Don't Think Just Let It Flow

For That Beautiful Feeling (XDUST12)

Started by ThePumisher, Aug 27, 2021, 21:44

Previous topic - Next topic
OT: Here is the original thread on Twitter, where I read about Taylor Swift's re-recordings for the first time:
https://twitter.com/ThatsMauvelous/status/1380572708879089674

Quote from: Csar on Aug 31, 2023, 10:43
Can anyone help me here?
Also: I, additionally, was alluding to the special deluxe iTunes version of Further that tied into some short-lived "DVD album" initiative where you could click on an item in your library and open up a menu with options to play all the music videos, along with a button that promised in the future to provide access to unmixed versions of the songs - which never became active. We've been intermittently complaining about this fact on here ever since.
Last Edit: Sep 01, 2023, 21:25 by Champiness
Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 17, 2019, 20:16

I need the Miguel version of the album

Quote from: Champiness on Aug 31, 2023, 18:20
Also: I, personally, was alluding to the special deluxe iTunes version of Further
Fun reminder that the Chems also gave away iPads as part of the promotion of Further!

I guess the Chems have had something with Apple for a while now.
GOODBYE, AND THANKS TO ALL OF YOU

Please log in to view this attachment.

That's right, just one week to go!

Anyone else get this mail?

no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Sep 01, 2023, 11:00
Yup, voted for Goodbye
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

With the album being so close, I'm pretty indifferent as to what teaser we'll get next week.

I want it all (of course) but will take any preview offered! I voted for Goodbye, maybe it was peer pressure as it has the highest votes at the moment, lol Gah!! Release day is getting sooooooo close!  :music
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: Stefan on Aug 31, 2023, 11:24
there's some fun legal stuff where the new owner now has the rights to the records, but not the rights to the songs themselves
yeah, there's a difference between a recording and a song. when we buy a record or stream it we're actually obtaining a copy of the recording, and the owner of that recording is who gets our money. they may have some agreement to share some of that profit with the original songwriters and/or performers, but that's between them.

Taylor has the rights to the new recordings and the previous folk retain the rights to the old recordings. who gets paid now depends on which recordings are streamed or purchased.

Quote from: Stefan on Aug 31, 2023, 16:22
OT: Here is the original thread on Twitter, where I read about Taylor Swift's re-recordings for the first time:
https://twitter.com/ThatsMauvelous/status/1380572708879089674
this is a great thread.

and... I'll get back on topic now.  :))

Quote from: ThePumisher on Sep 01, 2023, 11:00
I voted for "For That Beautiful Feeling" - It just felt right.

I won't be listening to any previews THIS close to release.

So, if anyone wants me to vote for something in particular, I will be taking donations to my PayPal account.

Joking of course, and happy to vote with a consensus!
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Just did my preorder for the vinyl and cd at my record store. Gonna use a sick day for next friday and suck on an Icee while listening to 'Goodbye'

I would like to vote but I don't see 'KDB Is Godlike'!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Sep 02, 2023, 00:24
I would like to vote but I don't see 'KDB Is Godlike'!

8)
no idea, no idea

Hold tight, just six days to go!

Quote from: Stefan on Sep 02, 2023, 14:56
Hold tight, just six days to go!
So I love this South Park episode. And if it isn't common knowledge, Matt and Trey (South Park creators) bought the actual Casa Bonita restaurant they refer to in this episode.

I guess it doesn't matter much at this point, but more tracks have been listed on SACEM including a couple of instrumentals. One of which is the Japanese bonus track.

For these new listings, we already have the info from the USB tracklisting:
INTRO
FOR THAT BEAUTIFUL FEELING
FOUNTAINS
GOODBYE

But also:

I WANT TO KNOW INSTRUMENTAL VERSION
Sub-Publisher : BMG RIGHTS MANAGEMENT (FRANCE)
Publisher : BMG RIGHTS MANAGEMENT UK LIMITED
Composer/Author : OSTYN ROWLANDS THOMAS OWEN M, SIMONS EDMUND JOHN

I WANT TO KNOW
Publisher : BMG RIGHTS MANAGEMENT UK LIMITED, UNKNOWN PUBLISHER
Composer/Author : OSTYN ROWLANDS THOMAS OWEN M, SIMONS EDMUND JOHN, Stephen Jacob KEDLARCHUK

MAGIC WAND INSTRUMENTAL VERSION
Publisher : BMG RIGHTS MANAGEMENT UK LIMITED
Composer/Author : OSTYN ROWLANDS THOMAS OWEN M, SIMONS EDMUND JOHN

MAGIC WAND
Composer/Author : SANDERS BOBBY, OSTYN ROWLANDS THOMAS OWEN M, SIMONS EDMUND JOHN

So, I Want To Know contains some kind of sample from a Stephen Jacob KEDLARCHUK. I'm guessing it's a spoken word sample like Free Yourself/No Geography/Nothing But Pleasure. Mr Kedlarchuck's name doesn't come up on Discogs at all. Google offers me Ancestry dot com, but even there, it's not immediately clear who he is. The instrumental version gives him no credit.

I list the "regular" version of Magic Wand as well as the instrumental. We already know that it borrows from Nothing From Nothing by French Coffey (written by Bobby Sanders). The instrumental version doesn't credit Mr Sanders. So again here it seems no sample = no credit required.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Sep 03, 2023, 01:08
I WANT TO KNOW
Composer/Author : OSTYN ROWLANDS THOMAS OWEN M, SIMONS EDMUND JOHN, Stephen Jacob KEDLARCHUK

So, I Want To Know contains some kind of sample from a Stephen Jacob KEDLARCHUK. I'm guessing it's a spoken word sample like Free Yourself/No Geography/Nothing But Pleasure. Mr Kedlarchuck's name doesn't come up on Discogs at all. Google offers me Ancestry dot com, but even there, it's not immediately clear who he is. The instrumental version gives him no credit.

Click for Credited Source

(Jump to 1:15)

This track is part of the same compilation that "Good-Bye" can be found on.

https://tramprecords.bandcamp.com/album/single-collection-vol-14

Quote from: Bosco on Sep 03, 2023, 02:20
Click for Credited Source

(Jump to 1:15)

This track is part of the same compilation that "Good-Bye" can be found on.

https://tramprecords.bandcamp.com/album/single-collection-vol-14

Aha. Well it's 4am and I should be asleep. Is there a connection/reference to Stephen Kedlarchuk that I've not spotted?
Something here?

EDIT: Oh I see the name written on the label here. But how did you find it?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

multiple name searches... essentially hitting on Stephen "Jacob Kedlarchuk". It leads to music copyright catalog on google where his name is spelled "Steven Jacob Kedlarchuk" attached to the pseudonym "Shalynn". You can probably figure out the rest..