So We Rollin' With the Chemicals and We Got the New Sound

M. Son of the Century (Soundtrack by Tom Rowlands)

Started by Stefan, Aug 21, 2024, 18:19

Previous topic - Next topic
I don't think we have a dedicated thread yet?

The first trailer was just released, giving us also a first tease at Tom's new score:

Quote from: Stefan on Aug 21, 2024, 18:19
The first trailer was just released, giving us also a first tease at Tom's new score:

Thanks for the trailer. Someone in the YT comments mentioned the music and said "new version of Personal Jesus".  I can hear where they're coming from.
But in fact the tune seems to be something else. Shazam tells me that it's Brand X: "For The Win". And Shazam appears to be correct.

As you've started a thread on this now, perhaps it might be worth popping these two insta posts in here. Considering Tom commented "Mmmmmmm" and "M" respectively on these posts, it's probably safe to assume that this stuff is from M. We originaly posted these in the RAR thread.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Aug 21, 2024, 19:58
Thanks for the trailer. Someone in the YT comments mentioned the music and said "new version of Personal Jesus".  I can hear where they're coming from.
But in fact the tune seems to be something else. Shazam tells me that it's Brand X: "For The Win". And Shazam appears to be correct.

Oh, my bad, I didn't even bother checking whether it is anything new. ::)

Quote from: Stefan on Aug 21, 2024, 20:45
Oh, my bad, I didn't even bother checking whether it is anything new. ::)

Please log in to view this attachment.
no idea, no idea

I have irrational hope for some type of Morricone nod from Tom.

Just noticed this on their instagram - hadn't clocked before.

very intriguing
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

There's the Tom that we love for going all out during performances. Then there is the Tom who looks like he's a man who knows how to snake a clogged drain and the ability to find lost Norwegian artists in forests (pictured above). 

We love both Superhero versions of our Tom.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Tom did a DJ set for the "M" party tonight, as per the Chems insta stories.
So there are re-posts from the stories of:
https://www.instagram.com/petite_eli/

https://www.instagram.com/theevesapple/ (more clips here than were re-posted by the Chems)

And also a clip of Tom talking about the M project on the stories here:
https://www.instagram.com/hollywoodreporter.it/

The tunes sound like a throwback to their BITE era DJ sets, with Go (extended) and the LL Cool J  "Freak Freak y'all" vocal over a track that isn't Direct Buki.
The track is either Bush Beat by Prince Charles & The City Beat Band (re-edited), or it's Beat The Bush by Alter Ego which sampled/re-worked the Prince Charles track. I think it's the former, as below.

I think I aso heard a 2024 track called Merpa by GAEK, Monkey Timers & Keita Sano.
EDIT: Freestyle - Don't Stop The Rock, too.

EDIT2: Oh he played Through Me and the old breaks prototype for HBHG which I've forgotten the name of(!)
Spoiler
. Heard on this Sonia person's stories: https://www.instagram.com/sonia_serafini_swonji/

EDIT3: And Galvanize (Chems insta stories).

EDIT4: This is a surprising one. On the Chems insta stories at the moment is a clip of Tom DJ-ing (I presume at the M party) -the track is:
Charli xcx - The girl, so confusing version with Lorde

Ok we know Tom worked with Lorde on TINAG, and I'll admit that the dirty synth underpinning the track is pretty good, so...there's that.
I guess Tom took the opportunity to play something he might not play in an official Chemical DJ set. Or maybe we'll hear it in their sets in November...
Last Edit: Sep 08, 2024, 17:17 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Sep 06, 2024, 00:01
Charli xcx - The girl, so confusing version with Lorde

Ok we know Tom worked with Lorde on TINAG, and I'll admit that the dirty synth underpinning the track is pretty good, so...there's that.
I guess Tom took the opportunity to play something he might not play in an official Chemical DJ set. Or maybe we'll hear it in their sets in November...
Just about every DJ under the sun has been playing Charli XCX this summer, even those you would least expect!

I wouldn't be too shocked to see this stick around in November
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023