Maybe I Feel Out of Control

Coachella 2023

Started by Bosco, Jan 10, 2023, 20:10

Previous topic - Next topic
Ha! The Discord watch party was featured in the email just sent out.  The marketing team is watching us again (Hi team!).
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Make the desert glow, you Coachella ravers!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: rynostar on Apr 14, 2023, 16:40
Ha! The Discord watch party was featured in the email just sent out.  The marketing team is watching us again (Hi team!).
Instantreigen and I are absolutely over the MOON!!!! Grateful to be a part of the chemmunity, sending much love to everyone in the desert and watching from home!! <33333

Posting the invite here for any forumites who wanna hang out tonite!!!
https://discord.gg/6DCqDTkesn
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

sounds like it'll be pretty great..!

that stream is a bit late for me..sign me up for the 'if anybody records this..' list ː
Eight or over.

Quote from: hstn on Apr 14, 2023, 20:13
Instantreigen and I are absolutely over the MOON!!!! Grateful to be a part of the chemmunity, sending much love to everyone in the desert and watching from home!! <33333

Posting the invite here for any forumites who wanna hang out tonite!!!
https://discord.gg/6DCqDTkesn
Yesss!! I've been so excited for this, and I can't wait to host this party. I would love to see some of you in it as well!!  :)
Oo-ee, bit wobbly on the old feet!

Quote from: glakofahn on Apr 14, 2023, 20:14
sounds like it'll be pretty great..!

that stream is a bit late for me..sign me up for the 'if anybody records this..' list ː
Ditto!

The official YouTube description for the outdoor theather seems to double-confirm the live broadcast.

I was a bit confused about the [rebroacast] footnote, but I think that means that after the chems they'll start to re-broadcast earlier footage.

Friday, April 14:
4:00pm - Livestream returns
4:05pm - Saba 
4:55pm - YUNGBLUD
6:10pm - SG Lewis
7:30pm - Kaytranada
9:50pm - The Chemical Brothers
[Rebroadcast]

Definitely on the Discord party train! Can't wait !
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Is someone recording the stream? Also Underworld show will be broadcasted 8)

I set my alarm to 6:30 am. Recording seems working at the moment. Let's see if the great tech manitou will be merciful and gracious when the boys are on.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

On/Off-Topic.

Watching Blink-182 is so weird in Sahara after seeing dance acts earlier in the day. Also weird to see them as...old guys being misogynistic.

Overmono was a good pump up prior to later this week. The remix of The Streets "Turn The Page" is straight FYAH!!!!!

That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: rynostar on Apr 15, 2023, 02:23
Watching Blink-182 is so weird in Sahara after seeing dance acts earlier in the day.
Sandwiched between Jamie Jones and Vintage Culture on that stage. A weird juxtaposition!

Quote from: Stefan on Apr 14, 2023, 14:34
I have it on good authority that everything will be uninterrupted but the visuals of Smith&Lyall will be replaced with ads throughout. Gotta make use of that lager screen.
Sacrilege! Off with your head!

Quote from: Champiness on Apr 14, 2023, 14:52
Chems working Vin Diesel trailer dialogue into the between-track segues like David Guetta playing MLK over a breakdown
Lets not diss the use of preachers/activists in dance music. A forthcoming Chems track may do something very similar with a Jesse Jackson speech...

Quote from: chemdup on Apr 14, 2023, 13:35
If anyone would be so kind as to record the set, this old raver would appreciate it. 6am sitting room raves aren't on the cards for me 😂

I second or third this. It's 4am here and I should be fast asleep. Will be in a minute. Hope to see videos later. Can we replay on their YT channel perhaps?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: rynostar on Apr 15, 2023, 02:23
On/Off-Topic.

Watching Blink-182 is so weird in Sahara after seeing dance acts earlier in the day. Also weird to see them as...old guys being misogynistic.

Overmono was a good pump up prior to later this week. The remix of The Streets "Turn The Page" is straight FYAH!!!!!

I love toms potty mouth! Glad they got more time on stage.

But yeah, I guess the Sahara is not for dance acts anymore,. but change is good

THE CHEMS ARE NEXT! WOOHOOOOOOOO!

Btw I was bumping Kaytranada on my room during his set. He got a great crowd! Will see him next week before Chems!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

"Kids With Guns" hits a little different nowadays (Gorillaz)

Here we go!
— Aurora (The Seed)

BACK WITH ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE

Oooooooooh man!!!  ;D
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Omg, that crowd looks dead!  ::shake
Just get yourself high.

Hey Adam/Marcus, where are my EOD red synced swoosh lights?
— Aurora (The Seed)

The sound really sucks on stream (or maybe it's just me). So if anyone hasn't seen them live it's 10000% better live.