Don't Think Just Let It Flow

For That Beautiful Feeling (XDUST12)

Started by ThePumisher, Aug 27, 2021, 21:44

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Joslyn on Sep 08, 2023, 15:12
Is it just me or is this at least a 25% hiphop album. Love it 🤩
Let me quote myself to elaborate on this. After hearing the well known first 2 (3 counting the intro) tracks I did not expect this album to sound... like this.
OK, Feels like I'm dreaming and Goodbye are pretty familiar
Spoiler
after both were partely played at the liveshow
but what bangers. Double sided EBW release please.
But the triple
Spoiler
Fountains, Magic wand and the Weight
took be back to the EPD era. It gave me a Justin Warfield vibe. Very cool and unexpected. I recommend listening to this album on headphones for the best experience.

It is not (yet) on the same level as No Geography as it lacks overall coherent and a great album ender. And it's a bit short.

Why the heck did they make the title track so short? I don't need the vocal sample repeated umpteen times at the end like in the Universe Sent Me, I want more of that track's soundscape being explored. ::yell This is criminal - just like not playing said Universe Sent Me live!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: 𝒥𝑅𝒮𝒵 on Sep 08, 2023, 20:09
Would be really thankful if you'll put the audio on google drive, or something so we could listen to it!
Will see what I can do. Probs will still be a few hours until I get home. 

Quote from: mesamm99 on Sep 08, 2023, 22:39
No prob, it would be a huge help for the non-japan community members
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

And please tell if "I Want To Know" or "All Of A Sudden" comes first in tracklist order. Universal Music is saying IWTK but CDJapan is saying the other way
no idea, no idea

Listened to it over and over again at work until lunch, immediately loved it. I was a little surprised how emotional it made me (Goodbye hit real good).

Feel Like I Am Dreaming is probably my favourite so far and such a banger, I was psyched for it after hearing it live.

We decided to go camping this weekend and playing it (reasonably) loudly in the woods is feeling kinda perfect.

You rock! Perhaps I can return the favor. I sadly couldn't get a copy of the Japan CD. I kept checking Amazon Japan since the announcement. Even learning the Japanese writing so I could enter it in the search. I also tried its catalog number. Nothing would come up. I then checked it on release day and finally a listing showed up, but says it's unavailable. 

Billboard Interview

a few interesting things like:

• "glut of music made during the pandemic, they considered assembling a triple LP, or quadruple LP"
  • motivation behind FTBF
  • difficulties with touring in America

Quote from: Bosco on Sep 09, 2023, 04:17
  • "glut of music made during the pandemic, they considered assembling a triple LP, or quadruple LP"
Let's hope they release more music they have leftover. More b-sides, please.

Quote from: ThePumisher on Sep 08, 2023, 07:16
Did they have removed this? Link gets me nowhere and searching on the app says theres no Chems on Bandcamp (except that Charlatans vs Chems EP)

Oh, and shipping isn't going on, it's just "Ready to Ship". So whatever company is doing the shiping hasn't even picket it up.
Yeah, not sure what happened. The whole Bandcamp page was pulled. I wonder if it was not actually then. But it had loads of their releases and new stuff. No clue what happened. 

Quote from: Metta on Sep 09, 2023, 03:43
Listened to it over and over again at work until lunch, immediately loved it. I was a little surprised how emotional it made me (Goodbye hit real good).

Feel Like I Am Dreaming is probably my favourite so far and such a banger, I was psyched for it after hearing it live.

We decided to go camping this weekend and playing it (reasonably) loudly in the woods is feeling kinda perfect.

This resonates. I too felt surprised at 'all the feels' I was feeling, listening to this through out today.

And how cool it will be to hear this out in the wide open! Highly recommend it!! I did that with We Are The Night years ago shortly after it was released, camping under the stars in Joshua Tree. Beautiful memory :) Hope the listen in the great outdoors is a fabulous time for you!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: Joslyn on Sep 08, 2023, 21:27
 And it's a bit short.
Quote from: actionjackson780 on Sep 08, 2023, 18:10
- I wish every song was longer

This! A lot of tracks can be fleshed out or breathe a little bit more. Once I get into the moment, the track is already over. 

My review will touch on this!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: neorev on Sep 09, 2023, 04:13
You rock! Perhaps I can return the favor. I sadly couldn't get a copy of the Japan CD. I kept checking Amazon Japan since the announcement. Even learning the Japanese writing so I could enter it in the search. I also tried its catalog number. Nothing would come up. I then checked it on release day and finally a listing showed up, but says it's unavailable.
Ended up having a way busier evening than I planned. I've been listening to the album as time allows since 6am. Needed to do a bunch of yard stuff since we are hosting a housewarming / bday party for my son and I this weekend. Loved being motivated to keep going while listening to the album. I eventually give this album a proper review. All I can say so far is that I'm in love.

I've listened to "I Want To Know" once and wanted to let it just sit for the evening and come back to it tomorrow with a fresh set of ears. It comes after "All Of A Sudden". There is a lot of familiarity in the track in that it has elements of Surrender, but with a FTBF twist. I'll get it digital and find a way to put it out there.

Reading that Billboard interview, if Chems still have loads of tracks from writing this album, they should drop an EP or two in the new year with some of the leftover tracks. Would be a shame if they just get thrown in the bin never to be heard. 

Honestly, I'm still waiting for Singles 03-23  :Cray
Oo-ee, bit wobbly on the old feet!

Quote from: instantreigen on Sep 09, 2023, 07:48
Honestly, I'm still waiting for Singles 03-23  :Cray
With plenty of "behind the couch" - tracks on disc 2. And a lot of the old Dust Brothers tunes. And the studio version of Snow/Surface.
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Sep 09, 2023, 09:03
With plenty of "behind the couch" - tracks on disc 2. And a lot of the old Dust Brothers tunes. And the studio version of Snow/Surface.
Dust Up Beats from Wipeout 2097 and Her Jazz remastered, please 

Quote from: Stefan on Sep 08, 2023, 13:27
It's heeeeeeeeeeerrrreeeeeee

Please log in to view this attachment.
Ed has put this pic on his Insta stories. Oh it's on the Chems stories too, but you gotta jump thrugh a lot of "stories".
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: neorev on Sep 09, 2023, 09:15
Dust Up Beats from Wipeout 2097
Nope, the full lenght version from the demo cassette
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Sep 09, 2023, 09:55
Nope, the full lenght version from the demo cassette
Samples will be difficult to clear I'm afraid. There's different vinyl pressings that have different versions of Dust Up Beats.

I prefer the second one