Life Is Sweet

Chemicals to World (Under Social Lights)

Started by Csar, Jul 02, 2015, 20:38

Previous topic - Next topic
Maybe a world premiere on Lauren Laverne's show as part of the "while you where sleeping" tracks?
no idea, no idea

Well that pretty much confirms it 😄
Or they're taunting before having UMG wipe the floor.Please log in to view this attachment.
Last Edit: Mar 03, 2023, 23:25 by Ben_j

Quote from: Ben_j on Mar 03, 2023, 21:32
Or they're taunting before having UMG wipe the floor.Screenshot_20230303_222955.jpg
They're like "watch out the Copyrights Department has set eyes on you" ;D
Last Edit: Mar 03, 2023, 23:25 by Ben_j

Quote from: Ben_j on Mar 03, 2023, 21:32
Well that pretty much confirms it 😄
Please log in to view this attachment.
Is that the 2023 way of Tom saying "watch the skies"?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

The days of video takedowns seem to be over. Instead BenJ is a live video warrior and Tom has probably been watching...



I don't have a YT channel. Do you get notifications every time someone comments on your videos? Or when an "official" artist comments?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Oh man! The marketing team is definitely watching us now...

(Hi marketing folks! thanks for the love)

Edit: They also hit the other top listing for No Reason on Youtube today with the same "comment"

That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Mar 03, 2023, 21:50
Do you get notifications every time someone comments on your videos?

I do, that's how I noticed

The last time I received a Chems email seems to be this one [EDIT link removed as it showed my emaiL address] from 7th April 2022 Re the DYOH25 release/merch. Sent from no_reply@uk-umg.com
I get the feeling I've missed Chemical emails since then, but I don't know why.
Could hotmail/msn be chucking them into my junk folder without me realising? Of course the junk emails get automatically deleted after a few days...
I've re-registered (I think). Next time there's an email, please could someone advise? Then I can hopefully search my junk and other folders to see what's happened. Please & thank you.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Mar 04, 2023, 00:58
I get the feeling I've missed Chemical emails since then, but I don't know why.
I guess Ed had you removed from the list after you dissed one of their mixes that one time.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Mar 04, 2023, 07:08
I guess Ed had you removed from the list after you dissed one of their mixes that one time.

That would be an epic level of spite.


Wolkenkrabber, we got your back on the emails. I think the last one was about the Valentines day merch discount, which was about mid February.  I would post it, but I think I junked it (HAH!)

Quote from: Csar on Mar 04, 2023, 07:08
I guess Ed had you removed from the list after you dissed one of their mixes that one time.
Ha! The Odd Bod Distress mix. Seems an appropriate name somehow.
It wasn't exactly The Essential Mix, was it Csar?
Last Edit: Mar 05, 2023, 14:25 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Yes, I believe it was that Odd Bod mix :)
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Mar 04, 2023, 13:30
Yes, I believe it was that Odd Bod mix :)
That's not the question I asked!
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Oh, I get it now. This was another dig at the mix?! This will get you off the list once more and you're trying to drag me down with ya! *clutching my pearls* i think you're right, though
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Mar 04, 2023, 00:58
Could hotmail/msn be chucking them into my junk folder without me realising? Of course the junk emails get automatically deleted after a few days...
As a fellow (increasingly more reluctant) user of Hotmail, my experience has been that they are pretty fucking terrible at deciding what is or isn't junk. I get emails full of mixed CaPs & n0mB3rs that sit nice and pretty in my inbox, and then emails from places and businesses I follow, and frequently read emails from, that go straight to junk for whatever reason.

I'm also convinced (tin hat time) that as I'm careening towards my space limit in hotmail (96% full, thanks Microsoft!) that they are sending more and more shit my way instead of deleting it, in a bid to get me to spend actual real money on 'upgrading' my account to allow for more trash to come through.
And before y'all ask. I've had my email address for... gosh, 20 years? And there are some literally historic emails that I just can't part ways with. Old work projects, back and forths with my old label boss/manager, mp3s that Iguanapunk just used to randomly send me, and mailing list emails from bands that no longer exist.

And that's my story.

EXCITED FOR CHEMS NEWS THOUGH!!
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Csar on Mar 04, 2023, 14:16
you're trying to drag me down with ya! *clutching my pearls* i think you're right, though
Well you brought it up!


Quote from: Enjoyed on Mar 04, 2023, 20:29
I'm careening towards my space limit in hotmail (96% full, thanks Microsoft!)
Oh shit, there's a capacity limit? I gotta check? Uh oh.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I'd suggest using a separate mail app like Thunderbird, Outlook or the like. You can download your mails and back them up with all the attachments and stuff on a hard drive or whatever. That way, you can make room in your online mail box without having to sacrifice anything.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Mar 04, 2023, 00:58
The last time I received a Chems email seems to be this one [EDIT link removed as it showed my emaiL address] from 7th April 2022 Re the DYOH25 release/merch. Sent from no_reply@uk-umg.com
I get the feeling I've missed Chemical emails since then, but I don't know why.
Kind of on these lines, New email with SUBJ "March SALE!" just went out. It's just promoting merch already on sale from a few weeks back (my CWU shirt came last week!). It ends with...

Quote
More news soon from Chemical HQ
So another "let's get rid of old merch prior to us selling you new merch for a release that we haven't confirmed but heavily hinted at through multiple channels and gigs" email. 
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: ThePumisher on Mar 03, 2023, 20:14
Maybe a world premiere on Lauren Laverne's show as part of the "while you where sleeping" tracks?
Quote from: Enjoyed on Mar 04, 2023, 20:29
As a fellow (increasingly more reluctant) user of Hotmail, my experience has been that they are pretty fucking terrible at deciding what is or isn't junk. I get emails full of mixed CaPs & n0mB3rs that sit nice and pretty in my inbox, and then emails from places and businesses I follow, and frequently read emails from, that go straight to junk for whatever reason.

I'm also convinced (tin hat time) that as I'm careening towards my space limit in hotmail (96% full, thanks Microsoft!) that they are sending more and more shit my way instead of deleting it, in a bid to get me to spend actual real money on 'upgrading' my account to allow for more trash to come through.
And before y'all ask. I've had my email address for... gosh, 20 years? And there are some literally historic emails that I just can't part ways with. Old work projects, back and forths with my old label boss/manager, mp3s that Iguanapunk just used to randomly send me, and mailing list emails from bands that no longer exist.

And that's my story.

EXCITED FOR CHEMS NEWS THOUGH!!
My hotmail is awful horrific

I said in the Xdust thread but I reckon it could release through BBC Radio 1's hottest record show, next one without an artist listed yet is Monday next week.
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

My prediction is an email within the next two hours.

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.