtime accounted for.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Really hoping I get to see 2ManyDjs or Soulwax at some point in the future! They are the group I want to see most, next to the Chems. I think I'd cry if I got to see the Chems with 2ManyDjs opening.
GOODBYE, AND THANKS TO ALL OF YOU

Saw them in Cardiff before the Chems came on. Shame that the London dates have been sold out and it'll most likely be hell trying to find resale tickets, but I'm not too bothered. Definitely worth seeing them in you've got the chance, though!
"I'm fucking allergic to feathers, you cunts"

2manydjs Mini Portola review
HOLY SHIT!
I haven't peaked like that for years.
Full on bang session every track.
Everyone around me in synch. Even the three small south Asian girls who I didn't expect to, they brought it.
No ear protection here please. I need full force.
I'm in time for (almost) all.
Screens don't work for five minutes. That's okay, I don't need them to bang.
"Stooges/Dog" worried I'm only one going off. See a few others, but skepti...
"New song?/def jam beastie" Bring the Bass and the crowd!!!! Arrival happened and it's glorious.
"I Need Someone" synch with pink bucket bro.
"Vroom/Ferrari record" "Tiga/Hudson Mohawke" remember later.
"Pump Up The Jam" remix was cheese that I can finally enjoy.
Never knew "Voulez Vouz" would be needed in my life.
Wetleg, you are now appreciated.
"Work it" was up to the sky on different levels.
"Cliche" drop 1...whoops ryno, try again. Drop 2, Perfect Landing with the bag thumb holds into pogo spins in line with the revelers. Best drop of weekend.
"Tequila" you made me dance like my dad in his uni days. Well played.
Last Edit: Oct 03, 2023, 15:40 by rynostar
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly