So We Rollin' With the Chemicals and We Got the New Sound

Coachella 2023

Started by Bosco, Jan 10, 2023, 20:10

Previous topic - Next topic
That's 6:50 CET and 5:50AM BST

Quote from: Ben_j on Apr 13, 2023, 06:35
That's 6:50 CET and 5:50AM BST
Are we talking streaming times here or set times?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Since YouTube is Live Streaming all stages, I guess we'll get a stream of the Chems show as well?
Pls get your recording gear ready

1h30-1h35 min depending on how they play it. Good to see theres a long gap before them which should prevent any delays / issues.
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

heck yeah. Gorillaz into Chems my Friday night is set.

the night I plan to spend on my couch, that is.

Quote from: shakermaker on Apr 13, 2023, 13:43

Same here!!  ;D I very much look forward to seeing the magic unfold at Coachella, it is gonna be amazing but I'm saving my dancing shoes for Santa Barbara! 
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: shakermaker on Apr 13, 2023, 13:43

With my favorite pizza and beer at hand! 

Outdoor Theatre is going to be awesome. This has no meaning (especially since the Chems perform at night), but It's my favorite stage to watch artists on-stream during the daytime. The performers get a fantastic view of the mountains and the massive scale of the festival. 

Time out - we'll be able to watch live on YouTube? Is this confirmed?

It kinda sucks for the attendees that they're playing on the first night because it's all downhill from there.

Is this it for US dates this year? I've been waiting for about 10 years for them to come back to Chicago but at this point it looks like I'll have to make a trip out somewhere. 

Quote from: gfa2001 on Apr 13, 2023, 10:23
1h30-1h35 min depending on how they play it. Good to see theres a long gap before them which should prevent any delays / issues.
That would place it at a 11:20-11:25pm pst end time potentially leaving time for 1-2 encore songs (though I doubt it). The Reel is usually 8-10 minutes from first chords to ending synth squeals. 

If I remember correctly from Portola, it only took the stage crew 45 minutes to setup between James Blake and T&E. The 1hr20 gap gives wiggle room for setup. 
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Kinda expected this, but Underworld getting only 55mins is such a damn tragedy.  They NEVER play here (U.S.), let them put on a show!

Quote from: Bosco on Apr 14, 2023, 00:16
Kinda expected this, but Underworld getting only 55mins is such a damn tragedy.  They NEVER play here (U.S.), let them put on a show!
the irony is that Labrinth is closing out that tent, but there's no hurry for them to get on @ 10:35 exactly! They can make an exception to go at least 20 min late and give that time to Underworld!

but then again alot of artists are getting 40-50 min!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: Bosco on Apr 13, 2023, 16:53
With my favorite pizza and beer at hand!
& your own private bathroom! 

Quote from: Bosco on Apr 14, 2023, 00:16
Kinda expected this, but Underworld getting only 55mins is such a damn tragedy.
oof, yeah. it feels hardly worth the effort to bring them out. 

I wonder how these conversations go with the bands. 

"we'd love for you to come play our festival again, but you can only play an hour. weeeell, slightly under an hour, actually. you know how it is."

Quote from: shakermaker on Apr 14, 2023, 02:47
& your own private bathroom!

Very true. Seeing the collective messy aftermath of digested festival food baked in the desert sun, is something I wont miss. 

Quote from: JeffChrist on Apr 13, 2023, 17:42
Time out - we'll be able to watch live on YouTube? Is this confirmed?
It seems to be! Even the Chems twitter is tweeting about it:

https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/1646737763470020608

and retweeting:

https://twitter.com/instantreigen/status/1646736791913877504

Why is Coachella streaming the entire festival live, for free? Is this just a data collecting thing, rather than exposure for the festival?

Edit: it looks to be heavily sponsored, which I don't recall before. I hope this doesn't take away from stream with advertisements during sets.

Sponsored by Fast X, Verizon and NYX Professional Makeup in the U.S. and Levi Strauss and Co across much of Europe, the weekend one livestream gets rolling at 4 PM PT / 7 PM ET on Friday, April 14th and runs through Sunday night, April 16th. Weekend two kicks back into gear the following Friday, April 21st at the same time, with Tic Tac® and Dove Shower Collection as sponsors in the U.S. and Levi Strauss and Co again in Europe, with livestream festivities running through Sunday, April 23rd. Tune in reminders can be set now!

also this tidbit about replays:

If you can't tune in live, the festival sets will be on repeat after the night's final performance until the live show picks back up at 4 PM PT / 7 PM ET the next day. Highlights from many of the weekend's performances will be made available on demand, so be sure to check back here to rewatch your faves

https://blog.youtube/news-and-events/youtube-coachella-2023/
Last Edit: Apr 14, 2023, 06:22 by Bosco

Quote from: Stefan on Apr 13, 2023, 08:49
Since YouTube is Live Streaming all stages, I guess we'll get a stream of the Chems show as well?
Pls get your recording gear ready
Anyone who video records this, please DM me the MP4, with the filename "Do not open until 4/19"
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

If anyone would be so kind as to record the set, this old raver would appreciate it. 6am sitting room raves aren't on the cards for me 😂
The music gets louder, the lights swirl faster and the chap who freaks out just hasn't passed the acid test. A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is

Quote from: Bosco on Apr 14, 2023, 05:58
Edit: it looks to be heavily sponsored, which I don't recall before. I hope this doesn't take away from stream with advertisements during sets.

I have it on good authority that everything will be uninterrupted but the visuals of Smith&Lyall will be replaced with ads throughout. Gotta make use of that lager screen.
Please log in to view this attachment.  

Chems working Vin Diesel trailer dialogue into the between-track segues like David Guetta playing MLK over a breakdown
Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 17, 2019, 20:16

I need the Miguel version of the album

To my brothers and sisters and siblings heading out to to witness The Chems' triumphant return to Coachella.... HAVE AN AMAZING TIME!! ❤️❤️
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.