What's this do? Born In the Echoes

XDUST12

Started by ThePumisher, Aug 27, 2021, 21:44

Previous topic - Next topic
This album will be better than No Geography. I think the Chems pushed it more and got more more ideas for this new album during and after NG production. Sneak mentioned the 90's setup they used, so imo when you tap into something you haven't used in a while, something more usually comes out from it then you thought. This overabundance from this 'tapped' setup has caused an expansion of ideas and concepts for the new album and now has a chance to be a top 3 Chems album.

I think I said too much there. But that space gospel track has made me a believer of the limitless heights that the chems can achieve.

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

New music confirmed for 2023 on their instagram - not really a shock but if they are teasing music now it must be soon and not like Autumn!

Quote from: gfa2001 on Jan 05, 2023, 13:43
New music confirmed for 2023 on their instagram

And the vid showing Steve Dub "trying" to mix something - and you can hear TDTYF. So maybe it still is on XDUST12?
no idea, no idea

Don't you hate it when your knob comes off? That's what happens when you play with it too much.
[The acapella clip of TDTYF has me thinking either A) it will be a different mix from the single or B) it will be part of a continuous album mix as some of us have kinda speculated. Maybe.]

Yea though I walk through the valley and shadow of death
every day of my life,
I fear no evil for The Lord is with me.

Sweet! And now we know why it's delayed! The knobs keep coming off!

I wonder what the beige octave kitten is going to contribute.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."

Quote from: Csar on Jan 05, 2023, 18:09
I wonder what the beige octave kitten is going to contribute.
That is a leftover from It Began In Afrika
no idea, no idea

Alright, with Coachella announced and Chems being part of it, maybe we'll get some type of announcement this Friday?

Quote from: Bosco on Sep 28, 2022, 06:23


somebody in youtube comments section had it nailed two months ago! Hey Karl

Funnily enough Second Layer have just released a 'new' album called Courts or Wars. There's nothing new on it of course, "Courts Or Wars compiles the band's two EPs (1979's Flesh As Property and the following year's State Of Emergency) along with a scattering of demo tracks."

https://twitter.com/Bandcamp/status/1616084542191988740

Opening up the album page on Bandcamp here, there is of course a blurb. If we expand and drop to the bottom of the blurb there are notes:

Quote
NOTES:

Features "Courts Or Wars" which was recently sampled by The Chemical Brothers on their upcoming single "No Reason To Live"
Yea though I walk through the valley and shadow of death
every day of my life,
I fear no evil for The Lord is with me.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jan 27, 2023, 23:53
NOTES:

Features "Courts Or Wars" which was recently sampled by The Chemical Brothers on their upcoming single "No Reason To Live"
Ha, you sleuth! Nice find.
Though, I must admit, if true, the title of this is pretty depressing for the Chems. Hope it'll be just "No Reason" eventually.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."

Quote from: Csar on Yesterday at 00:09
Ha, you sleuth! Nice find.
Though, I must admit, if true, the title of this is pretty depressing for the Chems. Hope it'll be just "No Reason" eventually.
Meh, only on the surface. Probably more-so an acknowledgment of the absolute bat-shit world we live in right now.

 This title will do great with the angsty crowd. Chems to play Ozzfest!!!

GAHHHH RELEASE NRTL ALREADY WE CAN'T WAIT TILL APRILLLLL!!!!


(pretty please)


----------------
side note tho I really do think the album rollout will probably begin around Coachella but singles could be out sooner, February-March the earliest...the festival is gonna be livestreamed and probably generate a bunch of buzz for the brothers, especially considering how Portola was so positively received we'd probably get a formal album announcement around that time
I can't take the hearbreak of you leaving me again
And I'm not the one I was back then, no, no, no, no
One thing I can't take is to sit home all alone
Do what you like, my dear, but I'm not staying home

Quote from: hstn on Yesterday at 04:49
GAHHHH RELEASE NRTL ALREADY WE CAN'T WAIT TILL APRILLLLL!!!!


(pretty please)


----------------
side note tho I really do think the album rollout will probably begin around Coachella but singles could be out sooner, February-March the earliest...the festival is gonna be livestreamed and probably generate a bunch of buzz for the brothers, especially considering how Portola was so positively received we'd probably get a formal album announcement around that time
The festival is live streamed but I'm not sure every set gets aired. Does anyone remember if Aphex Twin part of the stream in 2019? I know they cut the Caribou stream short last year and they were absolutely killing it. 

I agree though, it feels really close that we are gonna get a new official single.


aphex twin did not get streamed. most sets they stream are abbreviated, particularly earlier in the day/evening. caribou was unusual because it ended a little abruptly. 

still I'm optimistic they will get some airtime.



Quote from: Bosco on Yesterday at 07:02
The festival is live streamed but I'm not sure every set gets aired. Does anyone remember if Aphex Twin part of the stream in 2019? I know they cut the Caribou stream short last year and they were absolutely killing it.

I agree though, it feels really close that we are gonna get a new official single.


Quote from: shakermaker on Yesterday at 16:15
aphex twin did not get streamed. most sets they stream are abbreviated, particularly earlier in the day/evening. caribou was unusual because it ended a little abruptly.

still I'm optimistic they will get some airtime.
Aphex doesn't allow streaming
Caribou are a lot smaller so are more just highlights coverage i'd say - chems should be the full thing

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.