Just Remember ... to Fall In Love!

For That Beautiful Feeling (XDUST12)

Started by ThePumisher, Aug 27, 2021, 21:44

Previous topic - Next topic
i don't happen to love singles, and especially i dislike the new music culture of releasing just lots of singles over streaming and no start-to-finish records :/

personally if i'm looking forward to an album, i just don't listen to anything about it so i can experience the proper narrative flow
Eight or over.

Quote from: gfa2001 on Sep 28, 2023, 11:34
Feels like your first message you said you disliked the release method (which is standard nowadays) then afterwards you basically said you liked the build up!

Its been even worse the getting bored already for me - i first heard No Reason and Dreaming almost 2 years ago now!

I think TDTYF coming out over 3 years ? i think? ago hasn't helped
No sorry what I meant was I dislike the release method but I love the excitement of a new Chems album coming out, should have been clearer!
Wow where did you hear those 2 years ago?
Live:Point Depot Dublin 1999 Creamfields Ireland 2001 Witness Festival 2002  Marlay Park Dublin 2005 Electric Picnic 2007 Longitude Dublin 2015 Alexandra Palace 2018 3Arena Dublin 2018 Musgrave Park Cork 2023 3Arena Dublin 2023
DJ: Printworks 2022

Quote from: ThePumisher on Sep 28, 2023, 21:46
June 12th 2021
Quote from: gavin35 on Sep 29, 2023, 11:17
No sorry what I meant was I dislike the release method but I love the excitement of a new Chems album coming out, should have been clearer!
Wow where did you hear those 2 years ago?

Quote gone funny on mobile - my mistake on TDTYF release, thought it was covid summer for some reason.

Regarding hearing them 2 years ago - DJ sets
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

Dreaming, No Reason, and Live Again, and All Of A Sudden were all first heard in the 2021 DJ sets. Goodbye, as far as we know, was first heard in the 2022 DJ sets. So there were over two years between first hearing and release for Chemical fans!
GOODBYE, AND THANKS TO ALL OF YOU

Quote from: Ford on Sep 17, 2023, 15:38
Found the liner notes for Goodbye interesting - sorry if this has been mentioned before.

What's the difference between 'under licence' and 'used by permission'? Can the rights holder now ask for a princely sum for the use of their sample since the Chemical Brothers track has already been produced and distributed?

Goodbye
Written by Tom Rowlands, Ed Simons and Robert Argyrios Gantzos (BMG Rights Management (UK) Ltd, Deju Music (BMI)). Contains a sample of 'Good-bye* performed by Teresa Harris & The Gene Parker Quintet.
Under license from Tramp Records. Written by Robert Argyrios Gantzos. Published by Deju Music (BMI).
We request that the rights holder of this composition contact BMG as we were unable to contact them despite all efforts.

My understanding was that under licence is they had to pay for the sample. By permission is they asked and the original artist just let them use the sample for free. Complete guess though 
Live:Point Depot Dublin 1999 Creamfields Ireland 2001 Witness Festival 2002  Marlay Park Dublin 2005 Electric Picnic 2007 Longitude Dublin 2015 Alexandra Palace 2018 3Arena Dublin 2018 Musgrave Park Cork 2023 3Arena Dublin 2023
DJ: Printworks 2022

Not sure if this belongs in this thread, but I was doing my regular SACEM checking, and noticed quite a few changes.

Their entries have been being added and removed pretty fluidly over the last several months, so most changes weren't noteworthy or worth posting about. But there were two things that stuck out to me on this read through:

1. A LOT of Hanna soundtrack tracks were added, added with an altered title, or just added for a second time. Here are some recently added:
CONTAINER PARK WHISTLE
HANNA VS MARISSA PART 2
CHALICE 2
INTERROGATION A
INTERROGATION B
MAP SOUNDS

None of these are listed like this in the actual soundtrack; "MAP SOUNDS CHALICE 2" is there, but now there is also separately "MAP SOUNDS" and "CHALICE 2?" There's also a Hanna vs Marissa part 2 which I don't see anywhere?

There were also 3 new titles with "whistle;" "CONTAINER PARK WHISTLE," "CAMPSITE WHISTLE," and "RANGE ROVER WHISTLE." Container Park is obviously from the Hanna soundtrack, but these other two, Campsite and Range Rover, I can't find anywhere else. Anyone know anything about these? And what this added "whistle" is?

2. All of the FTBF feeling songs have been added (including The Weight which is, for some reason, just listed as "WEIGHT"), but two tracks stuck out: "I WANT TO KNOW INSTRUMENTAL VERSION" and "MAGIC WAND INSTRUMENTAL VERSION." Not only does this imply the existence of these tracks, but also that they may, at some point, be released? Not sure why else they would add them to SACEM. Also, this is a very weird choice of tracks to have instrumental versions for; not Live Again, No Reason, or Skipping Like A Stone, but the Japan exclusive track and the 2.5 minute track in the middle of the album? I'm not complaining though, these are probably my two favorite tracks from this era, so I'm glad they're getting attention, for some reason.

Also, "GUITAR TUNED TO D" has been added twice. I looked before for this track in the past, and saw it mentioned here on the forum, but can't find the track itself. Anyone have it?

It's almost a month since release and no review from Pitchfork. What gives? I don't even care if it's positive review or not, just acknowledgment to their loyal readers/viewers that FTBF exists. Same with Anthony Fantano (@theneedledrop on YouTube). These are currently two main music media presences in America. Not good.

Also, I was in Chicago (proper) over the weekend, and I checked out the highly touted local record chain 'Reckless Records' and the amount of Chemical Brothers releases was pretty dire. There was no sight of any FTBF releases and barely anything from their discography in the new and used section.  This is a problem.
Last Edit: Oct 03, 2023, 07:21 by Bosco

Quote from: ; on Sep 30, 2023, 19:03
Not sure if this belongs in this thread, but I was doing my regular SACEM checking, and noticed quite a few changes.

Their entries have been being added and removed pretty fluidly over the last several months, so most changes weren't noteworthy or worth posting about. But there were two things that stuck out to me on this read through:

1. A LOT of Hanna soundtrack tracks were added, added with an altered title, or just added for a second time. Here are some recently added:
CONTAINER PARK WHISTLE
HANNA VS MARISSA PART 2
CHALICE 2
INTERROGATION A
INTERROGATION B
MAP SOUNDS

None of these are listed like this in the actual soundtrack; "MAP SOUNDS CHALICE 2" is there, but now there is also separately "MAP SOUNDS" and "CHALICE 2?" There's also a Hanna vs Marissa part 2 which I don't see anywhere?

There were also 3 new titles with "whistle;" "CONTAINER PARK WHISTLE," "CAMPSITE WHISTLE," and "RANGE ROVER WHISTLE." Container Park is obviously from the Hanna soundtrack, but these other two, Campsite and Range Rover, I can't find anywhere else. Anyone know anything about these? And what this added "whistle" is?

2. All of the FTBF feeling songs have been added (including The Weight which is, for some reason, just listed as "WEIGHT"), but two tracks stuck out: "I WANT TO KNOW INSTRUMENTAL VERSION" and "MAGIC WAND INSTRUMENTAL VERSION." Not only does this imply the existence of these tracks, but also that they may, at some point, be released? Not sure why else they would add them to SACEM. Also, this is a very weird choice of tracks to have instrumental versions for; not Live Again, No Reason, or Skipping Like A Stone, but the Japan exclusive track and the 2.5 minute track in the middle of the album? I'm not complaining though, these are probably my two favorite tracks from this era, so I'm glad they're getting attention, for some reason.
I wonder if point 2 suggests a wider release of I want to know with the instrumental as a b side?

Surely they wouldn't release the instrumentals together as a single or something without a wider release for the original version? Or perhaps suggests an extended version or something
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

Quote from: Bosco on Oct 03, 2023, 07:01
It's almost a month since release and no review from Pitchfork. What gives? I don't even care if it's positive review or not, just acknowledgment to their loyal readers/viewers that FTBF exists. Same with Anthony Fantano (@theneedledrop on YouTube). These are currently two main music media presences in America. Not good.

Also, I was in Chicago (proper) over the weekend, and I checked out the highly touted local record chain 'Reckless Records' and the amount of Chemical Brothers releases was pretty dire. There was no sight of any FTBF releases and barely anything from their discography in the new and used
section.  This is a problem.
Hmmmm... I haven't ventured to any record stores these past two weeks so I can't speak for the Chems' inventory. But yeah, I agree this is concerning, considering the US touring viability news also... I wonder what's up? 
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

hmv has what they call an "album of the year" edition, which they describe as "exclusive limited edition white vinyl", and appears to be the same as the web store exclusive. 

https://hmv.com/store/music/vinyl/for-that-beautiful-feeling-exclusive-white-vinyl

confusing 

Quote from: shakermaker on Oct 06, 2023, 18:01
hmv has what they call an "album of the year" edition, which they describe as "exclusive limited edition white vinyl", and appears to be the same as the web store exclusive.

https://hmv.com/store/music/vinyl/for-that-beautiful-feeling-exclusive-white-vinyl

confusing

The Hmv one is whiter than white... 

whiter than the rest... 

...couldn't get much whiter

Yeah, it kinda feels like a stone!

Please log in to view this attachment.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: shakermaker on Oct 06, 2023, 18:01

confusing

It is the exact same barcode as the Chems store exclusive. 
They must of held some back for HMV 🤔 or it's getting a repress?
Also, still 'sold out' via Sound of Vinyl UK

Quote from: whitelabel84 on Oct 07, 2023, 02:29
They must of held some back for HMV 🤔 or it's getting a repress?
or they produced too much stock and need to offload it?

Quote from: shakermaker on Oct 07, 2023, 04:25
or they produced too much stock and need to offload it?
Looking at the UK album chart website, the album went into the chart at No 6 in its first week and then, dare I say...dropped like a stone. Total weeks on chart: 1.
Perhaps that's why they (temporarily) slashed prices on the webstore so soon after release.

BITE by comparison peaked at No 1 and lasted 8 weeks on the Top 100.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Oct 07, 2023, 07:56
Looking at the UK album chart website, the album went into the chart at No 6 in its first week and then, dare I say...dropped like a stone. Total weeks on chart: 1.
Perhaps that's why they (temporarily) slashed prices on the webstore so soon after release.

That's a bummer.

I'm sure Tom and Ed aren't much bothered by it, but management is probably pretty concerned.

I do wonder how far this reflects on their live act within the foreseeable future. If you don't have a popular album (especially within your home country), you're not exactly in very leverageable position to demand a headline spot anywhere of significance. That being said, they have an incredibly deep catalog and reputable record that should bypass any doubt. Weird times, and tough times.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Oct 07, 2023, 07:56
Crazy. I think this album is superior to BITE, both as a commercially viable source of chart-accessible single material and as a pleasing album for long time fans. That news sucks.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Quote from: satur8 on Oct 07, 2023, 15:34
Crazy. I think this album is superior to BITE, both as a commercially viable source of chart-accessible single material and as a pleasing album for long time fans. That news sucks.

I disagree that FTBF is more commercially viable than BITE.

BITE featured 3 notable artist at its specific time of release. Q-Tip, Beck, and St. Vincent.

Beck just off of a remarkable Grammy win for Album of The Year. St.Vincent an alt-pop indie darling, still in the apex of her career.  And finally the return of Q-Tip a beloved member of one of the most important and influential hip hop groups. A Tribe Called Quest would release their final album the following year.