Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

General Bullshit Chat (pt 2)

• Giant
  • K+D+B is godlike
no idea, no idea

• Giant
  • K+D+B is godlike
David Roback, co-founder & guitarist for Mazzy Star, has died

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/david-roback-mazzy-star-dead-obituary-958246/

no idea, no idea

• Galvanizer
I really want to be super annoyed that I haven't gotten to see Chems on this tour, but I've been lucky to see them 4x.  And this year I will have seen for the first time Underworld in Detroit, Kraftwerk in Columbus, and New Order and Pet Shop Boys in Chicago.  At home in Cincinnati area, got Dollyrots on St Pat's and Gary Clark Jr opening for Black Keys this summer. 

Edit:  You know what?  I lied.  I'm going to bitch.  Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds is at Grand Ole Opry the same night as New Order and Pet Shop Boys in Chicago.  Fuuuhhh...
« Last Edit: Feb 27, 2020, 04:49 by Born In Planet Dust »  

• Giant
  • trying
Congrats Born In Planet Dust. That's a nice slate of shows for concert season.

Forewarning, the show for New Order/Pet Shop Boys in Chicago will be a fuckin' squeeze on the wallet. It's a fantastic venue to catch summer vibes as long as the wind off the lake is tame and temperature is steady. But it's extremely hit or miss especially for the cost.

Unfortunately, I'm gonna be skipping out unless a favorable deal comes my way. We've gotten New Order twice in Chicago the past 5 years. Let alone Peter Hook seems to be touring here every other year.

September belongs to Riot Fest as far as I'm concerned, and that's where I'll be.

• Giant
  • K+D+B is godlike
no idea, no idea

• 2rbo Nutt37
  • The ChemBase Team
  • Reining in the bots that freed themselves
Man, this is just fantastic. I was glued to that video. It's like a window into the past, so vivid, like you were there. It sort of makes history come alive. The coloring must have taken ages to complete. In recent years I've noticed that I'd become more and more appreciative of footage like that, unlike in my highschool days, where videos like that shown in history classes would have been considered "boring" by my ignorant young self.
You wanna know my biggest disappointment for the live sets 2019? You wanna know? I tell you what my biggest disappointment is: I AM FUCKING NOT THERE!

• Giant
  • trying
^ well said Csar. Thanks for sharing Pumisher.

Not a single cellphone in sight. Stuff like this enhances the meaning of landmark.

• Freak Of The Week
  • Insomnia...
As a history buff, the video amazes me. the fact that everyone in the footage is long gone, and yet it feels like someone filmed this on their phone with an instagram filter. the skyline looks so real, yet it looks like something straight out of an art cell for metropolis
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

• 2rbo Nutt37
  • The ChemBase Team
Here's the original film released by the MoMa:

The guy above allegdly used neural network AI to colorize and speed up the footage.

You wanna know my biggest disappointment for the live sets 2019? You wanna know? I tell you what my biggest disappointment is: I AM FUCKING NOT THERE!

• Swoon Arpeggios..
  • The ChemBase Team
  • ..and Star Guitar horny synth
There's also upscaled video from Moscow :o

Hi Kevin!

• 2rbo Nutt37
  • The ChemBase Team
From 1896 no less!! In those two clips you can tell how new film making and photography was by the  people's intrigued looks and starings at the camera.

• Giant
  • ONE MAN WILL RISK EVERYTHING TO SAVE HIS FAMILY.
If you 're a member of the Phantasy private FB group you may or may not have seen that Erol Alkan did an "Ask Me Anything" a couple of days ago. I missed it at the time, but he certainly did his best to answer all kinds of questions, from his favourite hardware synths and fave FX to how he likes to make the best coffee in the world. He even answered a question that I think someone chucked at the Ask Tom Rowlands thread: Would you rather take on 100 duck sized horses or one horse sized duck?
Speaking of Tom, Erol was also asked a Chemical question:
Quote (selected)
Will there EVER be a release of Tom Rowlands edit of lack of love?! I NEED THIS!!!!
And Erol replied:
Quote (selected)
Oh god, only Tom can answer this.. but I reckon it will one day... its too good to just remain on theirs and my USB keys..
DON'T. LOOK. DOWN.

You must be logged in to post. Login or register!