Love Is All

Why does Tom wear orange tinted glasses?

Started by orangewedge99, Sep 06, 2016, 06:32

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey Chemmunity,

now this might be a stupid question, but it stuck in my head for quite a long time.
Why is Tom wearing yellow tinted glasses? Has he said anything about it in interviews?
Why does he prefer wearing orange tinted glasses instead of normal lenses? He's wearing them since the 90's or even longer. Over the time he wore various different glasses with different frames, but the lenses were always yellow/orange tinted. ;D

This is something that I would really like to know! :D
Last Edit: Sep 06, 2016, 06:39 by orangewedge99
So let your body rock...

Only 90s kids would understand.
Never for money, always for love.

Shitty joke about tinted glasses being popular in the 90s.

I have no idea why he likes them. Tinted glasses are cool, yo.

Photochromic tinted glasses with polarized coating are really cool. I have one of this.
But just tinted glasses, hmm, i don't know..
Hi Kevin!

Bikers wearing them a lot because you can see irregularities on the ground much much better.
Maybe Tom needs them so he can see the billions of knobs in front of him more easy
no idea, no idea

I do know yellow glasses are sometimes reccomended for frequent computer users. Filters out the "harsher" blue light from screens, I've seen them advertised as 'gamer glasses'.

Haha, nineties stuff :D. Well, I also don't know why Tom wears them but I can imagine why it is so likeable. I also prefer redish/ orange or brownish tints for my sunglasses. It makes everything more saturated and warm looking. The blue sky appears bluer and the grass looks greener which makes me feel happy on a bright sunny day. I can't stand dark sunglasses as they make everything look sort of depressing :)

Maybe Tom has a condition with his eyes too, as he wears them indoors as well.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: ThePumisher on Sep 07, 2016, 12:10

Bikers wearing them a lot because you can see irregularities on the ground much much better.
Maybe Tom needs them so he can see the billions of knobs in front of him more easy

more like more buttons and dials than all the planes at heathrow airport put together

anyhow i have a bit of a theory in that the yellow helps prevent glare bit like how flux does with a computer
tom, ed can i meet you? please?