For That Beautiful Feeling

For That Beautiful Feeling (XDUST12)

Started by ThePumisher, Aug 27, 2021, 21:44

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: ILoveChemsSinceEPD on Sep 10, 2023, 20:13
Further was the last record which sent me on a musical journey.
I've enjoyed all of their work in-between, but yeah, I haven't loved a release from start to finish like this since Further hit us. And like Further, the flow from track to track is perfect.

I'll say now what I said then...someone needs to convince Tom to do several vocal tracks on every album.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Quote from: BurnerMan54 on Sep 11, 2023, 23:57
Hideo Kojima is also a fan of the album
We should ask him to show us I Want To Know!  :D

Speaking of, it seems it was played on this Japanese radio station: https://www.crossfm.co.jp/msearch/w_index.php?mode=0&page=0Please log in to view this attachment.
Last Edit: Sep 12, 2023, 00:49 by ;
GOODBYE, AND THANKS TO ALL OF YOU

Love the music but not a massive fan of the artwork. Feels a bit minimum effort given it's the tenth one?

Quote from: GlosBlue on Sep 12, 2023, 09:33
but not a massive fan of the artwork. Feels a bit minimum effort given it's the tenth one?
Hi and welcome. I initially thought so, too, when it was first revealed. But to their credit, the artwork is mostly not specifically made for the album but rather taken from a known artist, Nicholas Krushenick. This album contains works from the mid '60s and '70s. Member Bosco had found out about it and dug out some source material from this new album's era:
Given the vast body of his work, I'd argue there would have been some other prints that I'd have liked a bit more personally (f.i. I don't like the color palette for this one ). But I think it has grown on me. More than the album itself, unfortunately..
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Sep 12, 2023, 09:50
Hi and welcome. I initially thought so, too, when it was first revealed. But to their credit, the artwork is mostly not specifically made for the album but rather taken from a known artist, Nicholas Krushenick. This album contains works from the mid '60s and '70s. Member Bosco had found out about it and dug out some source material from this new album's era:
Given the vast body of his work, I'd argue there would have been some other prints that I'd have liked a bit more personally (f.i. I don't like the color palette for this one ). But I think it has grown on me. More than the album itself, unfortunately..
Thank you! I think it's just that I really like most of the other albums artwork and this didn't really hit me the same. I wouldn't put it on the wall.

Quote from: Csar on Sep 12, 2023, 09:50
But I think it has grown on me. More than the album itself, unfortunately..
Are you not giving the album 5 stars then?

Quote from: GlosBlue on Sep 12, 2023, 10:09
Thank you! I think it's just that I really like most of the other albums artwork and this didn't really hit me the same. I wouldn't put it on the wall.

Ironically, lots of galleries have put Nicholas Krushenick's stuff on the wall. Probably more so than 'regular' Chems artwork designer Kate Gibb.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Sep 12, 2023, 10:14
Always depends on the scale used ;)

Ironically, lots of galleries have put Nicholas Krushenick's stuff on the wall. Probably more so than 'regular' Chems artwork designer Kate Gibb.
Which would be a shame in my book. No, honestly, lots of these prints aren't quite my cup of tea, BUT, I have to give credit where credit is due: His style was so ahead of its time, it's really mind blowing! The first time I saw that Live Again cover, I thought it was much much more contemporary art than it turned out to be. Imagine my surprise when Bosco unearthed the artist and the time period in which lots of these were created. So Kudos to the late Mr. Krushenick!

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Seems like my order is still somewhere in the UK. Damn.
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Sep 12, 2023, 13:03
Seems like my order is still somewhere in the UK. Damn.
Same as me... The tracking page still says "Ready to Ship"

Quote from: nekoland on Sep 12, 2023, 15:45
Same as me... The tracking page still says "Ready to Ship"

likewise, damn brexit lol
Oo-ee, bit wobbly on the old feet!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Sep 08, 2023, 12:48
This would explain why, once the extended mix of Skipping Like A Stone got withdrawn from Beatport & BeatSource, it remained up on that Bandcamp page. Until now.

So what's the story with the extended mix of Skipping Like a Stone? Was it officially released on Beatport and Beatsource? I assume that's where the nefarious Bandcamp page sourced the file - but why has it been removed from the official pages? Is it to drive sales of the USB?

If it wasn't sanctioned to be uploaded to Beatport and Beatsource (hence the swift removal) how did it get out and up there in the first place?

Wow, that's a sad thought. Kate's work is stellar.

I see Kate's art and I feel... :luv
I see Krushenick's and I feel... ???  

So while the tracking page still says my order it's somewhere in the UK, it just arrived.
And if you don't have enough reasons that brexit was one of the stupiest ideas here's one more: customs... Yes, you pay customs when ordereing, but these where only the british customs. When the delivery person stands at my door they want the some more money - for german or EU customs + they want money for paying my customs in advanced. So it's additional 14,82€ for german/eu customs and 6€ for the parcel service for paying in advanced (which they called "Auslagepauschale" and there is no translation for this, that word only exist in german language).

Fun fact: I also ordered the No Reason vinyl and it has a huge sticker on it saying "made in germany". So i'm paying customs for it beeing delivered from germany to britain and back to germany.
Fun fact #2: Looking through the customs declaration it's going to be more strange because it says that the country of origin of goods is for all three pieces (for that beautiful feeling vinyl and cd, no reason vinyl) czech republic.

Edit: The FTBF-vinyl also has the made in germany sticker
Last Edit: Sep 13, 2023, 17:19 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

Yup, I got to learn about Auslagenpauschale last year when I ordered a CD from Norway. Not only was the shipment more expensive than the item itself, I, like you, was taken by surprise as well that I had to pay these €6 extra at my doorstep (€11 CD + €13 shipment + €6 annoyance fee).
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: ThePumisher on Sep 13, 2023, 16:34
So while the tracking page still says my order it's somewhere in the UK, it just arrived.

Have you waited until now to listen to the album? Even though the whole thing is streamable from the front page of this forum?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Listen to the soundcloud uploads since monday
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Sep 13, 2023, 18:01
Have you waited until now to listen to the album? Even though the whole thing is streamable from the front page of this forum?
I wouldn't want my first listen to be a compressed Soundcloud stream, personally.

I haven't listened to it from there, but I'm assuming it doesn't play back to back with 0 gaps, right? It has to load the next track. That would be a big bummer for this particular album journey.

---

I'm sorry to hear about all that annoying extra crap, Pum. I guess with the weird state that physical copies are in these days, it's probably quite difficult to plan in the same way that they used to. That said, shipping all the copies that were manufactured in CZ/DE to the UK - an island - to then have them shipped back to mainland Europe, seems pretty silly.

I'm still waiting for an email/phone call from my local store to say they have my order in. Crossing my fingers for Friday but not holding my breath at this point.

I see the white vinyl is gone from the store. Did anyone get a copy of that?
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Sep 13, 2023, 20:55
I haven't listened to it from there, but I'm assuming it doesn't play back to back with 0 gaps, right?

Yes, it has gaps, but i couldn't resist.
no idea, no idea

I also noticed that on my mobile Soundcloud would seem to add nasty glitch sounds which don't appear on desktop.
— Aurora (The Seed)