Gotta Keep On (Make Me High)
Eve Of Destruction
something else / previously unknown
Dope Coil [Version]
Free Yourself
We have a winner from the poll:

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Aug 16, 2018, 16:04

https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/1030121225044013056

Didn't embed because: emojis. It says radio interview with Ed.

"Free Yourself" (out in september)
no idea, no idea

Nothing like a totally inconspicuous untranslated interview to break the news  ::)

seriously though, SEPTEMBER!!!

Set me free why don't you...

And when it comes out the Chems can say: I knew you were waiting.
RIP Aretha

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: neorev on Aug 16, 2018, 19:42

And album next year

whoa whoa whooooooooa! big gap between sept and jan!

album gotta be sooner than that

EDIT: just read the other thread. ed says its due next year! makes sense because after this tour is over this year, off to the studio they go..
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: neorev on Aug 16, 2018, 19:42

And album next year

Here comes the Coachella rumors...

I'm curious if the interest from both parties has wavered though. It will be the 20 Year anniversary of Coachella, and The Chemical Brothers were on the original lineup. So I don't know if that means anything...

The single North American date in Mexico this November is still super strange.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jul 15, 2018, 21:35

I'm still trying to figure out what the robot voice is saying! There's another voice in there singing 'gotta find a friend so let me be' Is that Aurora or another singer?

Do you mean the more robot male voice that raps a couple of verses 33seconds in after Aurora's robot voice says 'Eve of Destruction'? Can't understand all of it but sounds like in second verse of his the last 2 words are 'is justified' and the first verse is something rhymes like signified.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Quote from: MIKL on Aug 18, 2018, 11:11

Do you mean the more robot male voice that raps a couple of verses 33seconds in after Aurora's robot voice says 'Eve of Destruction'? Can't understand all of it but sounds like in second verse of his the last 2 words are 'is justified' and the first verse is something rhymes like signified.

UPDATE on lyrics:

Just listened to it again and the last verse of the mysterious robot rapper is 'sacrifice is justified'

Quote from: hstn on Mar 08, 2018, 02:21

Eve Of Destruction here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/110uhJIYNjsTSLqb8tOp1SzfL3C2V6o3x/view?usp=sharing

A well deserved bump from March! I now anticipate some changes when it gets played again on the 2019 tour.

My bad! See next post!
Last Edit: Jan 24, 2019, 19:25 by inchemwetrust

Last Edit: Jan 24, 2019, 19:53 by inchemwetrust

The Eve of Destruction... now shazamable...

Should be released quite soon. Album information on shazam is NO GEOGRAPHY.
Full album announcement with artwork and tracklist should be coming quite soon...

So let your body rock...

Nice work Orangewedge99.

and on that note, I tried shazaming the mystery tune from the Lauren Laverne show again, and it has a new match.

We've Got to Try - 'No Geography' - The Chemical Brothers

Edit: 'Gotta Keep On', not shazamble...
Last Edit: Jan 24, 2019, 22:31 by Bosco

Woah really!? That's very cool detective work.

Well done, team.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

ok lets see...

FY....sept 2018
MAH...early jan 2019
GTKO....late jan 2019

Album release is in April,so maybe a good chance that EVE is coming(predicting a mid march release!)

Regarding esports and online streamers...

::)

Guys, I like video games but the success of networked competitive gaming, and turning video games into a streaming event which then turns video game streaming hosts into celebrity, makes me sick. I suppose this is one of those "old man yells at cloud" moments...

Anyway... Yaah! New Track! Looks like Inchem was on the money on his prediction.
Last Edit: Mar 03, 2019, 22:49 by Bosco

That's E Sports? I thought it was a nightclub! (I think this is the eye-roll you were looking for Bosco.)

Shouldn't this really be called the premiere-apart-from-the-times-the-chems-played-it-on-their-2017-DJ tour?

I'm not sure there's enough time for us Chems fans to rush to Poland in order to experience this sort-of-premiere tonight. But if it involves dancing in a big Tron grid it might be worth the effort.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Umm... You guys... I'm pretty sure my brother is there right now. I just messaged him. He's in Poland for a CS:GO tournament, which I think is the same thing.

The logo at the bottom by the Virgin one is for a team called Fnatic. They're a EU team. I know them from competitive League of Legends, where they reached the final of the World Championship last year (I know Bosco, I'm the problem).

I'm honestly pretty giddy at the connection. I've gotten really into eSports over the last year, following my team getting all the way to semis at the World Championship from a gauntlet run after we were knocked out of a spot in the summer split.

The Fnatic team, just for a little bit of largely unwanted information, are currently having a terrible time in the EU championship. They had, what many now consider, the best mid-laner in the world on their team, but he left to another team who has been completely stomping this split. So they're in the pits. And having lost the top performer (who I really enjoyed watching) I have to say it's been pretty fun seeing them loose. They have a super cocky team member who is always claiming he is a world champion and that he works harder than everyone else but then he shits the bed when it comes down to it. He's outclassed. Anywho, just a little aside.

What is it that makes you feel sick about people becoming popular as a result of their streaming personality, Bosco? I know there are a lot of pretty gross, mean, toxic people who unfortunately gain a following as a result of them streaming a popular game, but there's also a whole tonne of really talented, nice, entertaining streamers who provide hours of content for free (assuming you don't pay them anything, which I don't). I watch one of the guys on my favourite team, Cloud 9, stream almost every night. For multiple hours. He's fun. Super good at the game. And there's something about watching something in real time that feels super connecting for me. I don't know, maybe I'm just a boring loser. But I look forward to games every weekend, watch people stream throughout the week, and play the game when I have time at home. I think I said before, it's like being able to watch a match/game of your favourite sport, every hour. Basically non-stop if you really want.

Thems me thoughts anyway.

Pretty sure my brother is asleep but I'm trying to reach him to find out if he heard it.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Bosco on Mar 03, 2019, 21:07

Regarding esports and online streamers...

::)

Guys, I like video games but the success of networked competitive gaming, and turning video games into a streaming event which then turns video game streaming hosts into celebrity, makes me sick. I suppose this is one of those "old man yells at cloud" moments...

If you like some street art. Theres a self proclaimed 'meme street artist' from OZ who takes the piss out of popular culture and internet culture whenever he can. He was invited by Banksy to contribute to his Dismaland exhibit. This pewdiepie guy who has a ridiculous amount of online popularity and is a gamer. This is what humanity's culture has come to.
Last Edit: Mar 04, 2019, 11:28 by MIKL