0 (0%)
EBW6
6 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Come With Us is turning 19 today, can't believe it

no idea, no idea

you forgot to add the img tag. lemme fix that
Quote from: ThePumisher on Jan 28, 2021, 17:19

Too bad there isn't a whole album option in the poll.

"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Galaxy Bounce and Hot Acid Rhythm 1

Especially Tomb Raider Galaxy Bounce
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Star Guitar, always was and will always remain the most beloved Chems track.

UPD. Aaand, CWU is my favourite album BTW. Have three copies of it, European (UK), Russian, and Japanese with cardsleeve (Modern Masters release).
Last Edit: Jan 28, 2021, 19:34 by Explud
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: androidgeoff on Jan 28, 2021, 19:12

dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Hm, tough to choose just two tracks from this great album. I went with The Test (as I can never really skip that whenever it pops up) and My Elastic Eye. The latter is a hidden gem in my opinion. The vocals,drums, and the Tic Tac Nocturne sample just go so well together.
Galaxy Bounce is a close third (esp. its Tomb Raider version like you guys mentioned, that intro!!!). It's an effing funky banger.

Note to pollster: Where's EBW 5?!?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jan 29, 2021, 10:33

Note to pollster: Where's EBW 5?!?
Was thinking about including this or not, went with not because the difference between EBW5 and Afrikakakakakakakakakakakaka is in my opinion not big enough. Same with the two Galaxy Bounces. EBW6 and Hoops differ more.

Quote from: Csar on Jan 29, 2021, 10:33

Hm, tough to choose just two tracks from this great album.
Yes, i'm totally with you. But if you could only choose one i think most went with SG, and more (or even the complete album as one answer like Conn6orsuper117 requested) answers would be to easy. I voted for SG and HAR1 and wished i could also vote for CWU, Test, Hoops & PS - but it's not possible so i had to made some tough decisions.
Last Edit: Jan 29, 2021, 17:20 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

Quote from: androidgeoff on Jan 28, 2021, 19:12
Galaxy Bounce and Hot Acid Rhythm 1

I had my mouse hovering over both, but for me personally, Star Guitar and EBW6 define that era. But yeah, I was sorry to see the style of tracks like Galaxy Bounce and Hot Acid Rhythm 1 fade away.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Am I wrong thinking it probably should be noted that 'Come With Us' (the album) was an end of the era  for a lot of fans? I remember it being the ugly duckling of the bunch when in comparison to first three albums. Accepted, but not nearly favorited by the masses. By the time 'Push The Button' came, it felt like a new era was born and a lot of old Chemical Brother fans jumped ship.

It's hard to fathom this album is nearly 20 years old. Apart from Star Guitar, really wish it wasn't neglected from live setlists.

BTW, I picked Star Guitar & Hoops
Last Edit: Jan 29, 2021, 21:38 by Bosco

I'll be the one guy fighting for The State We're In, that song has slowly grown as I've gotten older to be one of my all time favorite Chems tracks. I just wish we had a single / compilation version of it somewhere so I could put it in playlists and mixtapes without the whole Denmark ending.

That and Hoops, which I think is one of their best "in one song, this is what the Chems do" songs. It's so diverse and colorful and organic and electronic all at the same time.
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: Bosco on Jan 29, 2021, 21:32

Am I wrong thinking it probably should be noted that 'Come With Us' (the album) was an end of the era  for a lot of fans? I remember it being the ugly duckling of the bunch when in comparison to first three albums. Accepted, but not nearly favorited by the masses. By the time 'Push The Button' came, it felt like a new era was born and a lot of old Chemical Brother fans jumped ship.
absolutely true, i remember those days. people already frustrated with surrender for its ``cheesier'' dance music vibe. then cwu appears and it's all, where are the breakdowns or songwriting structure?, or too much trance, or too pop music, or whatever. many just wanted — and predicted, after surrender a return to — dyoh. the big beat diehards..seems to me that the genre really slipped from the public consciousness after the matrix trilogy.?
Eight or over.

All this time I thought The Duke was like an Exit Planet Dust era song

Also should Silver Drizzle be added?

Quote from: androidgeoff on Jan 30, 2021, 17:21

All this time I thought The Duke was like an Exit Planet Dust era song

Booklet from "Singles 93-03" says recorded may 2001. Maybe they startet years before that with this song, but final recording was during CWU
no idea, no idea

Quote from: GLAKO-FAHN on Jan 30, 2021, 13:43

absolutely true, i remember those days. people already frustrated with surrender for its ``cheesier'' dance music vibe. then cwu appears and it's all, where are the breakdowns or songwriting structure?, or too much trance, or too pop music, or whatever. many just wanted — and predicted, after surrender a return to — dyoh. the big beat diehards..seems to me that the genre really slipped from the public consciousness after the matrix trilogy.?

sounds right. Attention shifted towards the "electroclash" scene before anyone knew "big beat" was gone.

Records like Overseer's 'Wreckage' and Crystal Method's 'Legion of Boom' were "Big Beat"'s swan song. The former being the only one really worth checking out, btw.

Going back to fans jumping ship post-Come With Us... it also should be mentioned that "The Golden Path", a perfectly great single, got dragged through the mud by some fans because of carry over from CWU.

I tweeted at the flaming lips to play golden path before seeing them in 2017

the track got played while setup was happening lol

Quote from: androidgeoff on Jan 30, 2021, 17:21

Also should Silver Drizzle be added?
Oh, i totally missed on Silver Drizzle. It knew it's a behind the couch track, is it from the CWU-sessions? If so, i can edit it into the poll.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jan 29, 2021, 22:24

The State We're In
Loving this tune. And i'm loving how Sofia Copolla included it in Lost In Translation, fits so perfectly.
Last Edit: Jan 31, 2021, 12:36 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jan 29, 2021, 22:24
I'll be the one guy fighting for The State We're In, that song has slowly grown as I've gotten older to be one of my all time favorite Chems tracks. I just wish we had a single / compilation version of it somewhere so I could put it in playlists and mixtapes without the whole Denmark ending.

Yes! I have to say I've always loved the track and the transition works on the album. But I am still hoping for that clean ending....it's never coming.  :(

The transitions on albums are uniquely wonderful, but sometimes a b-side edit would be awesome.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Defo The Test, absolutelly the strongest vocals from every chems tracks
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?