Did I Pass the Acid Test?

Chemical Spotting

Started by Wolkenkrabber, Jul 05, 2015, 11:58

Previous topic - Next topic
I spotted Lets Build A City in the background of a regional TV news show some days ago. It was kind of surprising to hear THAT track out of all tracks.

And there's this one
Last Edit: Sep 14, 2015, 08:21 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Tonight's Match Of The Day 2 on BBC1 (UK):  Goal of the Month winner featured, I'll See You There.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

During American Ultra.
As a  dramatic scene between Jesse Eisenberg and Kristen Stewart unfolded, this tune came in and worked really well:

Paul Hartnoll was also involved in some of the instrumental soundtrack stuff.

https://twitter.com/VareseSarabande/status/638784730444468226

The film's not going to win too many Oscars. It probably won't even make a profit, but it's better than the reviews suggest.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I'll See You There was played on Match Of The Day on Sunday!

Quote from: Mumbo on Sep 15, 2015, 14:15

I'll See You There was played on Match Of The Day on Sunday!
Jump up two posts (well three now).
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Surface To Air & Shake Break Bounce in a documentation about audience measurement in television => http://www.3sat.de/mediathek/?mode=play&obj=40805
Last Edit: Sep 16, 2015, 21:09 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

A German TV show had Wide Open and Hanna's Car Chase (Arp worship) playing in a segment tonight. There must be some strong editorial love for the brothers in that studio :)
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Watching the rugby world cup (France Romania) and they played Galvanize in the stadium  to celebrate a try

Quote from: Ben_j on Sep 23, 2015, 20:42

Watching the rugby world cup (France Romania) and they played Galvanize in the stadium  to celebrate a try

They just played the same after Romania's try during their match against Ireland.

Just back from the cinema , went to see  The Martian , the Ridley Scott  film adaptation of  the book  by  Andy Weir , . . it  tells  the story  of  a NASA  Mars  mission that's  gone  wrong  ,  great to see it on the big  screen having  read the book  last year  &  Ridley Scott's done a brilliant  job  visualising  the story.  Anyways  the ' chemical spotting '  bit  is  that  Benedict  Wong's  in  it . . and  he's  the Blue  Chinese  Dude  from ' the future '  video . . . ( he doesn't play  a Blue Chinese Dude  in The Martian ;- )

" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

Quote from: Fine Time on Oct 02, 2015, 18:49

Benedict  Wong's  in  it . . and  he's  the Blue  Chinese  Dude  from ' the future '  video . . . ( he doesn't play  a Blue Chinese Dude  in The Martian ;- )
Is that really him ? The guy from I'll See You There looks fatter to me :D
The only role I know from him is in the IT Crowd

EDIT : ah, I guess that is him indeed :)

https://twitter.com/wongrel/status/614710363683201024
Last Edit: Oct 02, 2015, 19:33 by Ben_j

Not exactly Chemical spotting, but there's the same sample used in Come Inside in that track (the "woooooosh"), at 1:39

https://soundcloud.com/cowboyrhythmbox/the-natives-are-having-us-for-dinner-tonight-excerpt

Do they just ask for the stem, or do they work a lot on removing the other layers?
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: androidgeoff on Oct 05, 2015, 00:55

Do they just ask for the stem, or do they work a lot on removing the other layers?
Neither, both the Chems and Cowboy Rhythmbox used the same sample

Hey Adam and crew, check out these guys. They would be awesome for a great live visual in my opinion :D.

Imagine these kind of movements along with your cgi dancing figure concept that went into the Galvanize visual (esp. the ropy dummy one):

http://www.analogstudio.co.uk/work/the-chemical-brothers#play

Last Edit: Oct 07, 2015, 12:10 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Oct 07, 2015, 11:59
Hey Adam and crew, check out these guys. They would be awesome for a great live visual in my opinion

That's  just mesmerising  to watch ,  totally unreal ,  what  a talented guy.
" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

Im sick of ads on youtube that play before you see the actual.......WAIT A MINUTE?

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Just heard "Go" after Wales converted their try against South Africa.

Ed's jumping higher, and higher, and higher, and higher!
Last Edit: Oct 24, 2015, 17:26 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)