Ouhmmmm Beya-deh. Ahhhhhh Yeah!

For That Beautiful Feeling (XDUST12)

Started by ThePumisher, Aug 27, 2021, 21:44

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jul 29, 2023, 19:27
Records take up space, they're heavy, they have issues with pressing quality/static/wear & tear, and you can't even play them on portable devices...

Okay, Zoomer!  ::)  :P

Nothing wrong with collecting tangible items, let alone pre-ordering an item in support of physical formats.  Sometimes having defects and imperfections as part of the experience is a healthy reminder that life isn't perfect.

I'm totally listening to this album on cassette tape for my first listen, and there is nothing YOU can do about it!    ::krazy

Quote from: Bosco on Jul 30, 2023, 02:35
Nothing wrong with collecting tangible items, let alone pre-ordering an item in support of physical formats. 

I note you edited the bit where I talked about getting the CD...
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Please log in to view this attachment.

Not sure if it's been posted yet, but here is the vinyl track listing / breakdown of the 3LP set 👌👌

Has anyone of you noticed this already? Apparently, if you pre-order the album as a UK resident, you might be able to partake in a prize draw.

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Champiness on Jul 26, 2023, 18:15
Was checking out my Apple Music pre-add of the record on iTunes and noticed that all of the as-yet-unplayabe songs have full "Composer" fields! Have a commitment that means I can't dig into every non-Chems person credited yet but here's a sample from "The Weight":
(I've also figured out that "The Weight" samples a song written by reggae musicians Barry Brown and Bunny Lee, if anyone wants to go rifling through their shared credits.)

these credits are up on SACEM now

THE WEIGHT
Sub-Publisher : BMG RIGHTS MANAGEMENT (FRANCE)
Publisher : BMG RIGHTS MANAGEMENT UK LIMITED, UNKNOWN PUBLISHER
Composer/Author : EL BROWN BARRINGTON MICHA, LEE EDWARD O SULLIVAN, OSTYN ROWLANDS THOMAS OWEN M, Michael B SERRETTE, MOORE WILBERT, SIMONS EDMUND JOHN, Juanita HOLLOWAY

Barrington Brown = Barry Brown
Edward Lee = Bunny Lee
Mssrs Serrette & Moore = South Bronx, with additional writing for them from Jaunita Holloway.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Listening to 6 Music right now, and Nemone did a quick preview of what to expect from her show starting in around 15min. And she said she got something completely brand new from the Brothers as part of the "Near Future" part of the show. Wonder if this is something previously unreleased or 'just' the Mara Jane Coles remix of Live Again.
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Aug 07, 2023, 09:21
Listening to 6 Music right now, and Nemone did a quick preview of what to expect from her show starting in around 15min. And she said she got something completely brand new from the Brothers as part of the "Near Future" part of the show. Wonder if this is something previously unreleased or 'just' the Mara Jane Coles remix of Live Again.
Any update? I assume your listening - i think i'm too late now
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

Jump back to 1hr,41m,28s here, where Nemone tells Lauren she has "a wondeful Maya Jane Coles remix of the Chems for the Near Future to play you later on". So I think that answers that.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

She did a small introduction to the song on what was her idea behind the way she made that remix (she wanted to keep the true essence of the song, she went for a stripped back dubby moody vibe, still maintaining that uplifting energy and build throughout the [original] track).

Here it is starting around 01:08:35 => https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001p85n
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Csar on Aug 01, 2023, 22:39
Has anyone of you noticed this already? Apparently, if you pre-order the album as a UK resident, you might be able to partake in a prize draw.

The prize draw email actually reminded me that I want to pre-order the white vinyl version with the hoodie bundle. I'm guessing the print of the hoodie is going to be roughly the same size as the prints the No Geo shirts had. Not sure why I even went for the hoodie bundle - I have waaay too many hoodies for my own liking and I'm not a big fan of the album cover in the first place, but something really drew me in. Could it be the black hoodie colour against the album cover? Could it be a completely different story when I actually see it in person and my subconscious knew that when ordering? Could it be that I'm going insane?!  
"I'm fucking allergic to feathers, you cunts"

One month to go!
Also, thanks to the team for that Countdown on the forum Startpage :)
Last Edit: Aug 08, 2023, 10:56 by Stefan

https://store.thechemicalbrothers.com/products/for-that-beautiful-feeling-collectors-edition-usb?vvsa_consumer_id=37285290&vvsa_tracking=_vvsa_Y5gUWL3C532164

USB Stick edition with bonus tracks in form of:
  • No Reason (Extended Mix)
  • Live Again (feat. Halo Maud) [Extended Mix]
  • Skipping Like A Stone (feat. Beck) [Extended Mix]
  • All Of A Sudden

I guess "Skipping Like A Stone" might be one of the singles.

Potential tracks spoilers:
    Spoiler
    Intro includes the vocals by Halo Maud, might be the elements of Live Again, might be something else, dunno.

Our sample hunt for Goodbye was all correct!

Fountains has the VOCALS SUNG BY TOM, with Halo Maud being the backing vox.

Skipping Like A Stone has backing vox by Tom & Halo Maud

The Weight appears to have the longest credit section, which makes me smile.

It seems like "Rock Witchu" isn't there, maybe it's our "I want to know"? 

All Of A Sudden is just Tom & Ed in credits, so I guess "You know, all of a Sudden it's like" might be Tom's modified voice

Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Lol,  collectors edition USB stick version?

Surely this is a joke.

I think I'll hold out for the Microchip Implant edition

Quote from: Bosco on Aug 08, 2023, 18:17
I think I'll hold out for the Microchip Implant edition
Is that the direct input version or the osmosis download version? 
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

They got me again! Very expensive year we're  having in the brotherhood
Last Edit: Aug 08, 2023, 20:11 by sneakerbeater
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

Quote from: 𝒥𝑅𝒮𝒵 on Aug 08, 2023, 17:39
https://store.thechemicalbrothers.com/products/for-that-beautiful-feeling-collectors-edition-usb?vvsa_consumer_id=37285290&vvsa_tracking=_vvsa_Y5gUWL3C532164
Where is this link from? I can't see it in the UK store.

I recall in the latter days of CD singles, I would sometimes see Top 40 singles on sale in HMV in the form of tiny USB sticks, though I never bought one. Anyone else ever bought one? And if so:  is it possible to easily take the music off the USB and then put it on other devices like your phone etc.? Or burn to a CDr (if you have a CD burner). Or is is it copy protected so that you can only play the music off the stick? I'm guessing it's in WAV format?

USB Stick edition with bonus tracks in form of:
  • No Reason (Extended Mix)
  • Live Again (feat. Halo Maud) [Extended Mix]
  • Skipping Like A Stone (feat. Beck) [Extended Mix]
  • All Of A Sudden

I guess "Skipping Like A Stone" might be one of the singles.
So "I Want To Know" remains an exclusive Japanese bonus track. All Of A Sudden is a bonus track for Japan and the USB. No Reason (Extended) and Live Again (Extended) are exclusive to the USB version. Though in the case of No Reason (Extended), it's barely worth having on the album IMHO, as it's very similar to the regular version.

Potential tracks spoilers:
Intro includes the vocals by Halo Maud, might be the elements of Live Again, might be something else, dunno.

Our sample hunt for Goodbye was all correct!

Fountains has the VOCALS SUNG BY TOM, with Halo Maud being the backing vox.

Skipping Like A Stone has backing vox by Tom & Halo Maud

The Weight appears to have the longest credit section, which makes me smile.

It seems like "Rock Witchu" isn't there, maybe it's our "I want to know"?

You just zoomed in on the liner notes for the USB in order to read the credits I presume?

Interesting note under Goodbye: "we request that the rights holder of this composition contact BMG as we have been unable to contact them despite all efforts". They also say it contains an actual sample of Good-bye by Theresa Harris and the Gene Parker Quintet. Well it can't be the vocals they sampled can it?

For The Weight we know which track by Barry Brown has been sampled now: Big Big Pollution.

For Magic Wand, the Jerome Lenoir (aka Bobby Sanders) written song that's been sampled is NOT Strung Out as I previously guessed (though I still think I found the source of the beat for It Doesn't Matter on that track), it's Nothing From Nothing by French Coffey featuring Rozlin. She actually sings "if I had a magic wand".

Quote from: rynostar on Aug 08, 2023, 19:11
Is that the direct input version or the osmosis download version?
Remember when Microsoft had the exclusive on TDTYF for their video back in 2021? Bill Gates has been working with the Chems since then on injecting music into our veins via the next Covid booster. You just have to ask For That Beautiful Feeling when you go to the (East Village) Pharmacy. Alternatively you can just sing "you should feel what I feel you should take what I take" and wink at the pharmacist.

(I cant get rid of the word "/list" at the end of this post. Something to do with the way I quoted JRSZ who used the list function, but don't try to fix it Csar. It's not worth the effort!)
Last Edit: Aug 08, 2023, 23:26 by Csar
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Did you guys also see that the USB also contains an extra chapter for "Paused In Cosmic Reflection"?

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Aug 08, 2023, 20:27
So "I Want To Know" remains an exclusive Japanese bonus track. All Of A Sudden is a bonus track for Japan and the USB. No Reason (Extended) and Live Again (Extended) are exclusive to the USB version. Though in the case of No Reason (Extended), it's barely worth having on the album IMHO, as it's very similar to the regular version.
Live Again (Extended) has already been released on streaming with the Mara Jane Coles remix of Live Again, No Reason (Extended) is already out on Soundcloud and Beatport (and it is pretty barely different, as you pointed out), All Of A Sudden had it's own release digitally, and based on this, Skipping Like A Stone will probably be a single soon and will probably also come out with an extended mix on Soundcloud and Beatport. So unless there are some differences in any of them, it doesn't seem there's anything particularly new with those. A little disappointing, but much better than nothing!

I actually think it's really cool they are releasing it in this format as well. It's really cool to have a physical object to attach to and show off that you have your favorite music, but it can get rather expensive. This is a super cool, cheap, fun option that comes with some bonus features as well. I'm glad I waited to buy the CD, because this is definitely how I'm gonna buy it!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jul 25, 2023, 10:35
At this point, Sure Shot/Rock Witchu is looking more likely to remain an unreleased DJ weapon, similar to Pumisher's Erection Song. I'm also thinking back to the Bolis Pupil track, "Teknow" which they did a radical re-work of back in 2017 (played at DJ dates: Nuits Sonores in France and Il Muretto, Jesolo, Italy). There was a lot of addtional Chemical production on that "Teknow" re-work, but it was nonetheless an unofficial re-edit and it remains unreleased.
I'm beginning to fear this too... I'm praying it's not the case, but I could see them shelfing it unfortunately. I might have to stick with my Frankenstein'd together short clip for years until they release it with their 40th anniversary sequel book...
Spoiler
Spoiler
"I Want To Know" sounds interesting but probably isn't it - there's no lyric I know of that says that in the song. There's "I want to rock with you," but I'm not sure if that's close enough. 

Since the other Japan exclusive track is All Of A Sudden, and that's already been put out as a B-Side, I'm guessing this one will probably also be put out as a B-Side to the next single. Maybe we'll get it with Skipping Like A Stone. 

It gets me thinking, where is the line between sampling, and just a remix? I viewed it, in this case, as more of a sample, but perhaps the Chems viewed it differently. Maybe they couldn't get permission to release it. 
GOODBYE, AND THANKS TO ALL OF YOU

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Aug 08, 2023, 20:27
I recall in the latter days of CD singles, I would sometimes see Top 40 singles on sale in HMV in the form of tiny USB sticks, though I never bought one. Anyone else ever bought one? And if so:  is it possible to easily take the music off the USB and then put it on other devices like your phone etc.? Or burn to a CDr (if you have a CD burner). Or is is it copy protected so that you can only play the music off the stick? I'm guessing it's in WAV format?
I bought Mr Scruff's 'Ninja Tuna' on USB back in the day. The USB stick was enclosed in a rubberized version of the fish on the front cover. It was neat! But the USB stick stopped working very soon after I got it.
And yes, you would just copy the files off the usb stick onto your computer (they'll likely be mp3s - though I guess they could be higher quality wavs?) and then import them into your music player of choice (assuming you still use one, and not Spotify like most people) or directly onto your phone.
If your computer still has a disc drive you could then burn a CD. I think copy protected mp3s are largely a thing of the past. I certainly haven't come across any issues with them with all of the files I've downloaded in the last decade.

I wish they did something a little more fun with this USB, design wise.
I do like being able to get the album onto my computer without having to illegally download it after getting no download code with my CD or Vinyl (actually, I did buy an external CD drive recently, so I'll be ripping it like the old days!) - but the extra tracks, as others have mentioned, don't really seem worth the additional format for me.

Also, an exclusive chapter of a book that already had 3 tiers of exclusivity? That's where things begin to get silly.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning