Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Show me what you've got (Chems releases collections)

• Peter the Bellboy
  • The ChemBase Team
Dude. You need to come to Portland at some point. I see CWU at Everyday Music for 5 bucks every time I visit. Not to mention a bunch of singles (you need Music:Response for your collection, no arguments).

I even saw PTB with the free sticker last week!!

There's a bunch of other record stores around too, and Chems stuff is usually pretty reasonably priced when it's used. Everyday Music has a 'skuff' section with cds for $2, all of which are totally playable too.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

• Pioneer
I'm having a bit of a Chems catalog Sunday. Thought I would pull out everything and take a snap to share. Most of these are official releases that I've been collecting since 1998. I wanted to exclude anything that I have that's not official (i.e. Live album bootlegs and unofficial mixes). I did however include a white label of Africa (that's what's on the label). It holds a special place in my heart. It was given to me by a local DJ who use to work at a local record shop. I saw him one weekend at a rave spinning the track and the next week I went into the shop and asked him what it was. He handed me the record and I was like.... sweet, a white label Chems track. Later on I realized it was a fake. Including my vinyl in one pic, then the other pic is my CD, DVD, and VHS collection (realize the VHS is not official).

• Swiper
  • Half of the brotherhood synchronized dance team
I'm currently in the midst of packing for a move to Vancouver. I knew that somewhere around my place was these posters but couldn't remember where they ended up. Finally found them behind boxes and hockey sticks (the Canadian equivalent to in the couch...sorry...sofa cushions).

First is the poster from the screening of Don't Think in my hometown (which turns out actionjackson and Metta were at right behind me...with all 5 other people in the theatre). My mate was the local promo rep for paramount pictures at the time and managed to track it down from the theatre manager before they tossed it out. The second pic is the stub from the screening. I put it in the jewel case of my original (heavily scratched) version of Come With Us knowing that I wouldn't play it again (I had a second copy by that time).

Third is the Olympia Lithogragh print from 2008. I think it's numbered 139/500 (I'll check when I get home tonight). Certain that I ordered it when made available on the web store post-gig. I know quite a few of you have it. Still was chuffed to find the gem during the clean up.

Fourth is a sticker set. Unsure when I picked it up. Possibly the Oakland '05 gig considering the CWU era designs and them selling potential overstock. I remember buying the Push The Button zip up hoodie at the gig. It also could have been from Fuji Rock '04 where I bought the 'kick ass' ebw 6 shirt (that is long gone now).
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.

• Swiper
  • Half of the brotherhood synchronized dance team
Now can someone tell me if this CWU Tour poster from '02 was included in the original vinyl set? I can't recall if I took it out and hung it on my wall for years or if it's an item I bought.

It folds out with the 'tour' side have a few other promo shots of tom & ed and the lyrics for The State We're In on one panel. The back side is the large Black/White '01-02 promo shot where we first saw Tom with short hair. (The following pic is not the poster, it's just the reference)

Also found the original ticket from the Oakland '05 gig in a photo album. I'll add more pics once I get home to provide better reference. I'll also throw up the elektrobank poster my sister put on foam board for Christmas one year.
« Last Edit: Sep 15, 2019, 22:08 by rynostar »  
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.

• Peter the Bellboy
  • The ChemBase Team
Fourth is a sticker set. Unsure when I picked it up. Possibly the Oakland '05 gig considering the CWU era designs and them selling potential overstock. I remember buying the Push The Button zip up hoodie at the gig. It also could have been from Fuji Rock '04 where I bought the 'kick ass' ebw 6 shirt (that is long gone now).

I have those same stickers! I also forget where I got them. I feel like they were maybe included with the hoody I bought from the website? Or maybe I picked them up at a show in Brixton or something?? I know for sure they are plastered on my vinyl cases back in England though.

The rest of that little collection of yours is niiiiiiiice. I would LOVE some CWU era artwork to put up around all the places I exist.

Best of luck with the move!
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

You must be logged in to post. Login or register!