Started by ThePumisher, Aug 27, 2021, 21:44

Previous topic - Next topic
High Five for five Days left!

Please log in to view this attachment.

No Rock Witchu? :c  
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: actionjackson780 on Sep 03, 2023, 18:42
A short review of FTBF on the Guardian has gotten me even more excited!
Really glad there's a good few Psychedelic instrumentals on the album. That's a couple of early reviews now said that it's a largely guest free experience 😁

Just a minor point: In the top left of that article you will see "The Observer". That's the Sunday paper published by the Guardian. But confusingly, they electronically publish the Observer articles on The Guardian website.
I suspect we'll get another review of FTBF from the actual Guardian Newspaper.
They also have a US arm. Sometimes with films you'll get reviews from Guardian US, The Observer and The Guardian (UK), all on the one website.

Oh one more thing, the Guardian are very "pally" with the Chems (some of their music journos like Dorian Lynskey seem to actually be friends with T&E). I'm not sure there's ever been a bad review of the Chems in that paper. If they give the Chems a 4 star review, I might be tempted to knock a star off for bias/pallyness.

Am I being a Debbie Downer or just aiming for full disclosure? You decide.

https://twitter.com/Dorianlynskey/status/1218095601612664832
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Sep 03, 2023, 20:40
If they give the Chems a 4 star review, I might be tempted to knock a star off for bias/pallyness.

::) bruh, just listen to the album and don't worry how your opinion measures up with the media's potentially "bias" take.

Look, let's just be happy we're just 4/5 days away from their 10th studio album. The world was in an impossibly strange (largely, still is) and non-functional (also, still is) place 3 years ago. Thank goodness some of us made it this far to be a witness. If there is a positive review of chems, embrace it, and don't focus putting it through the wringer so much.

Perhaps I've been misunderstood.
When a British film gets reviewed in Brtish media and it gets 4 stars (or 2 or whatever). If I think about going to see it, then I know I have to knock a star off their review. Cos Brtish films always get an extra star from British media just for being British (smaller industry than Hollywood, offering encouragement etc).

"Don't worry how your opinion measures up with the media's" is my point. You're stealing my point!
Of course what I (we) think matters more than the media reviews. I'm simply offering a "managing expectations" POV for those tempted to get over excited by these little reviews. I'd hate to see anyone here saying "wait, I expected more" on Friday.

PS My stuff explaining how you can get three different reviews on the Guardian website goes back to Trespass Against Us(!). I remember someone here commenting on a review and saying: "We'll get another review in the Guardian next week saying something different". So I was somewhat belatedly(!) explaining why that happens. And perhaps by the time I'd finished writing all that stuff, it looked like I'm obsessed with reviews. I'm not - promise.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Sir Paul McCartney teaching us how to count the days until the new album!

I went to a golfing range today, and people must love the Chems here, because they keep shouting the number of days until the albums release! Might come back tomorrow to hear everyone yelling "THREE!"
GOODBYE, AND THANKS TO ALL OF YOU

Hopefully the people at the Chems webstore know that the Kingdom isn't EU anymore. Shipping wont be same speed as pre-brexit.
no idea, no idea

got 2 spares for rough trade east listening party tomorrow - PM me if you want them and i can transfer them otherwise i'll release to waiting list :) 
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

Three days, we're in the home stretch!

Quote from: nekoland on Sep 05, 2023, 15:38
https://s.awa.fm/album/9f9daed4023e8d6d0927?t=1693926001

!!!

Sounds like Tame Impala!
Another single? :P

played just a 5 secs, I don't want to spoil the album 
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: 𝒥𝑅𝒮𝒵 on Sep 05, 2023, 15:56
Another single? :P

played just a 5 secs, I don't want to spoil the album
It's a 30s snippet.

Quote from: nekoland on Sep 05, 2023, 16:09
It's a 30s snippet.
Yes, it is, but the whole release is listed as the digital single release and NEOREV states that it's not only listed on this one website, but on other japanese streaming platforms as well with the release date being 6.09.
As I'm writting it it's exactly 6.09 1am in Japan.
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: ThePumisher on Sep 05, 2023, 06:57
Hopefully the people at the Chems webstore know that the Kingdom isn't EU anymore. Shipping wont be same speed as pre-brexit.
Web store also added a "numbered" art print of album art.

What's really wonky is people from the US  are getting varied prices through seemingly two different ordering websites:

The Main (w/USD)-
https://store.thechemicalbrothers.com

The US link tree link-
https://thechemicalbrothersstore.com/?utm_source=Original&utm_campaign=TheChemicalBrothers20230717&utm_medium=original&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Flinktr.ee%2F&utm_board=emi-records-uk&utm_country=GB&utm_linkurl=TheChemicalBrothers.lnk.to%2FFTBF
(This might not work for all if it's auto-geolocate)

Not all items are available in both stores and some items are more expensive than others (look at price of USB, and vinyl slip mat). I'm assuming the US link tree is shipping from somewhere in US vs the main store link, but still, why should certain items be more/less expensive? Poorly monitored or poorly managed.
Last Edit: Sep 05, 2023, 17:33 by Bosco

Yes, the chemicalbrothersstore is the official US shop for their stuff. Errol confirmed this when I reached out to him about whether this site was legit - because they're using an almost identical (but crooked upon closer look) bookmark icon that caught my eye in a google sesrch. I flagged this with them and also mentioned the missing terms & conditions and /or other verifiable info to exactly prevent what you describe. Although thanking me for raising this issue, they still haven't addressed it yet.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: 𝒥𝑅𝒮𝒵 on Sep 05, 2023, 16:19
Yes, it is, but the whole release is listed as the digital single release and NEOREV states that it's not only listed on this one website, but on other japanese streaming platforms as well with the release date being 6.09.
As I'm writting it it's exactly 6.09 1am in Japan.
Yes, the full song is available digitally for sale already in Japan as they are a day ahead. 

Quote from: neorev on Sep 05, 2023, 21:45
Yes, the full song is available digitally for sale already in Japan as they are a day ahead.
And now it's also avalible here in poland, so yup, it's confirmed, we've got another single
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?