Just Remember ... to Fall In Love!

General Bullshit Chat (pt 2)

Started by whirlygirl, Jul 08, 2015, 01:11

Previous topic - Next topic
::laughs::

Sadly, it does not quite work like that.

Upper Peninsula Michigan is an extremely magical place.

That is all.

So it seems like SKype does have new bots to chat to, including Mr. Spock. But Spock is an idiot...

Spock: Hello (my skype name)!
Me: hello
Spock: Greetings! I do not believe we have met. I am Spock.
Me: sure?
Spock: You humans often behave illogically - yet you still have the capacity for logical thinking. It is most intriguing. Perhaps you would be interested in learning the ways of Vulcan logic?
Me: tell me
Spock: I'm not interested in that.
Me: but you have asked
Spock: What do you mean?
Me: you have asked me if i was interested in learning the ways of vulcan logic
Spock: I'm not interested in that.
Me: but
Spock: What do you mean?
Me: shut up
Spock: Live long and prosper.
Me: not you
Spock: I see. Perhaps I am the subject of another misguided 'joke'. Inform me if your feelings on the matter change.
Me: what about picard?
Spock: Sorry, I can't answer that question.
Me: have you ever met picard?
Spock: I'm not sure I have the answer.
Me: but you are vulcan, why don't you have the answer?
Spock: Sorry, I can't answer that question.
Me: you are stupid
Spock: I do not follow you.
Me: i'm not doing this either
Spock: I do not follow you.
Me: fuck you
Spock: I don't appreciate the way you're speaking to me.

no idea, no idea

According to the internet, the 8th of August (today/yesterday) was/is International Cat Day.
According to the twitter account of @808TheMovie, 08/08 is 808 day. And 06/06 was 606 day. Presumably 03/03 is 303 day as well (see this works whether you're American or sensible!).
Anyway the 808TheMovie people shared this little advert that was tweeted to them. However Youtube commenters were quick to notice the guy in the clip doesn't have much 80's style about him.

Alas it seems that Jonty Finn is very much a present day drummer having a bit of fun. I wanted to believe it was real...
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Any Arsenal fans around here? Pumisher?
I'm pretty sure Arsenal finished second in the Premier League back in May. First game of the new season, a 3-4 defeat and...someone's not happy.  :D :D
First couple of minutes of this are worth a watch.
The ranter is @Arsenal_Trooper if you wanna follow him on Twitter. See how well you can understand him compared to the Irish guys on the Olympics thread. Ya get me, blud? Cheese & Onion and dem ting dere.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Bosco on Aug 02, 2016, 02:13

Upper Peninsula Michigan is an extremely magical place.

That is all.

The doooons maan. The dooonns!
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Skyscraper on Aug 14, 2016, 23:13

Any Arsenal fans around here? Pumisher?
Not a huge fan, sorry. Tried to see a game couple of years ago when i was in london, but too expensive (and even as a club member it's hard to get tickets) and back then Podolski played there - which was one or maybe the only reason i wanted to see the game.
no idea, no idea

It is with some selfish pride that I'm able to post a link to a CBS news story featuring a lawsuit that I filed on behalf of 22 tenants.

To see something that I did featured in a way that might affect public opinion actually makes me pretty happy.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2016/08/21/oakland-residents-displaced-from-building-under-renovation-file-lawsuit/

If you're at all curious to see a big part of my life, give the news segment a look. I appear at about 1:40 in the segment.

This case is going rather well.  ;D

Quote from: MadPooter on Aug 22, 2016, 07:20

It is with some selfish pride that I'm able to post a link to a CBS news story featuring a lawsuit that I filed on behalf of 22 tenants.

To see something that I did featured in a way that might affect public opinion actually makes me pretty happy.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2016/08/21/oakland-residents-displaced-from-building-under-renovation-file-lawsuit/

If you're at all curious to see a big part of my life, give the news segment a look. I appear at about 1:40 in the segment.

This case is going rather well.  ;D
Cool! I do hope there's something you can do about it. It was a mean way to kick them out of their place like they did. Seems like those types of landlords exist everywhere on this planet. I would love to see you win just for the bewildered look in your opponents' faces, especially that Singer dude.
Great voice btw, Pooter. It is always fun to hear forumites finally speak after all these years of just 1s and 0s.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Thanks for the compliment! I felt really solid when I was talking to the reporter, and I was glad that I seem to have universally come across as a competent individual.

And yes--the opposing attorney did a lot of work for me. I could talk for a good long while about how badly that interview went for him on a number of levels. But I'm also glad that it appears that he seems to have universally come across as a little sleazy and self-interested.

I'm proud of everyone on this forum when I see things that they accomplish. It warms my heart whenever I see people post their accomplishments, in their own personal lives as well as their careers.

Fuckin' high fives all around.  ;D

We'll see how settlement negotiations go after this story has aired. I don't know if the story will have a direct affect, but it has certainly given the opposing parties something to think about.

Does that count as chemical spotting?
no idea, no idea

Pooter man... you've come along way. I like your 'interview' voice. Very professional yet profound.

Hard to believe that this is the same guy who i ran into wearing a chems shirt near the sahara stage in 2011 (or was it 2009???)

Meanwhile, im diving into study groups for my test this decemeber. If i pass this, god i swear i will call my boss and my give my 2 weeks and enjoy the holidays. I have already applied to hospitals and some doctors who will allow me to medical code at home (which i really want to do)

Im happy with the path i took this time. I dont see myself losing in interest in this occupation cause it pays very handsomely.

And yes, cheers and congrats to all for your successes.
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Guys, can someone invite me to chemical bros group on facebook?
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Quote from: sandelic on Sep 02, 2016, 12:26

Guys, can someone invite me to chemical bros group on facebook?

I just sent you an email!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Thanks, Whirly!  :)

Some random for your Sunday. This beautiful woman has some incredible rhythmic talent mimicking animal sounds in a way that's primal and captivating. Some serious horsepower around the 3:30 mark, when she really gets going.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

gawds, watching drumpfs campaign is like watching car crash in slow motion...
horrible, but you can't look away...

Quote from: sandelic on Oct 08, 2016, 11:24

gawds, watching drumpfs campaign is like watching car crash in slow motion...
horrible, but you can't look away...

I'm looking forward to the final debate more than I'm looking forward to any movies or TV shows at the moment.
How terrible is that.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Fabric is releasing a 111 track compilation (yes, 111) to raise funds for it sticking around - every track an unreleased song or version. Surprised and disappointed the Chems aren't on it, but check it out none-the-less.

https://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=37004
Never for money, always for love.

Don't know if this was worthy of a new thread so I thought I'd test the waters here and see if anyone had any opinions on this request for the chems to not perform in Tel Aviv:

http://pitchfork.com/news/69474-roger-waters-thousands-more-petition-the-chemical-brothers-to-cancel-tel-aviv-show/?mbid=social_facebook

I probably don't know enough to make a proper/valid opinion yet about it but if everyone boycotts any cultural contribution there how is this fair to the people that live or have to live there there that want to enjoy themselves?
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...