So We Rollin' With the Chemicals and We Got the New Sound

For That Beautiful Feeling (XDUST12)

Started by ThePumisher, Aug 27, 2021, 21:44

Previous topic - Next topic
"I want to know" samples Mark Snow's X-Files theme
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Enjoyed on Aug 09, 2023, 04:19
Also, an exclusive chapter of a book that already had 3 tiers of exclusivity? That's where things begin to get silly.
Ha! Good point. Now everyone jump back and read Enjoyed's full post, because it sucks when you write a thoughtful post at the bottom of a page and then the page gets turned shortly afterwards...

Oh also re: the USB tracklist, as MONO already pointed out in the No Reason thread:
Quote from: M_O_N_O on Jul 19, 2023, 20:47
The album version of 'No Reason' is 4:52 and longer than the Extended Version from Beatport (4:38)
So if you listen to the USB album as it is presented, you get the album version first, this is later followed by the extended version which is presumably shorter!

Re: Halo Maud, I guess she is this album's "Aurora". She seems to appear on 5 (five) tracks in some shape or form:
1) Intro "vocals by Halo Maud"
2) Live Again (Feat Halo Maud)
3) Fountains "backing vocals by Halo Maud"
4) Skipping Like A Stone "backing vocals by Halo Maud & Tom"
5) For That Beautiful Feeling "vocals by Halo Maud"

Quote from: ThePumisher on Aug 09, 2023, 06:43
I heard they already did a sneaky sample of that in a certain Kele Okereke collab track.

I also heard that I Want To Know samples:
Credence Clearwater Revival: Have You Ever Seen The Rain?
Abba: The Name Of The Game.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: ThePumisher on Aug 09, 2023, 06:43
What?! Where are you getting this from?

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Aug 09, 2023, 09:23
I heard they already did a sneaky sample of that in a certain Kele Okereke collab track. I also heard that I Want To Know samples: Credence Clearwater Revival: Have You Ever Seen The Rain? Abba: The Name Of The Game.
WHAT?! Collab track?! Is it already out? Where are you getting these other samples?!

I'm really hoping this track brings out the strange Chemical goodness that I love to hear. And those samples are making me feel a bit like it might...
GOODBYE, AND THANKS TO ALL OF YOU

Quote from: Bosco on Aug 08, 2023, 18:17
Surely this is a joke.
I say, as I click 'pre-order'  ::)
"I'm fucking allergic to feathers, you cunts"

Quote from: ; on Aug 09, 2023, 16:14
What?! Where are you getting this from?

it's a joke.

Im going to assume most of us know what the show (X-Files) is about, but if not, do a quick wiki to fill yourself in on the details.

Anyway... X-Files released a stand alone film "I Want to Believe", which Pumisher is making a play on. Furthermore, the statement, "I want to know/ believe ", is a general credo of the T.V./Movie series

Quote from: Bosco on Aug 09, 2023, 17:05
it's a joke. Im going to assume most of us know what the show (X-Files) is about, but if not, do a quick wiki to fill yourself in on the details. Anyway... X-Files released a stand alone film "I Want to Believe", which Pumisher is making a play on. Furthermore, the statement, "I want to know/ believe ", is a general credo of the T.V./Movie series
Ah, that makes a lot more sense! I know of the X-Files, but didn't know about that movie title, and haven't heard of those other songs you said it sampled. My apologies for my uncultured-ness!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Aug 08, 2023, 20:27
You just zoomed in on the liner notes for the USB in order to read the credits I presume?
exactly XDDD
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: ; on Aug 09, 2023, 17:32
and haven't heard of those other songs you said it sampled.
Wolkenkrabber is talking about "Believe" from Flip The Switch Push The Button, which features Kele on vocals (which are very often 'I Need You To Believe!')
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Bosco on Aug 09, 2023, 17:05
...the statement, "I want to know/ believe ", is a general credo of the T.V./Movie series

It was never "I Want To Know", it was always "I Want To Believe". Every. Single. Episode.
Unless it was different in German in which case I might forgive Pumisher...

Quote from: ThePumisher on Aug 10, 2023, 16:58
Wolkenkrabber is talking about "Believe" 
I was, but "those other songs" Mr ; was referring to were the CCR and Abba songs. Younger listeners should check 'em out!
Speaking of possible samples, have I mentioned the rumour on Facebook that "I Want To Know" actually contains a sample of one of Foreigner's best known songs? No idea which one though...

What do you mean "this is getting silly now"?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I've heard that "I Want To Know" actually, much like Fatboy Slims "Praise You," samples the 1973 Fat Albert theme!

Before we drop the X-Files angle on 'I Want to Know'...

remember, this is the A-side to 'Good-Bye':

Now, cue the Mark Snow!

First review of the album out in this month's Uncut mag.

Please log in to view this attachment.
Last Edit: Aug 14, 2023, 10:36 by Csar

Begging for Pitchfork to not touch FTBF. We don't need another lie being that WATN is a 3.8 on our hands. 
"I'm fucking allergic to feathers, you cunts"

Quote from: mesamm99 on Aug 08, 2023, 23:45
Did you guys also see that the USB also contains an extra chapter for "Paused In Cosmic Reflection"?
Quote from: Enjoyed on Aug 09, 2023, 04:19
Also, an exclusive chapter of a book that already had 3 tiers of exclusivity? That's where things begin to get silly.
This really pisses me of 😡. At least 500 people spend £ 130 for an exclusive book with all good stuff and now we have to pay an additional £ 10 to get an extra chapter to print out and add in the book? That's ridiculous and degrading for the book. 

Quote from: cowboy on Aug 14, 2023, 11:42
Begging for Pitchfork to not touch FTBF. We don't need another lie being that WATN is a 3.8 on our hands. 

3.8 was harsh, but to be fair, I don't think it's a "lie" in comparison to their other work.

WATN is not a starter album for new fans.  The score, especially in retrospect, gets that point across.

Quote from: Heads on Aug 14, 2023, 07:15
First review of the album out in this month's Uncut mag.

Please log in to view this attachment.
This makes me quite excited for Magic Wand, then! A "beautifully brooding, pitch-shifted prowl" sounds exactly what I look for in a Chems track! Very excited for that one and The Weight, Fountains will be interesting too. All of these titles sound and feel like happy Chems songs, but I love me some brooding. 

Quote from: cowboy on Aug 14, 2023, 11:42
Lol, right? I am squarely in the pro-We Are The Night camp, and that scathing, low score had my panties all bunched up for days, haha

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

3.8 out of 10????????????
I'd be scared to know what counts as good music for that particular reviewer.

Quote from: Stefan on Aug 15, 2023, 06:39
3.8 out of 10????????????
I'd be scared to know what counts as good music for that particular reviewer.
Apparently slightly later Chemical Brothers records, lol
Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 17, 2019, 20:16

I need the Miguel version of the album

That disparity is wild.
Did he maybe put WATN on backwards? Were his headphones or speakers broken??
Was there a mixup and the sleeve contained not the Chems album but the soundtrack to this German movie?
Last Edit: Aug 16, 2023, 06:23 by Stefan