I Wanna Go Where No One Goes

What's your favourite opening live track ?

Started by Ben_j, Jun 19, 2016, 16:50

Previous topic - Next topic
Here are the tracks that were used as opening tracks in live sets : (correct me if I missed some)

Dust up Beats (1995, 1996)
Loops of Fury (1997)
Hey Boy Hey Girl (1999, 2000, 2004, 2011, 2015)
Come With Us (2002)
Galvanize (2005, 2007, 2008)
Wonders of the Deep (2005)
Snow (2010)
Another World (2011, 2012)
Sometimes I Feel So Deserted (2016)

How do you rank them as opening live tracks ?
Last Edit: Jun 19, 2016, 16:52 by Ben_j

Here's mine

1. Come With Us
2. Galvanize (2007 version especially)
3. Wonders of the Deep
4. Hey Boy Hey Girl
5. Another World
6. SIFSD
7. Snow
8. Loops of Fury
9. Dust up Beats

Only had the chance to hear 5 of them :
1 - Galvanize
2 - Another world (with the nice arp introducing do it again)
3 - Snow
4 - SIFSD
5 - Hey boy hey girl

I never heard it myself, but Come With Us would be my top choice. No question.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

My first concert was in 2007, and one of the most distinct memories I have was the kick drum hitting on Galvanize, it felt like a defibrillator... Precious memories.

I think it's the best since it's slower (don't want to start too fast), it's a famous one and it engages the audience. Also, lyrics make it a good opener.

and C.H.E.M.I.C.A.L.?
I CAN'T SEEM TO SHAKE THIS FEELING
I CAN'T SEEM TO PUT IT DOWN,DOWN,DOWN,DOWN...

AND SNOW? (2010)
and Block Rockin' Beats (1996)
Last Edit: Jun 22, 2016, 08:00 by NiCk.Dj

Quote from: NiCk.Dj on Jun 22, 2016, 07:52

and C.H.E.M.I.C.A.L.?
Never used in a live set, only DJ Set
Quote from: NiCk.Dj on Jun 22, 2016, 07:55

AND SNOW? (2010)
and Block Rockin' Beats (1996)
Snow is there, BRB was never used as an opener as far as I know

Quote from: Biff on Jun 21, 2016, 23:28

My first concert was in 2007, and one of the most distinct memories I have was the kick drum hitting on Galvanize, it felt like a defibrillator... Precious memories.

I think it's the best since it's slower (don't want to start too fast), it's a famous one and it engages the audience. Also, lyrics make it a good opener.

Yeah, I have the same memories ! The kick kicking in at 3:40 in that video :o

Last Edit: Jun 22, 2016, 12:06 by Ben_j

Same memory here too. I didn't know you back then BenJ!

Love the acidish synth that introduce Galvanize too. That was pretty intense to experience!

BRB was used as an opener in Lollipop 1996-1997

Galvanize as it was the first one I saw in 2007
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: NiCk.Dj on Jun 22, 2016, 15:32

BRB was used as an opener in Lollipop 1996-1997
Nope, Dust up Beats in 1996 and Loops of Fury in 1997

I thought I'd say why too:

Hey Boy Hey Girl (1999/2000) - This was my first experience with them and I just finished high school the previous year and it was also there first time in Australia. Not just because of that but the fact they took the song somewhere else and gave it a life of its own in a live format by really extending and giving the hypnotic synth sounds a good run aswell.

Come With Us (2002) - I didn't think they could top HBHG as an opener but this one had concert opener all over it even when you heard it for the first time on the album. need I say more. everything we love about chems trademarks are in this song pumped to 11. And the sound system I heard that on did it justice too all from another innovative tour. Gets the adrenaline pumping.

Sometimes I Feel So Deserted (2016) - Surprised they didn't start with this from the get go but might because those first tours were more promo type ones with Apple etc giving 'the classic hits' more limelight. Glad they kept the nice integration into something old skool like chemical beats straight after, that a statement in itself. making that sound fresh again. A good punch in the face to get you into it straight away with a crazy build up too. Haven't experienced it live but from what I've seen and heard its won me over.

Galvanize (2005, 2007, 2008) - this won has worked well cause the live version of this song slowly builds to something more chaotic with the new synth arpeggio added and the heavier beats in that track used more, getting in the mood for whats to come. I thought maybe they could've used more vocals or played with them a bit more, some middle parts of the song sounded a bit empty.

Snow (2010) - much like the 'tomorrow never knows' cover loop beforehand, this washes over you and slowly creeps up on you gives you goosebumps for whats about to occur taking its time but still getting you hooked.

Dust up Beats (1995, 1996)
Loops of Fury (1997) - These were appropriate for the time early in there career doing more club shows and would be cool in that environment. Having said that it would be a nice surprise if they brought them out again in a altered way or something

Another World (2011, 2012)
Wonders of the Deep (2005) - Similar reason to Snow but maybe Snow is the preferred option for that vibe. (not saying these songs aren't good they're amazing maybe more in the middle or at end like Wonders of the Deep was too.
Last Edit: Jun 23, 2016, 11:47 by MIKL
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...