Come With Us

For That Beautiful Feeling (XDUST12)

Started by ThePumisher, Aug 27, 2021, 21:44

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Stefan on Jun 22, 2023, 08:41
Glastonbury ist often recorded, but I guess that's not the case for DJ sets?
Yeah I kinda rambled on about that in my opening post for Glasto '22 here, which has now morphed into the thread for Glasto '23. But what I didn't mention is that DJ sets at festivals are sometimes recorded by BBC Radio/BBC Sounds. They then suddenly pop up a week or two later, either on the website/app or as part of Pete Tong's show, or part of a 6 Music "festival special". However DJ sets may be edited down from two hours to one hour.

I listen to a lot of Radio 1 and 6 Music dance shows on the BBC Sounds app, so obviously I'll keep an eye out after Glastonbury is over. I guess the Chems would tell us on SM too.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

A recording of a DJ set would be awesome!

We could more closely inspect for new Chems and maybe even make a setlist! And the Chems DJ sets have introduced me to several amazing songs and artists, I would want it honestly just to find some new awesome songs if nothing else.
GOODBYE, AND THANKS TO ALL OF YOU

"Woo Suicide" sample at 1:16
The lyric actually goes... "Say woo! It's too hot. Say woo! it's a sure shot"

The "I wanna rock with you" lyric is also from this song.
Last Edit: Jun 25, 2023, 23:49 by neorev

Quote from: neorev on Jun 25, 2023, 23:10
"Woo Suicide" sample at 1:16
The lyric actually goes... "Say woo! It's too hot. Say woo! it's a sure shot"

I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THIS TRACK!!! 

Hearing this is so surreal and cool, reminding me of when the No Reason sample was found!  :partyG :luv

Quote from: ; on Jun 25, 2023, 23:35
I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THIS TRACK!!!

Hearing this is so surreal and cool, reminding me of when the No Reason sample was found!  :partyG :luv
I saw folks were still trying to figure out the lyrics in the Glastonbury thread. I watched that 12 minute video of their DJ set from Friday and heard the woo sure shot part, but thought I also heard the word hot. So I Googled "woo sure shot hot lyrics" and found this Xanadu song several links down. 

Nice find! So Pumisher and Gavin heard correctly and I googled a completely wrong song

I think we can also file this under "highly likely"

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on May 15, 2023, 19:38
9 ) Nope (and I think you know it Pumisher!)
So, with Superflash getting a physical release...
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jun 28, 2023, 10:24
So, with Superflash getting a physical release...
Then it's definitely not going to be on the album! It's an exclusive item to go with the book isn't it?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Japan exclusive bonus track or iTunes USA exclusive?

edit: is the itunes store still a thing? or is it just apple music today?
no idea, no idea

Announcement imminent ??
Web store (error) message

#watchthisspace 🤔

Please log in to view this attachment.

Please log in to view this attachment.
Last Edit: Jul 14, 2023, 23:17 by Csar

Quote from: whitelabel84 on Jul 13, 2023, 04:34
Announcement imminent ??

Gotta be. I look forward to a change of thread title away from Not Final Artwork.

https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/1679952559132364807
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jul 14, 2023, 21:25
Gotta be. I look forward to a change of thread title away from Not Final Artwork.

I'll miss that name... and probably always jokingly refer to it as such.

I might me looking a little too deeply into nothing, but I think the fact the discussion thread about the new album on the official Chems forum is named after a joke title that fans lovingly gave it is hugely representative of how awesome and down to Earth this fanbase (and the Chems themselves!) really is. Not afraid to get a little silly from time to time. And the type to take a joke and run with it (looking at you, Jerk Chicken). 

No Reason will always be Woo Track, Live Again will always be Warped Pop/Reflexion 2.0, BBSG (whatever it ends up being) will always be BBSG, and Rock Witchu (if it comes out (hopefully soon!)) will always be Rock Witchu, etc.

I'll be refreshing SACEM and the chems music page frequently!

Looks like we'll get a proper music video for Live Again together with the official album announcement

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jul 14, 2023, 21:25
Boombox looks to be a Philips D8134, with either a custom made "dancing" decibel equalizer meter or just a computer generated overlay.

I could totally see them doing a novelty thing and adding a limited run of cassette tapes for the new album.
Last Edit: Jul 16, 2023, 01:12 by Bosco

Quote from: ; on Jul 15, 2023, 00:07
I think the fact the discussion thread about the new album on the official Chems forum is named after a joke title that fans lovingly gave it is hugely representative of how awesome and down to Earth this fanbase (and the Chems themselves!) really is.

can we make special limited edition "not final artwork" shirts?

And the email blast that just went out has a countdown for Wednesday with the following copy.

New video and album news coming this Wednesday...

tried to upload the gif of boombox as well, but file size was too large
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

It interests me that they've been so forthright about the existence of a new album without ever (until this Wednesday, it appears) ever just coming out and saying anything about it. Part of it might be - as has been speculated - that they initially planned to get it out sometime earlier in the year and were only partially able to slow the promotional gears once they decided to give it more time in the oven, but the fact that they're announcing the announcement like this also makes me wonder if there could be something to it that makes it a surprise above and beyond the confirmed details of a new Chems record? idk, just putting a pin in that.
Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 17, 2019, 20:16

I need the Miguel version of the album