Love Is All

Paused in Cosmic Reflection

Started by inchemwetrust, Jun 28, 2023, 08:34

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: ThePumisher on Dec 06, 2023, 14:47
My mail also was from Darren.
Maybe they think with cutting out the pages and glue them back in, there's no need for a refund. Mine are still in the original mixed up status so that's maybe why they offer me the 10%.

Only thing is, seems like i'm again have to pay german custums plus the Umlagepauschale
Honestly, they should just invest in a UPS/FedEx shipment here. It's really not fair to make you pay a minimum of 6 something again :/
Oo-ee, bit wobbly on the old feet!

Seems like I really lucked out with my copy. The pages are in order and the cut was done in a way that I would never ever have found it, if not closely inspecting the inner edge between pages 10 and 11. And the glue looks like it can handle normal leafing through the book.

Quote from: ThePumisher on Dec 06, 2023, 14:47
Only thing is, seems like i'm again have to pay german custums plus the Umlagepauschale
There's absolutely no reason why you'd have to pay anything additional for an error that's on the sellers part. Doesn't matter whether it's for an order of 15 bucks or 150. When using UPS or Fedex etc, I think there's the option that all charges will be billed to the sender.
Last Edit: Dec 06, 2023, 20:23 by Stefan

@Joslyn and those who have the standard edition... am I reading this correctly. The standard edition is errored on pages 11-14 as well? just not "remedied" like the deluxe, correct?

Quote from: Stefan on Dec 06, 2023, 19:46
There's absolutely no reason why you'd have to pay anything additional for an error that's on the sellers part. Doesn't matter whether it's for an order of 15 bucks or 150 or. When using UPS or Fedex etc, I think there's the option that all charges will be billed to the sender.
Definitely bill to sender!

If not, ask for a higher than 10 percent refund to offset the german customs fee.

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

So I received my copy today as well. The box was dented so I was a bit anxious unboxing. Fortunately nothing on the outside however some issues on the inside.

While unboxing a burgundy piece of paper dropped out of the clamshell cover. Inspecting further there are 2 tears on the inside.
The pages 14 & 15 are glued together for an inch and can not be fully spread.
And I have the same vinyl problem as Toxic, the empty b-side is stamped while the track a-side has an empty white label.

I asked WR how these issues can be resolved.

Although these seem as minor issues as others in my opinion this book which is marketed as deluxe with a limited run of 500 we would expect the highest quality, or at least a better quality check as has been done now.

Quote from: whirlygirl on Dec 05, 2023, 23:05
I have some images showing where the pages were cut... I am sorry for any lack of discretion in terms of image spoilers but just want to get this out there.

Pics are below, the silver thing in the images is a letter opener to point out the glue and cut damage on pages 14-15 (edited from 16)

Oh no @whirlygirl  Those pictures almost made me cry. That is horribly done.

Quote from: Bosco on Dec 06, 2023, 20:00
@Joslyn and those who have the standard edition... am I reading this correctly. The standard edition is errored on pages 11-14 as well? just not "remedied" like the deluxe, correct?

@Bosco Yes. The issue was on page 12 and 13 and the 1 column on page 13 is now the first column on page 12 so the reading order is correct.

Quote from: Joslyn on Dec 06, 2023, 21:32
Although these seem as minor issues as others in my opinion this book which is marketed as deluxe with a limited run of 500 we would expect the highest quality, or at least a better quality check as has been done now.

Just so you don't doubt yourself here... Not just your opinion, mine too. The condition of yours is definitely not acceptable. That would be really deflating to experience the series of issues your copy has.

I'm happy we have this forum here to talk out these issues.

Gutted for you experience Joslyn. Looks like you bought your copy off eBay.

What really is exasperating is this was supposed to be a celebration. But it seems everyone has had a disappointment at some level. 

In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

Quote from: Bosco on Dec 05, 2023, 20:02
If anyone has the time to write a formal "collective" complaint about the deluxe edition, I'd gladly support/sign. Maybe in the form of an email, so we can all copy and paste individually, and ultimately, hammer this home to White Rabbit.

I do think all customers of the deluxe edition are owed an acknowledgment on the issue(s) and not just individual "fixes" for people that took extra effort to raise a case.

The timing of all this sucks, because I know nobody wants to deal with this during the Holiday season.
I'm up for this. But let's wait to everyone gets his copy and how the first responses and sollutions are. I'll set up a first draft. 
Also I would like to share that letter Robin Turner, the Brothers just to inform them how this overall proces has been. Maybe through Eroll or sharing it through Instagram? I don't know. To be continued...

On a fun note, could we place a sticky or something at the top of the forum of all the numbers we have recieved on this forum? Would be fun to see how many books were bought by forum members and how numbers 1 to 500 are spread across our group. 🥳

Quote from: Joslyn on Dec 07, 2023, 15:42
On a fun note, could we place a sticky or something at the top of the forum of all the numbers we have recieved on this forum? Would be fun to see how many books were bought by forum members and how numbers 1 to 500 are spread across our group. 🥳
The statistics geek in me is all for this! 

So, then someone has to take a look at my unboxing video at around 1 minute, you can see my number. I really can't tell if it's 231 or 237 (would slightly tend to a 7 but not sure)
no idea, no idea

It's 237!
That's also the best number because it would make you the Turbo Nutter of the deluxe owners, and therefore Mustn't Grumble!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

My prediction is that the numbers are spread randomly ;D

Hi group, I'm #84

Love the spread on the home page.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

This is the best thing I've seen on any forum ever! Thank you @Csar!!  :partyG

Commenting on behalf of my buddies, @hstn got #141 and my partner who is unfortunately not on the forum despite me telling him to join a billion times got #402!

Csar Csar Csar!

Happy to be a member of the Deluxe Edition Owners Club.... I feel a song coming on! (WR Edition)

The deluxe edition owners club
We thought the book was really keen
The glue is stuck on page fifteen
The deluxe edition, the deluxe edition
The book misprints were just half ass
I miss my print and Superflash
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

I've never been part of a club. Should I buy a smoking jacket and pipe to chew on?