F#cking Excellent Acid House

Paused in Cosmic Reflection

Started by inchemwetrust, Jun 28, 2023, 08:34

Previous topic - Next topic
Pum! :( Unreal, man I am sorry the missing items incident happened to you, too! If it's happened among us here those odds are concerning and this could be happening outside our immediate community. Truly hope White Rabbit is able to get this worked out! The rarity and uniqueness of these items presents challenges for sure,

@Explud as @Wolkenkrabber said it is me in the book... I also got the email from Robin on the same date as you and @Csar. I replied the same day... There was some communication and tentative plans for an interview, then the holidays came and went and the exchanges fell off a while. I was contacted again after the new year and was asked to write back on some things that stood out. No phone interview thank the gods as I feel I'm so awkward! Anyway I hammered out a bunch of memories and ended up sending the poor guy some rather long winded type responses, lol
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: mesamm99 on Dec 02, 2023, 03:11
The book has arrived. I've given one listen to SuperFlash but my kids were all on me during the listen. I'm going to give a proper listen tomorrow without interruption.

I think I can safely say I now know why the book was delayed. You can clearly see that pages have been "cut" out and replaced from 11 to 14. This is not the end of the world but honestly amateur hour since the glue that holds them together has already come undone and now the pages don't line up when I close the book.

Either way the book is amazingly gorgeous and I'm loving every page so far. Will be getting into it as much as I can over the weekend and coming weeks.
Shaking my head with those cut pages!! I love your positivity but it is upsetting the quality is not up to snuff. For that price! A book you can't open and enjoy again and again for fear the pages will drop out...

Received mine, with record and prints.... But... heavy dent on top-right corner and they stamped the logo and title of superflash on the "B" (empty) side  ::hb

Edit: I also see glue where they swapped out the pages....
Edit: I'm #42
Last Edit: Dec 04, 2023, 08:47 by toxic

Quote from: whirlygirl on Dec 02, 2023, 11:29
Shaking my head with those cut pages!! I love your positivity but it is upsetting the quality is not up to snuff. For that price! A book you can't open and enjoy again and again for fear the pages will drop out...
I examined the pages in my book closely and there are two pages that are glued together, but I haven't noticed where anything would've been cut out and I probably never would've noticed the additional glue if it weren't for the comments here. Probably I'm just lucky, it looks to me like it's overall a botched production :(
I personally wouldn't mind the dent or misplaced label or the mixed up pages too much, the missing items are of course completely unacceptable and need to be provided asap.

On a more encouraging note, the book is really great so far!

Quote from: toxic on Dec 02, 2023, 11:32
Received mine, with record and prints.... But... heavy dent on top-right corner and they stamped the logo and title of superflash on the "B" (empty) side  ::hb
I'd return it and immediately buy a new one as long as they're still available. Stuff like that is unacceptable for such an expensive item.

There it is, I found it on YouTube:

So let your body rock...

Edit: I also see glue where they swapped out the pages....
Edit: Look at that messed-up logo print on the label :o

Aw man, I feel so bad for you guys who spend all this hard earned money on such a much anticipated nice item only to receive such poor quality at this premium price. I mean, my copy also go a scratch and dent on the book's back but I chalked that up to bad handling on the delivery's end, having spend considerably less.

Oh well, perhaps you can try and see it that way: You got a unique version among the limited editions.
Last Edit: Dec 02, 2023, 12:36 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: orangewedge99 on Dec 02, 2023, 12:06
Woah! Seven and a half minutes squeezed on to one side of a 7". Does that play at 33 RPM?
Is this even a vinyl rip? I can't get my headphones to co-operate with my pc today (what is wrong with Max Audio Pro? Do I have to have it?), but listening through laptop speakers I can't hear any vinyl noise...

they stamped the logo and title of superflash on the "B" (empty) side 
Extra rare! Increases the value (maybe).
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Dec 02, 2023, 12:39
Woah! Seven and a half minutes squuezed on to one side of a 7". Does that play at 33 RPM?
Is this even a vinyl rip? I can't get my headphones to co-operate with my pc today (what is wrong with Max Audio Pro? Do I have to have it?), but listening through laptop speakers I can't hear any vinyl noise...
Yeah, you can hear some soft crackling at the end.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Hey all!
My partner ripped the record yesterday - he got his copy earlier than mine! I thought you'd appreciate it as well  :)
https://youtu.be/Yk4NiUppUL8?si=hx0VQQZ8OvuC2PyY
Oo-ee, bit wobbly on the old feet!

Quote from: orangewedge99 on Dec 02, 2023, 12:06

Ooh, looks like I'm late to the party haha. I meant to post it yesterday but I was too tired 
Oo-ee, bit wobbly on the old feet!

Rad! Thank you for sharing this beauty!

Quote from: mesamm99 on Dec 02, 2023, 03:11
I think I can safely say I now know why the book was delayed. You can clearly see that pages have been "cut" out and replaced from 11 to 14. This is not the end of the world but honestly amateur hour since the glue that holds them together has already come undone and now the pages don't line up when I close the book.

Shit man!! This is wrong on so many levels. And the chance that those pages can fall out are likely to happen. >:(  Sigh!

My book just landed near L.A. and is being sorted! Gonna have to record the unboxing and cross fingers when it arrives.

Got 2 automated emails from WR regarding the 'issue'
But probably won't get a response till Monday.

I'm not tapping that YT leak above, but the Discord peeps are already celebrating it like its Xmas already.

EDIT: As I was typing this, I just got a PM from WR via insta:

'Hi there, thanks so much for getting in touch and flagging this with us. Of course we are incredibly disappointed (to say the least) to hear this and we will do everything we can to put it right for those affected. We will investigate urgently with our production department and suppliers to figure out how this could have happened, and formulate a plan for rectifying any copies with any missing elements ASAP.'
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

I just opened mine, and excited to say everything was included. I've yet to give a hard look at the book, but yes, I can see page 11-14 is glued (as been noted).

@actionjackson780  commented the back of 7" Superflash label is bubbling and poorly adhered, and that was the case with mine.

I'm #307, nice to meet y'all.
Last Edit: Dec 03, 2023, 02:14 by Bosco

So glad to hear White Rabbit is on the case!! I'm kind of anxious over this but eager for your guys' issues to get sorted out, just trying to chill a bit and trust it'll all work out.

Mine must have landed in the same sort bin as inchem's. It's in Whittier in Los Angeles, so won't be long until it's in my hot lil hands - should be Monday or Tuesday! 

I know mine is at least in my home city. Canada post called yesterday saying there was no unit number for my place on the package. Phoned back to confirm. Now it's saying Wednesday delivery... great... 

still don't know if there is a collection charge...which means they send it to a post office...meaning another 24 hour wait before processed there...aiming for Friday for package in my hand.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: instantreigen on Dec 02, 2023, 13:13
Hey all!
My partner ripped the record yesterday - he got his copy earlier than mine! I thought you'd appreciate it as well  :)
Hero we all needed ✌️😎
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Love superflash!

Love the fact the band can sit on a track like this for over 10 years, show the depth of their catalogue. There must be so many tunes that haven't seen the light of day that are still worthy of a release, probably just waiting for the right time.

It's very much got that b side vibe, and I say that with no negative connotation. Or maybe it was a track that could have been a second side on an EBW put they just didn't have a main EBW track at that time.

Maybe one day this could get a live airing again, it was an amazing climatic part of the don't think film

Sorry for all those people who have had issues with their deluxe box sets. It's pretty inexcusable to have so many issues for something so delayed and expensive.

Very much looking forward to my paused in cosmic reflection book avent tomorrow evening, meeting up with some classic forum members from the forums golden period.
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

Finally got to listen to Superflash :luv :music

Spoiler
S U P E R F L A S H
N U M É R O   U N
N U M B E R   O N E

This track already has a special place in my heart, since it was a unique track from their 2011 setlist, where I first saw them live. And now we have it in all its studio glory!

Quote from: instantreigen on Dec 02, 2023, 13:13
Hey all!
Thanks a lot! I'll probably try to rip it myself eventually, but I've never done this so I was afraid to bork it up or not get a quality recording out of it, now there's no pressure :D