Further

For That Beautiful Feeling (XDUST12)

Started by ThePumisher, Aug 27, 2021, 21:44

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: whirlygirl on Jul 19, 2023, 13:25
What a beautiful day to hear about For That Beautiful Feeling!  :luv
It's mornin' time!

Oh also: Bundles...that cost bundles!

CD tracklisting is the same as the Insta post. Trying to see if there's an expanded tracklisting for other formats but so far no joy.
I always want more...

EDIT
Track timings on the 2LP + Hoodie listing:

Side A
01_Intro 1:09
02_Live Again 5:10
03_No Reason 4:52
04_Goodbye 5:50

Side B
01_Fountains 3:45
02_Magic Wand 2:27
03_The Weight 3:43

Side C
01_Skipping Like A Stone 4:41
02_The Darkness That You Fear 3:44

Side D
01_Feels Like I Am Dreaming 6:58
02_For That Beautiful Feeling 4:14

I like the fact that the T-shirt & Hoodie doesn't scream Chemcial Brothers. I always feel that a band should pay me to advertise their name. Just the artwork: That's all I want from a band Tee.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

i love that this video can be just played on a loop. every time i hear this song i want to play it again—just need an extended cut video..

really liking the artwork and the vibe of everything so far..

and even if i want more new content, very happy to see tdtyf on the album..the feel of this album makes me think this could be the most accomplished, musically-mature chems album yet
Eight or over.

For the non-social media users

The cover looks, well, interesting...
Last Edit: Jul 19, 2023, 17:37 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jul 19, 2023, 13:31
Oh also: Bundles...that cost bundles!
yet we haven't quite any choice now have we
Eight or over.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jul 19, 2023, 13:09
New mix of TDTYF?
Will be interesting how different it will be from the "original" mix.
No sign of All Of A Sudden. Could still be a bonus track though?
This is a good sign!

Quote from: GLAKO-FAHN on Jul 19, 2023, 13:33
yet we haven't quite any choice now have we
Undecided yet. CD or cassette, what will it be?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

What else can I say? 
I can't wait FOR THAT BEAUTIFUL FEELING to come <3 

42 days from now isn't that far to be honest <3 

Also I'm really surprised that we've actually got the alt mix of The Darkness, I'm really ok with that. 
I just wonder what happened to "Rock Witchu" does it appear under the different name, or will it be avalible as the bonus for japan, or something like that
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Just listened to both "Live Again" and "No Reason" from the album version on Apple Music... check it out... both have some surprises.

What track do you think will be the Big Beat Space Gospel?
I'm thinking it'll be "Goodbye" (because of the 'Till we meet again sample).
I seriously hope they won't pull a Superflash where they DJ and play the song live and then hide it behind the couch.

Quote from: mesamm99 on Jul 19, 2023, 14:00
Just listened to both "Live Again" and "No Reason" from the album version on Apple Music... check it out... both have some surprises.

Interesting. For the non-Apple Music folk, can you give us a hint? 

Anything along the lines of the higher key acid breakdown that they use in the live rendition of No Reason?

Personally, I'm hoping Live Again transitions into No Reason, as they sound awkward alongside each other in isolation.

LIVE: Wolverhampton Civic 2005; V Festival 2005; Creamfields 2007; Aintree Pavilion 2007;  Roundhouse 2010; Hammersmith Apollo 2016; Utilita Arena Birmingham 2019; Field Day 2022
DJ: Fabric 2009; Warehouse Project 2012

Transition into No Reason... and a little fun extra 30ish seconds at the end of No Reason... assuming it transitions into the next track. I would imagine it's on Spotify as well.... but have not confirmed yet.

Wow, no topic yet? Well, let's get started on all comments For thst beautifull feeling.

So I guess there are 4 tracks we have heard already, curveball being the Harvest remix of TDTYF.

Pretty excited, very colourfull artwork. I think it's going to be a happy album.

I am surprised by the prices of the album. £ 60/€ 70 the 3LP is a lot, especialy after spending £ 130 on the book. It seems to be a nice album though as much of the album description goes into detailing package.

What are your thoughts?

Chembase Annotation: Merged posts due to board renaming which made it briefly invisible.
Last Edit: Jul 19, 2023, 17:36 by Csar Reason: Moved post: Csar noob renamed board and forgot to make it visible

Delete this!

Edit: @Csar didn't know it was briefly gone !t didn't show up and all Joslyn made a new one!

Since I'm editing, is this a first for the Chems to have the first track called 'Intro'?

The video! I get some little LFB vibes from it, but overall like the cgi bg changing up everytime he dancer gets out of the trailer. She's flexible!
Last Edit: Jul 19, 2023, 17:25 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jul 19, 2023, 13:31
01_Intro 1:09
I'm actually amazed that T&E have never used "Intro" as the start of an album in the past. We had "No Path To Follow" on WATN as an "intro", but never a track simply title "Intro".

Also,

Not Final Artwork is dead. Long Live Final Artwork: For That Beautiful Feeling.
Last Edit: Jul 19, 2023, 18:11 by rynostar
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Beck back already? I would have lost money on that.
New mix of TDTYF? I would have won money on that.
No sign of All Of A Sudden. Could still be a bonus track though?

T&E at 2:48 in the video

I'm vaguely reminded of the Midnite Madness vid. Solo dancer with shiny clothing..
Maybe a little bit of Let Forever Be too - with the changing scenery.

Track 4: Goodbye must be Big Beat Space Gospel.
Yep! My bingo card did not have BECK on there! Very surprised!

@2:48! I saw the vid like 3 times and I still missed it lol! And I just got my glasses yesterday.  :))

The 3LP version has a poster? Needs more goodies for me to drop money on that but will take the usual 2LP. But the artwork is vastly WAY different then what we usually see from their album covers.

Sept 8 is closer than we think!

Good to be excited again for the new album
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Where's Ellie gone?  :o  :(

Maybe the vocals "Feels like i'm dreaming" are just a sample from somewhere she said/scream/sing it (no, not featured in any Wolf Alice song), and that's why she has writing credits listed on SACEM. Like Missy Elliot on Music:Response or so.
no idea, no idea

Csar noob renamed board and forgot to make it visible
How long did it take you to realise @Csar that the rest of us couldn't see the xdust12 section?
I thought you had deleted the whole thing when you decided to update the name. I was imagining you messaging Explud, saying: "Help! I've f**king wiped it!"

Pumisher and I had a private chat about Ellie Rowsell whilst the xdust12 section was invisible. I reckon Dreaming perhaps started as a collaboration with Ellie, but by the end there was so little left of her on the track that they didn't put her as a "featuring". Either that, or what Pumisher says above.   

Quote from: mesamm99 on Jul 19, 2023, 14:56
Transition into No Reason... and a little fun extra 30ish seconds at the end of No Reason... assuming it transitions into the next track. I would imagine it's on Spotify as well.... but have not confirmed yet.
I can't find album versions of these tracks on Spotify. Happy to be told I'm wrong though.

The front sleeve artwork reminds me of something i.e a painter whose work I've seen in a gallery somewhere (Pompidou Centre?). Like a crazy painting of a field.  Don't know who though. It's twisting my melon man.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Super excited for the new Beck collaboration!

And I'm the one who predicted the cassettes, although less of a prediction and more of a music industry trend as of late. The boombox teaser for 'Live Again', triggered some kind of response... ;)

Quote from: Bosco on May 09, 2023, 01:21
Referring back to KEXP interview that Csar translated to text about "one reoccurring hero" in terms of future collaboration on new album...

Anyone have an inkling?

I want to say, Beck. I've only recently followed Beck on instagram but they (Chems HQ/ Ed/Beck) seem to "like" each others post a bit often, no? Maybe I'm looking into that too much and projecting my likings, but I think the crossover appeal is pretty strong between the two and a second collaboration would be pretty logical.

Any thoughts on someone else?

::cheers
no idea, no idea