Superflash - Numéro Un, Number One

For That Beautiful Feeling (XDUST12)

Started by ThePumisher, Aug 27, 2021, 21:44

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: ThePumisher on Sep 08, 2023, 12:38
So any chance listening to "I want to know"?
Back in the BITE days I remember some of us switched our iTunes country from our actual nation over to... Japan (little flags), so we could hear a 30 sec preview of Direct Buki.
I wonder if those with an Apple Music account can also switch to Japan? If so, is "I Want To Know" even there, or is it a CD-only track at the moment?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

It's heeeeeeeeeeerrrreeeeeee

Please log in to view this attachment.

Quote from: Stefan on Sep 08, 2023, 13:27

Brother, I'd pay you to release a tutorial how to build these guys I need them in my life :) This is the best FTBF related pic I've seen so far! 
Oo-ee, bit wobbly on the old feet!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Sep 08, 2023, 13:06
Back in the BITE days I remember some of us switched our iTunes country from our actual nation over to... Japan (little flags), so we could hear a 30 sec preview of Direct Buki.
I wonder if those with an Apple Music account can also switch to Japan? If so, is "I Want To Know" even there, or is it a CD-only track at the moment?
doesn't seem to be on apple music jp

I love your robots 🤖🤖👍

Quote from: hubie on Sep 08, 2023, 12:50
Speaking of which, the standout track for me, by quite some distance, is Feels Like I Am Dreaming. Pure Chemical magic. It wouldn't feel out of place on Come With Us or maybe even Surrender.  :music

FLIAD Is one of my top 3 from the new album. I was fortunate to see it played live, so hearing it on the album for the first time was devastating.

My standout is definitely Magic Wand!

When I first heard the 'Ungh' in that track, it made me say to myself  'holy shit! ( cranks volume up)  this is serious!'
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Where did you get those robots from ? That's freaking sweet!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Sep 08, 2023, 13:58
FLIAD Is one of my top 3 from the new album. I was fortunate to see it played live, so hearing it on the album for the first time was devastating.

My standout is definitely Magic Wand!

When I first heard the 'Ungh' in that track, it made me say to myself  'holy shit! ( cranks volume up)  this is serious!'
Yeah I'm pretty sure I heard them play FLIAD when I saw them at Field Days in Vicky Park last year. I was quite, er, spangled by then, but it does ring a bell. Maybe that's why it gave me goosebumps when I first listened this morning  ;) :))

Quote from: instantreigen on Sep 08, 2023, 13:35
Brother, I'd pay you to release a tutorial how to build these guys I need them in my life :) This is the best FTBF related pic I've seen so far!
I will, I just have to finally get around to creating the instructions. I won't charge for them, though :)

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Sep 08, 2023, 14:04
Where did you get those robots from ? That's freaking sweet!
I built them myself :)
Back in 2011, to celebrate going to my first Chems show, I built a Lego version of their stage: https://www.flickr.com/photos/brainbikerider/6029783558/in/album-72157627402418250/
And in 2019, an updated version with their new synth racks and George&Mildred: https://www.flickr.com/photos/brainbikerider/albums/72157711865404103

First impression: The Chems once again managed to create a solid banger album with their distinctive signature sound, without getting repetitive.
There are lots of surprises (especially the thumping middle part with Magic Wand/The Weight), even with many of the songs already released or known through bootlegs. I love how the outro of the final song and the intro loop into each other.

dear LEGO release it as an official set!
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Is that the group SAULT who is contributing to the song "Magic Wand"? 
The voices sound familiar to my ears.

Man, shopping for a CD these days has become a pretty depressing endeavour. The local record store I wanted to support only ordered one vinyl copy and no CD - because people are rarely buying those anymore (which didn't come as a surprise but still...)
I then went to our media store. Given its colorful artwork, I thought the album shouldn't be hard to make out among others, in fact, should be shining like a beacon because it's so unique. But, har har, the physical media shelves have been so heavily reduced in size and condensed to generic labels, I just couldn't find it, walking round and round the shelves again. The LP section didn't have it either. Eventually I had to ask the staff whether they had any copy. He then walked me to a meager shelf called "clubsound samplers". WTF! And finally, there they were - all two of 'em!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Sep 08, 2023, 15:08
Man, shopping for a CD these days has become a pretty depressing endeavour. The local record store I wanted to support only ordered one vinyl copy and no CD - because people are rarely buying those anymore (which didn't come as a surprise but still...)
I then went to our media store. Given it's colorful artwork, I thought the album shouldn't be hard to make out among others, in fact, should be shining like beacon because it's so unique. But, har har, the physical media shelves have been heavily reduced in size and condensed to generic lables, I just couldn't find it, walking round and round the shelves again. The LP section didn't have it either. Eventually I had to ask the staff whether they had any copy. He then walked me to a meager shelve called "clubsound samplers". WTF! And finally, there they were - all two of 'em!
this reeks of MediaMarkt 
Oo-ee, bit wobbly on the old feet!

Is it just me or is this at least a 25% hiphop album. Love it 🤩

Quote from: instantreigen on Sep 08, 2023, 15:09
this reeks of MediaMarkt
;D
Abso-effing-lutely. For That  Bad (customer) Feeling!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Ak_30 on Sep 08, 2023, 14:59
Is that the group SAULT who is contributing to the song "Magic Wand"?
The voices sound familiar to my ears.
Not Sault (unless the vocal has been re-recorded). The answer to your question can be found here - the second embedded video in the post. Jump to about 30 seconds into the French Coffey track.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: hubie on Sep 08, 2023, 13:56
I love your robots 🤖🤖👍

Mildred-arm approved?! :D Love the tatoo!
— Aurora (The Seed)

this reeks of MediaMarkt
Quote from: Csar on Sep 08, 2023, 15:14
;D
Abso-effing-lutely. For That  Bad (customer) Feeling!
Haha, I went to Mediamarkt as well. 
 It is the most reliable store to get Chems CDs on release day (I even found the deluxe CD version of the Surrender anniversary edition back then. The only time it let me down was for the anniversary edition of DYOH).

this reeks of MediaMarkt 
MM was my place to go when buying some record in person up until they suddenly decided to completely get rid of the CD's.
I was shocked as they had a massive (as for this kind of shop) CD section, especially the one in the city centre.
But even my local, smaller one had quite impressive ammount of CD's in great prices, literally bought new, sealed copy of DYOH for 20zł (approx 4 euro!)
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?