Forum > Music: Response

Best remixes OF the Chemical Brothers

<< < (2/6) > >>

GLAKO-FAHN:

--- Quote from: Explud on Sep 23, 2021, 19:54 ---Anyone?

--- End quote ---

first thing i thought of!

i love the idea of this thread, though, nice one. taking the opportunity to listen to some these remixes i haven't given much time to

Bosco:
we've gone this far with no mention of Micronauts remix of Block Rockin Beats? A full on assault of chaotic noise, driving distorted beats, and an epic island steel drum finish. It sounds like an banging 9 minute rave.

Not a sound engineering marvel by any means, but damn, I love this remix

actionjackson780:
This is definitely inspiring me to listen back to some remixes I haven't given enough time to, or in some cases more or less dismissed. Most BITE-era remixes were only skimmed over at the time because it took me long enough to really get into the album itself haha

Ben_j:
Block Rockin Beats (The Micronauts remix)
Salmon Dance (Crookers Remix)
Salmon Dance (Hervé Remix)
Hey Boy Hey Girl (Soulwax Remix)
Hey Boy Hey Girl (KiNK Remix)
Sometimes I Feel So Deserted (Skream remix)
The Boxer (DFA Remix)
Get Yourself High (Switch remix)
Come With Us (Fatboy Slim Remix)
Go (Special Request Warehouse remix)
Shinichi Osawa - Star Guitar (does this count as a remix, though ?)

Csar:
I kind of feel like Actionjackson when it comes to official remixes of the Chems for the same reasons. Only rarly do I find they add to the originals or go new paths that I find interesting. But ocassionally there're some really good ones such as

Beyond the Witard Sleeve's version of Battle Scars.
Boyz Noize's Swoon (this was on repeat when it came out and is still one of my favourites).
Bloody Beetroots Dissolve is fantastic and brings out a whole new track with its strings and stuff.
DFA's The Boxer.
Dave Clarke's Chemical Beats mix from the Loops of Fury EP  is pretty dope! Great breakbeat percussions.
Of course the fantastic Golden Path remixes by Ewan Pearson.
Kölsch's remix of Wide Open is pretty nice too. It's very energetic especially the middle part.
I wasn't so sure about the Avalanches Surrender Mashup at first but since then it has grown on me so much that I've come to love it.
The most recent remix of the Darkness by the Blessed Madonna has some nice parts as well.

And I think that's about it.

But there are also unoffical remixes out there that are pretty good. Two that I can think off the top of my head are remixes of Snow that I really dig which I stumbled upon 2 or so years ago.

Sonic Tramp

Mescalin Baby (my favorite of the two)

I would also mention Shinichi Osawa's Star Guitar if it wasn't more like cover than a remix I guess.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version